Mahindra 2816 4.70 star(s) (17)

Information, reviews, photos, discussion topics, owner pages, and specifications about the Mahindra 2816.
25-50 HP Tractors
1704761709 (1).jpg

About the Mahindra 2816

Mahindra 2816 Discussions (0)

Here are the most recent 2816 topics from our community.
No discussions tagged.
[ad placeholder]

User Reviews (17)

Read what TractorByNet members think about the Mahindra 2816 Subcompact Tractor
76 %
18 %
6 %
0 %
0 %
5.00 star(s)
StanR

2816 Mahindra
LOVE MY MAHINDRA
Model Year: 2010

I did a lot of research on the web before I bought. I chose the Mahrindra because of price and features. So far I am very please. It is a compact tractor and I know it's limits. So far not one issue. I think I have a great looking tractor!

Pros: Price features.
Cons: If I had the funds I would have gotten a larger tractor.

5.00 star(s)
VroomVroom

2816 Mahindra
Mahindra hst 2816

I bought this tractor for landscaping, work around the garage, and my small garden. I have the backhoe and front loader. This is a great tractor. I looked at a couple different brands in the same category and this one looked the strongest. It works really well.

Pros: Larger then other models in same category, but still compact.
Cons: Sometimes I wish I had a bigger tractor, but even then you would want a bigger tractor!

5.00 star(s)
RedRock

2816 Mahindra
Good Start

Very happy so far, had to better understand operation of diff lock, but other than that, meeting and exceeding expectations.

Pros: Versatile value.
Cons: Red paint fading fast.

5.00 star(s)
jkf398

2816 Mahindra
Versatile and Strong!
Model Year: 2009

When we bought our 17-acre 'weekend place', I knew I'd need a reliable tractor for mowing, dirt shoving, and load carrying. The 2816 "Gear" has done everything I've ever asked of it. It is built cast-iron strong, and while it's not quite as sleek as the comparable John Deere, it cost about 20% less and can do more with its larger engine and heavier frame. It's a highly maneuverable mowing tractor and the loader is very capable and very easy to use.

Pros: It's built heavy and strong, is easy to maintain, very ergonomic, and has a great front-end loader
Cons: It's not as 'streamlined' as a John Deere. I should have bought the 'quick change' attachment for the mower deck.

Photo Uploads:

3.00 star(s)
RC Straight

2816 Mahindra
From Mitsubishi to Mahindra

My last small tractor was a Mitsu MT180 HD no FEL. Had it for, I think, 26 yrs. Good tractor. I bought the 2816 as a little step up in power, size and versatility. It is a Mitsubishi also. After 100 hrs I've come to dislike the Carlisle industrial tires, the slightest wheelspin crumbles tread at the leading edge center of the lugs. Wet conditions, mud, snow, loose gravel leave the tractor less than optimally useful. I guess I should have gotten the ag tires. My mistake, probably expensive. All four tires are crumbling. I guess it is just a disappointingly cheap compound. Probably would be good for soft grass on nice days but as for doing work... don't buy 'em. Is this Mahindra's fault? I don't know. They spec'd them and I unfortunately bought them. Carlisle would replace them but... Well, you get a tractor to the tire store and etc. Still costs a bundle. The loader does not appear to have a working "regen" position. After phone discussions with dealer and factory rep they decided I don't really have a problem and if I do I can trail the tractor 50 miles or take the valve off (no swivels at valve end of pressure and tank hoses so you have to remove them at the pump... oil drain,) or otherwise bring the valve to the dealer and they'll be glad to "take a look at it." End result... no noticeable regen. I don't really know if is there or not but hope there are no long-term ramifications of its lack. By the way, the factory customer service rep told me the valve, a Cross is a "no feel" valve. They do that so "the first time tractor buyer won't get confused by it. Speaking of "Loaders" what a load that is. The tractor is light, I haven't weighed it but I suspect the 2315# published weight includes the loader. It starts and runs great. The overheating problem of the earlier Mitsubishi is well solved with no over heat when brush hogging. The fan really moves air and the radiator is good. As a matter of fact it is almost difficult to keep the engine up to heat. My machine is a "gear" and the gearing is adequate. Oil filters are a bit of problem because but there is a Fram/Carquest etc cross-over available but it is shorter and probably not as good as the Korean filter that is OEM. I think the machine has quite a bit less plastic stuff to break than some tractors so that is good. It seem simple so that is good. The dealer; Brautigam, in Union, Mo, seems to be a decent guy. Overall it is a good useful tractor. The main complaint is the tires and the lack of traction caused by them. I will put fluid in them when I can get the fluid and the day it will probably take to fill them. I figure about 30 gals each tire. Will or won't windshield washer fluid rust tubeless rims? Again... if you really want to do work with the tractor, the Carlisle Industrials unfortunately are not up to the job. RC Straight

