Allis Chalmers WD45 4.80 star(s) (12)

Information, reviews, photos, discussion topics, owner pages, and specifications about the Allis Chalmers WD45.
25-50 HP Tractors
1704763675.jpg

About the Allis Chalmers WD45

Allis Chalmers WD45 Discussions (0)

Here are the most recent WD45 topics from our community.
No discussions tagged.
[ad placeholder]

User Reviews (12)

Read what TractorByNet members think about the Allis Chalmers WD45 Subcompact Tractor
75 %
25 %
0 %
0 %
0 %
5.00 star(s)
Al haber

WD45 Allis Chalmers
Allis Chalmers 45
Model Year: 1956

I got this 45 because I wanted one. I have a John Deere 720 for years and I have a farmall A with cultivators on it which never come off. So far for my 45 I have 2 snap coupler plows and a 8 ft. snap coupler disc. Now looking for a 2 row snap coupler planter for the 45.

Pros: Excellent condition tractor.
Cons: None.

5.00 star(s)
ljorgen

WD45 Allis Chalmers
WD 45 Diesel RPMS

Engine was given a complete overhall except for pump. Engine misses at 3/4 throttle and above.

Pros: Very handy small acreage tractor.
Cons: No power steering, however I grew up with, so none!

5.00 star(s)
hamptonroberson

WD45 Allis Chalmers
WD-45 Gas
Model Year: 1947

Strong little tractor. Narrow front end, 1 set of hydraulics. 3 point lift arms incomplete. Good draw bar. 540 R.P.M. power take off. Very good haying tractor. Strong enough to pull baler, rake or even New Holland Bale Wagon. Disadvantage is that the tractor is light in weight.

Pros: Strength, small and nimble.
Cons: Too light in weight for plowing without adding copious amount of weights.

5.00 star(s)
Ken C

WD45 Allis Chalmers
Allis Chalmers WD-45
Model Year: 1954

I bought this tractor (2nd owner) mostly for moving a lot of snow. It is a wide front with a snow trip bucket, fluid in rears, chains, but unfortunately without power steering. It looks real nice, starts great always, runs & drives as it should & has good power. Needless to say, I am very happy with this Orange tractor, having owned it for 20 years now!

Pros: Super dependable, only std. maint required, fun.
Cons: Power steering would be nice.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
JRACME

WD45 Allis Chalmers
Retirement Has No Days Off
Model Year: 1953

The family has farmed since the 1950s and has always had at least a WD or WD45. Just retired and moved back to the farm. Mom 86 and Dad 87 are still kicking and I'm determined to keep them moving. Been working on getting this one back in 100% working condition. Replaced the drive key in the power steering pump. Wow! Steers like a Lincoln. The hydraulics quit so I swapped it out with one from a salvage running gear my dad had. I've seen at least three units parked around the neighborhood. Going to need a set of wheels someday. This winter I'll get started on the D17. It blew a head gasket 15 years ago and the family parked it in the shed and have used the wheels on the WD45. Then a basket case Case 310G TRACLOADER.

Pros: Reliable, easy to work on.
Cons: Hard seat.

5.00 star(s)
TJ in WI

WD45 Allis Chalmers
Best Tractor

For ALL tractors built between 1953 and 1957 there is NOTHING to compare with the power and dependability of this tractor. As usual, Allis-Chalmers was WAY ahead of everyone else.

Pros: Dependability, lasting, will be around for another 60 years.
Cons: Parts and the quit being made.

5.00 star(s)
TJ in WI

WD45 Allis Chalmers
Best of Class
Model Year: 1957

This is a strong tractor and will last another 60 years. Easy to work on and with. Power steering on this one (first year for it). Beat everything at Nebraska tests. An all around good tractor.

Pros: An Allis.
Cons: Quit making them.

4.00 star(s)
ironhead 7

WD45 Allis Chalmers
Puller
Model Year: 1957

Will run forever can't reach clutch peddle will lug flip not die hell to drive a lot of fun hard to get on cant wait to take it to the vintage tractor pull I hope I am the only one there with a wd45!

Pros: Steers good with a break on.
Cons: Wants to only go straight if you don't hold back a wheel.

4.00 star(s)
lestel13

WD45 Allis Chalmers
WD 45 Great Tractor

I have 2 of these one with a wide front and 1 narrow with loader. Purchased them from the original owner. Can't say enough good about them. Can be uncomfortable, but just continues to keep going. They are very reliable tractors.

Pros: Depedability, easy to repair.
Cons: Some what uncomfortable to operate.

5.00 star(s)
Ken C

WD45 Allis Chalmers
1954 WD-45 Second Owner
Model Year: 1954

Not being a farmer and this being my first tractor upon retirement, caused me to get bit by the tractor bug! The reason for the 4 stars for features is for no power steering, although, factory PS was available. I mainly use it for moving a lot of snow. My rear tires aren't the best, but with fluid in the tires (came with it in) and a set of fair chains, it does a big job with the large snow (trip) bucket. It is a fun tractor to own and drive. My friend welded a 1 1/2" pipe under the lead edge of the bucket which helps keeping me from tearing up the lawn. Saw this in Farm Show Magazine.

Pros: Reliable, powerful, looks great.
Cons: No power steering.

[ad placeholder]

Allis Chalmers WD45 Owner Pages

View owner pages to see photos, customization and comments about member-owner Allis Chalmers WD45s

Allis Chalmers WD45 Community Rankings

#234 user rating of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#736 Viewed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#32 discussed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#638 user rating of 27027 items overall
#2280 Viewed of 27027 items overall
#62 discussed of 27027 items overall
#7 Ranking of Most-OwnerPages in 27027 items overall