Allis Chalmers ALLISCHALMERSD15 4.70 star(s) (3)

Information, reviews, photos, discussion topics, owner pages, and specifications about the Allis Chalmers ALLISCHALMERSD15.
25-50 HP Tractors
1704763657.jpg

About the Allis Chalmers ALLISCHALMERSD15

Allis Chalmers ALLISCHALMERSD15 Discussions (0)

Here are the most recent ALLISCHALMERSD15 topics from our community.
No discussions tagged.
[ad placeholder]

User Reviews (3)

Read what TractorByNet members think about the Allis Chalmers ALLISCHALMERSD15 Subcompact Tractor
67 %
33 %
0 %
0 %
0 %
5.00 star(s)
toelesshoe

ALLISCHALMERSD15 Allis Chalmers
D15 Restoration
Model Year: 1961

I came accross my tractor through an ad on the internet. Fortunately, it was mostly complete but sadly neglected. Now that it's running again I find it to be surprisingly powerfull and responsive. It's rated as 45 H.P.and it certainly has ample strength to force an 8' wide snow plow up hill through 2' snow drifts. I am more than happy with it.

Pros: Hi-Low hand clutch,3 point hitch and hydraulic remote
Cons: standard steering, negative ground battery

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
Marty518

Allis Chalmers D15
Model Year: 1961

This D15 tractor is actually the second one that I've owned. It is a 1961 model year and the hour meter was inoperative when I got it. My first was a 1962 model year that I bought when I was a teenager at a retiring farmer's auction. The D15 has a lot of good features which is why I bought this one. The 149 CID engine has a good amount of power for its size. It starts well in all kinds of weather. It has power steering which makes it easier to operate. The Power Director (hi-lo) is one of the things I like most about the "D" series Allis tractors (D14 through D19; D10s and D12s didn't have it). The Snap Coupler hitch system works well if you have A-C implements with that configuration, but a true 3 point hitch would be nicer. The hydraulic system is okay, but only operates one single acting hydraulic circuit.

Pros: Power, ease of operation, Power Director.
Cons: With wear, the transmissions tend to jump out of 3rd gear, out dated hydraulics.

4.00 star(s)
GEO78

A Good Little Tractor That Has Lots of Power
Model Year: 0

The time I've spent over the years with this tractor. I have only found a couple of downfalls. That would be the hitch system and the lack of live power (PTO). The hitch system works fine, but you have to manually change the hitch groups when going from 3-pt to draw bar. This is difficult to do with one person. As for the "live power" issue, anyone who is familiar with the term knows that when you push the clutch in, the PTO stops turning. Outside of that, This little tractor may have been ahead of its time. Ultimately I love it.

Pros: Engine, steering, braking, comfortable.
Cons: Hitch system, no live PTO.

[ad placeholder]

Allis Chalmers ALLISCHALMERSD15 Owner Pages

View owner pages to see photos, customization and comments about member-owner Allis Chalmers ALLISCHALMERSD15s

Allis Chalmers ALLISCHALMERSD15 Community Rankings

#302 user rating of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#763 Viewed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#32 discussed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#788 user rating of 27027 items overall
#2384 Viewed of 27027 items overall
#62 discussed of 27027 items overall
#7 Ranking of Most-OwnerPages in 27027 items overall