Allis Chalmers D14 4.30 star(s) (6)

Information, reviews, photos, discussion topics, owner pages, and specifications about the Allis Chalmers D14.
25-50 HP Tractors
1704763656.jpg

About the Allis Chalmers D14

Allis Chalmers D14 Discussions (0)

Here are the most recent D14 topics from our community.
No discussions tagged.
[ad placeholder]

User Reviews (6)

Read what TractorByNet members think about the Allis Chalmers D14 Subcompact Tractor
33 %
67 %
0 %
0 %
0 %
4.00 star(s)
ironwings

D14 Allis Chalmers
My Experiences
Model Year: 1959

Good older tractor. Was a gift from my dad. Big enough for our little hay operation. Typical older AC. More power than weight to handle it.

Pros: Good older tractor.
Cons: Poor hydraulics.

4.00 star(s)
born again farmer

D14 Allis Chalmers
My New Toy
Model Year: 1958

Tractor is in great shape for its age---no rust, great paint, runs like a champ. Electrical was converted to 12 volt all gauges work except hour meter. Came with a loader that's in great shape bucket and cylinders excellent condition.

Pros: Just right for my four acres.
Cons: None now.

4.00 star(s)
lobo309

D14 Allis Chalmers
AC D-14
Model Year: 1956

I just bought this tractor. It's kinda hard to give a review until I get a chance to use it and see what I bought. I've had several IH Farmalls in the past, so it's going to take a while to learn the Allis Chalmers. So far I'm impressed. The ol' girl is in pretty good shape for a 50+ yr old tractor. More to follow after I bush hog the fields this spring.

Pros: Seems in pretty good shape for 50+ years.
Cons: Damn thing is hard to steer. Wish it had PS.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
ShawnWilson

D14 Allis Chalmers
Restored D14 Wide Front End
Model Year: 1962

I recently purchased a fully restored 1962 Allis Chalmer D14. The tractor has been a great addition to our farm. We use the tractor for bush hogging, baling hay, and plowing/discing our fields. The tractor still run a 6-volt system however I do wish they would of converted it 12-volt, I may do it in the future.

Pros: Fully restored starts easy good an fuel.
Cons: Running 6-volt.

Photo Uploads:

4.00 star(s)
pryalls

D14 Allis Chalmers
D14 owned 35 years
Model Year: 1957

Good old tractor. Live PTO would be good however the hand clutch with hi/lo range can be used. Running gear excellent. The three point hitch attachment I have on this tractor does not have stabilizers. I would like to add stabilizers but have not figured out how to do it. Replaced rear tires several years ago and added wheel weights instead of going back to fluid in tires. This was a good move. Bought old loader dedicated to this tractor which needs some bucket work (trip bucket). Unfortunately I have not put hydraulic control to separate lift from loader. Converted to 12 volt but need to use alternator instead of 12 V generator. Tractor starts without fail in all weather. Tractor has done well for road maintenance, wood hauling, garden plowing, etc.

Pros: Reliability, pull, clearance, hi/lo clutch
Cons: Live PTO with foot clutch, 3 point attached to snap coupler, tools not stabilized, additional hydraulic control needed.

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

D14 Allis Chalmers
Well Built Tractor
Model Year: 1959

My great-grandfather owned an Allis-Chalmers dealership in the 1950s. He bought his 1959 D14 brand new and it has been on the farm ever since. It has been used almost every summer since about 1959. It easily has 3,000+ hours on it, but I cannot verify the exact hours. It still has the original engine and runs like a top. It typically burns 1 quart of oil every 10 hours or so but that is not bad considering the work it has been put through. Everything on this tractor is original and still works. This tractor gets used for brush mowing currently but has been used for swathing and baling hay. It is a little underpowered for some heavy grass/alfalfa hay cutting but that is not surprising for only having 30 horsepower.

Pros: Reliable as it gets, great range of speeds, easy to work on
Cons: Fairly basic features, no live power take-off, fuel economy is average

[ad placeholder]

Allis Chalmers D14 Owner Pages

View owner pages to see photos, customization and comments about member-owner Allis Chalmers D14s
No results found.

Allis Chalmers D14 Community Rankings

#492 user rating of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#285 Viewed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#32 discussed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#1245 user rating of 27027 items overall
#902 Viewed of 27027 items overall
#62 discussed of 27027 items overall
#7 Ranking of Most-OwnerPages in 27027 items overall