Ford-New Holland 1920 4.60 star(s) (8)

Information, reviews, photos, discussion topics, owner pages, and specifications about the Ford-New Holland 1920.
25-50 HP Tractors

About the Ford-New Holland 1920

Ford-New Holland 1920 Discussions (0)

Here are the most recent 1920 topics from our community.
No discussions tagged.
[ad placeholder]

User Reviews (8)

Read what TractorByNet members think about the Ford-New Holland 1920 Subcompact Tractor
75 %
13 %
13 %
0 %
0 %
5.00 star(s)
moreywheels

1920 Ford-New Holland
Very Happy with Tractor
Model Year: 1994

When purchasing, I looked at New Holland and John Deere. At the time I felt the New Holland model 1920 was better built and a better value. No regrets on my decision. The John Deere line I consider to be a great tractor also.

Pros: Great tractor.
Cons: None.

4.00 star(s)
itchy2

1920 Ford-New Holland
Ford/New Holland 1920 MFWD
Model Year: 1992

I really like the size of the tractor just wish it had a little more PTO hp. I bought it from an individual and it was in great shape. Came with a FEL which is 5 ft. wide. Would be nice if it was 6 ft. sometimes so it was wider than the tire widths. Starts great on cold days. I really like the synchronized shuttle shift on the left side of the steering column for loader work. I just wish it had auxiliary hydraulics on the back. Didn't come with them and it costs so much it's about worth it buy bigger tractor.

Pros: Size, reliability, cold starting, transmission, cost, and fuel economy.
Cons: No auxiliary hydraulics, needs rear 3 pt control, 5 ft. bucket.

5.00 star(s)
Cougarrrgt

1920 Ford-New Holland
Ford 1920 4 cyl Diesel
Model Year: 1991

This tractor is perfect for my needs... brush hogging, 6 foot pto tiller, front end loader. I started out with a Ford 1720 because that is all I could afford at the time, but it just didn't have enough power to move dirt. What a difference the 1920 makes. Bigger, heavier, stronger, I love this tractor. They also hold their value well. They are just not making them this good anymore. One reason is the new EPA requirements and not having a 4 cylinder engine for the same power. My 1720 was rated at 28 hp and the 1920 is rated at 32 hp. The difference is night and day. You wouldn't think that 4 hp would make that big of a difference, but the 1920 is bigger frame, extra cylinder for the engine and even though the front end loader is the same size, it works twice as well as it did on the 1720. I seriously considered the 2120 but too much more expensive and I didn't need the additional power/size/weight, of course I didn't realize that until I bought the 1920 but I am sure glad I got the 1920.

Pros: Easy to work on, power, starts in cold weather without glow plugs.
Cons: Can't complain about anything.

5.00 star(s)
itchy2

1920 Ford-New Holland
Ford/NH 1920
Model Year: 1998

I bought the 1920 used to grade roads and move snow mainly. It came with a FEL, and box scraper. It has the 12x12 shuttle shift transmission. The shuttle shift on the left side of the steering column is great for loader work. I use it for mowing and raking hay, hauling manure, ditch work, harrowing pasture, and my brother that farms several hundred acres uses it to harrow hay fields and used it to plant 40 acres of alfalfa this year. He has bigger tractors but this is so fuel efficient in comparison that he really likes it too. I've been really pleased with it. It has the MFWD and that works great too. Probably the only thing I would like it to do better is to have higher volume flows on the hydraulics. It's really not bad though. I've been looking at Mahindras because they are quite a bit heavier and higher capacity hydraulics but I probably won't do anything unless I find a heck of a deal.

Pros: MFWD, shuttle shift, cold starting ease, versatility.
Cons: No auxiliary hydraulics on the back.

3.00 star(s)
big lar

1920 Ford-New Holland
Rust Bucket
Model Year: 1988

My 1920 is a good all around tractor but the fenders and rear rims rusted out after 20 years. Always stored under cover; never used at all in the winters. Very disappointed in that. Dealer says it was characteristic for the tractor around those years. A lot of expense to have them all redone; but the little tractor is a work horse; mowed and baled a lot of hay in its day.

Pros: Small, compact, plenty of power.
Cons: Rusted fenders and rear rims.

5.00 star(s)
outdoorsman538

1920 Ford-New Holland
Heavy Duty No Frills Tractor
Model Year: 2000

I considered the Kubota L3130 or New Holland 1920, found the 1920 that needed a clutch housing but paid only $5,500. After replacing that I have a great tractor for under $6500.00.

Pros: Good power to weight ratio, good resale value.
Cons: Parts seem pricey.

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

1920 Ford-New Holland
Ford/New Holland 1920: 4WD, Bush Hog, FEL
Model Year: 1998

Simple tractor to operate. Strong hydraulics. Nimble enough to work in tight spaces. Replaced dual clutch at purchase time (580 hours). Previous owner rode clutch out. Electrical wiring can cause problems with starting and safeties. Very strong tractor in all aspects.

Pros: 32 HP Shibaura 4-cyl diesel engine.
Cons: One step below farm size tractor.

5.00 star(s)
tjtulsa71

1920 Ford-New Holland
Ford 1920 4x4 Loader
Model Year: 1997

This has been a great dependable tractor. With 4x4, the tractor works like a 50 horsepower tractor with plenty of power. It pulls a 5-foot brush hog as fast as you want to drive and can handle a 6-foot with no problem. At 2,200 hours, I am going to have to start spending some money on leaking seals and rebuilding bucket cylinders, but the tractor has been used pretty hard.

Pros: Powerful, reliable, simple to operate and maintain, maneuverable
Cons: Too small for a farm tracto

[ad placeholder]

Ford-New Holland 1920 Owner Pages

View owner pages to see photos, customization and comments about member-owner Ford-New Holland 1920s

Ford-New Holland 1920 Community Rankings

#362 user rating of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#277 Viewed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#32 discussed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#933 user rating of 27027 items overall
#888 Viewed of 27027 items overall
#62 discussed of 27027 items overall
#7 Ranking of Most-OwnerPages in 27027 items overall