Farmall CUB 4.90 star(s) (9)

Information, reviews, photos, discussion topics, owner pages, and specifications about the Farmall CUB.
Vintage Tractors
1704767724.jpg

About the Farmall CUB

Farmall CUB Discussions (0)

Here are the most recent CUB topics from our community.
No discussions tagged.
[ad placeholder]

User Reviews (9)

Read what TractorByNet members think about the Farmall CUB Subcompact Tractor
89 %
11 %
0 %
0 %
0 %
5.00 star(s)
Albert Kitts

CUB Farmall
1949 Farmall Cub
Model Year: 2011

Purchased in June of this year. Fair condition. Have rebuilt carb and distributor. The tractor had been converted to the quick hitch system. Came with a plow, disc, and cultivators. I have since added a forward mount blade. Plans are to rebuild engine this winter along with accessories . I also have an International rollover plow with fingered moldboards and 2 point quick hitch if anyone is looking .

Pros: Good little tractor.
Cons: Limited horsepower.

4.00 star(s)
yodave

CUB Farmall
David Tractor
Model Year: 1960

-

Pros: -
Cons: -

5.00 star(s)
sbachelder

CUB Farmall
1948 Farmall Cub w/Woods L42 Mower
Model Year: 1948

Purchased tractor with mower. Tractor mechanicals were generally good (engine was good with exception of several carburetor related issues - no smoke; some issues with transmission shifting. Several minor mechanical issues with mower. Tractor and mower refurbished by "Farmer John's Tractors" in Cartersville, GA. Tractor now runs and looks like new. This is a great little tractor for mowing relatively large "lawns".

Pros: Comfortable, mowing large and heavy growth is no strain. Does a good job and a lot more interesting than a "lawn" tractor.
Cons: Certain parts are somewhat hard to find and can be expensive, although there is a pretty good offering of "aftermarket" parts available for this tractor.

5.00 star(s)
cn412gk

CUB Farmall
Farmall Cub Keeps On Working
Model Year: 1950

My father & grandfather bought the Cub w/implements, tandem disc, plow, cultivators, and sickle mower in 1950 and has been performing well since with little repairs (valves ground). If you perform regular maintenance, these tractors can last a long time.

Pros: Right size for 10 acres or less.
Cons: Six volt battery.

5.00 star(s)
Meetoo

CUB Farmall
My Farmall Cub
Model Year: 1952

Bought Cub from wife's great-uncle's widow. He bought in 1952, used on his farm and took excellent care of it. Has complete set of implements but I also bought 48" belly mower and set of cultivators. Only use for mowing now. Used for gardening for 5 yrs. Rebuilt engine about 2 years after I got it (about 1980). All parts were still factory spec. New rings and gaskets, re-seated valves. Occasional work on carb. but easy to fix. Replaced radiator core because my Dad tried to clean it with his pocket knife. Tires and tubes have been replaced recently too. Some new paint and she's still a working tractor. Recently bought a 1965 International Cub to restore and it really needs it.

Pros: Parts are readily available. Easy to work on.
Cons: Hydraulic unit is hard to rebuild.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
unit22

CUB Farmall
Brought Back Memories
Model Year: 1958

I inherited this from my brother and decided to keep it because it reminded me being a kid a long time ago and using a cub to mow the township roads. I had it overhauled completely and repainted by a friend this year.

Pros: Great little tractor and very dependable.
Cons: None.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
Farmer Dell

CUB Farmall
Farmall Cub Keeps On Kicking
Model Year: 1953

I had restored a small tractor the year before my brother found my Farmall Cub at a local flee market. I purchased it sight unseen, but heard it run on my cellphone, and received a couple photos. My brother who is in medicine; thought it ran and looked good. I was a marine engineer, figured I could make any problem right, so I pulled the trigger. Turns out it is one of the best purchases I ever made! The head was rebuilt, and she runs extremely smoothly. Starts every time, and operates with little effort even for the amateur tractor operator. I have worked on old equipment for years, and in my opinion this has to be one of the finest tractors ever produced, just upkeep this workhorse and she'll keep on tick-in!

Pros: Reliability, low maintenance.
Cons: Attachments & parts you must hunt for a good deal on.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
rrcookus

CUB Farmall
Restore 1949 Farmall Cub
Model Year: 1949

See pics.

Pros: Great small utility tractor.
Cons: None.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
Jeshma321

CUB Farmall
1949 Farmall Cub with Mower and Blade
Model Year: 1949

I have always wanted a cub and finally got one. I bought it to mow with, but have found myself restoring it. I am about half way through restoration and not sure I want to get it dirty. But that's what its for.

Pros: Easy to work, simple, fun to drive.
Cons: Hard to get parts.

[ad placeholder]

Farmall CUB Owner Pages

View owner pages to see photos, customization and comments about member-owner Farmall CUBs
No results found.

Farmall CUB Community Rankings

#27 user rating of 679 Vintage Tractors items
#180 Viewed of 679 Vintage Tractors items
#2 discussed of 679 Vintage Tractors items
#579 user rating of 27027 items overall
#2454 Viewed of 27027 items overall
#61 discussed of 27027 items overall
#7 Ranking of Most-OwnerPages in 27027 items overall