Pros: Enough power, easy and economical to run.
Cons: Inadequate tires and slow, slow dump loader dump.

5.00 star(s)
LotsofGreenGrass

2816 Mahindra
Best bang for the buck!
Model Year: 2009

I knew nothing about this company. I kept running in to posts where owners really like their Mahindra's. This is really a Mitsubishi. I think this is the best performing tractor in its price range. There is a reason that JD offers incentives for Mahindra owners specifically to trade in their tractors!

Pros: Heavy, starts easily, & powerful.
Cons: Gas tank is up a bit high. Would like exhaust a little lowe on frame.

5.00 star(s)
MrWinkey

2816 Mahindra
Mahindra 2816 HST

Great little tractor. Dealer was helpful and has been around for a few years. I mostly use for clearing snow in winter and mowing in the summer. It has no problem running the 5' brush hog in grass over 6' tall. Can mow all day long and not use all the fuel in the tank. It also gets used for tons of small projects. Built a retaining wall with it and re-ditched the driveway already. Wired in several lights onto the sunshade for night plowing/mowing. Overall a great lil tractor that started even in the -10 degree winter days.

Pros: Great value for the $$. Good fuel consumption.
Cons: Only option for 1 rear remote. Only front headlights no aux lights.

Photo Uploads:

4.00 star(s)
papa51

2816 Mahindra
Mahindra 2816

I bought this tractor to replace an old Ford 8N. I use the tractor to manage a 5 acre homestead and 200+ acres of leased land. I have been very impressed with the power and function of this tractor. The controls are well situated and the tractor is "comfortable". One issue, when I bought the tractor it had 228 hours on it. It now has aprox. 280 hours and I'm having an electrical cranking issue. I think it's the starter / solenoid but the jury is still out. I think the hour count is low to be having this type problem and hope it's just a fluke. Overall, at this point in time I would have no qualms recommending the tractor to someone.

Pros: Power, maneuverability, ergonomics, comfort.
Cons: Having starter problems at 280 hours.

5.00 star(s)
cobbler

2816 Mahindra
Clutch

Clutch problems.

Pros: Dependable
Cons: Some parts too light.

4.00 star(s)
Tractor buster

2816 Mahindra
Mahindra 2816
Model Year: 2008

I am quite happy with my Mahindra. It well built and reliable with the only problems being ones that I brought on myself such as using old fuel in winter and having it freeze up. The FEL bucket is a little on the light weight side and will bend if you abuse it too much. That means I should not have lifted a huge pine stump and root ball with the bucket instead of pushing it. The bulk of my usage is cutting grass and plowing snow and it is doing a good job. I would buy another one!

Pros: Reliable.
Cons: No hydraulic remote.

Photo Uploads:

[ad placeholder]

Mahindra 2816 Owner Pages

View owner pages to see photos, customization and comments about member-owner Mahindra 2816s

Mahindra 2816 Community Rankings

#302 user rating of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#203 Viewed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#31 discussed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#788 user rating of 27027 items overall
#706 Viewed of 27027 items overall
#61 discussed of 27027 items overall
#7 Ranking of Most-OwnerPages in 27027 items overall