Gravely MODELL 4.00 star(s) (3)

Information, reviews, photos, discussion topics, owner pages, and specifications about the Gravely MODELL.
Lawn & Garden Tractors
1704757183.jpg

About the Gravely MODELL

Gravely MODELL Discussions (0)

Here are the most recent MODELL topics from our community.
No discussions tagged.
[ad placeholder]

User Reviews (3)

Read what TractorByNet members think about the Gravely MODELL Subcompact Tractor
33 %
33 %
33 %
0 %
0 %
4.00 star(s)
lkj

MODELL Gravely
Gravely L8
Model Year: 0

I've owned #3 Gravely Tractor in the past 2 years and I find that it's the best on the market. I restored all #3 that I have and sand-blasted all of them went through the motor with new parts and start on first or second pull.

Pros: Time consuming.
Cons: Finding parts for something of age.

Photo Uploads:

3.00 star(s)
DP907

MODELL Gravely
Gravley L
Model Year: 0

I inherited a Convertible Custom from my father. He purchased it used in 1972 from a dealer who told him it was a "demo unit". I feel it might be a '50's or '60's model. It has the optional electric start and a governor added. It is a rugged unit. Also, I have to file or replace the points in the magneto every time I use it. My only complaint is I wish my father spent an extra $300 and purchased a new Convertible Custom Swift-a-Matic. It would make life a lot easier for me. Attachments: I have the rotary plow, snowblower, 30 inch rotary mower, and a tool cultivator.

Pros: Rugged unit, dependable.
Cons: I would not recommend it for a small frame person. It can be a chore to handle at times. I have to file or replace the points in the magneto every time I use it. When using the rotary plow, in high gear, the tractor lacks the power to do an efficient job. In low gear, the dirt falls back in the furrow.

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

MODELL Gravely
Bring Them Back
Model Year: 1968

Gravely Tractor is nothing like its origins. It was truly one of a kind, the most rugged machine ever built. Especially the "L" matched up with a 30-inch deck, it could mow just about anything. All the machines built today will never match up to the old "L." I see highway departments trying mow median strips and killing any machine they attempt to use. It's too bad Gravely wouldn't bring back the "L" and match it up with an engine like a Wisconsin, not the Koller which really had no guts.

Pros: Can't kill it
Cons: They won't build it

[ad placeholder]

Gravely MODELL Owner Pages

View owner pages to see photos, customization and comments about member-owner Gravely MODELLs

Gravely MODELL Community Rankings

#196 user rating of 5572 Lawn & Garden Tractors items
#365 Viewed of 5572 Lawn & Garden Tractors items
#5 discussed of 5572 Lawn & Garden Tractors items
#1380 user rating of 27027 items overall
#2105 Viewed of 27027 items overall
#61 discussed of 27027 items overall
#7 Ranking of Most-OwnerPages in 27027 items overall