Mahindra MAHINDRA2615 4.80 star(s) (29)

Information, reviews, photos, discussion topics, owner pages, and specifications about the Mahindra MAHINDRA2615.
25-50 HP Tractors
1704761626.jpg

About the Mahindra MAHINDRA2615

Mahindra MAHINDRA2615 Discussions (0)

Here are the most recent MAHINDRA2615 topics from our community.
No discussions tagged.
[ad placeholder]

User Reviews (29)

Read what TractorByNet members think about the Mahindra MAHINDRA2615 Subcompact Tractor
79 %
17 %
3 %
0 %
0 %
5.00 star(s)
mbohuntr

MAHINDRA2615 Mahindra
Very Good Tractor.
Model Year: 2008

I grew up on a farm, and have used 2n's, 8n's ,J. Deere A and B series, 60 series and Massey Harris. This is a well built and thought out machine. I really don't put hard hours on tractors anymore, just snow removal and brush hogging. I would recommend it to everyone!

Pros: Nimble and powerful
Cons: ROPS is a pain to adjust for a garage door.

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

MAHINDRA2615 Mahindra
2615 Gear
Model Year: 2006

I bought my 2615 gear early in 2007, and I believe it was a left over 06 at the time. I had gotten to know the local dealer through my course of employment. I was going to buy a smaller tractor and he took the time and showed me the difference between the two. I decided on the 2615 gear. I am glad I did. It has done everything I have thrown at it from filling ditches to plowing heavy snow. I did have a few small issues with the tractor, that were taken care of immediately by the dealer all under warranty. The first was a minor valve adjustment after break in, approx 70 hrs. The second was just recent, a hydraulic pump whine, and of course the glow plugs, at approx. 200 hrs. The tractor now has 300 hours on it and runs fine. I would buy another Mahindra without worry.

Pros: Price, Reliability, Performance
Cons: Parts pricing, Filters

4.00 star(s)
JFG

MAHINDRA2615 Mahindra
Mahindra 2615HST

Great Tractor! What a back saver. Accessories are Loader, Backhoe, Gannon, Posthole digger. Much easier to operate and generally faster than the cumbersome 1976 2WD Ford backhoe I was borrowing and getting stuck on the hills when it rained. I was worried when I was buying the tractor that it would be to light and underpowered, happily the Mahindra/Mitsubishi has all of the capability I need and I am glad I didn’t buy a larger tractor. Many times I have been glad I could just squeeze into a tight spot. Plenty of power and weight to get the job done. The dealer loaded the tires for more traction. I am very happy with the hydrostat, very easy to operate especially for loader work. Had some problems Initially the backhoe had a large chip from machining in the valve body that caused the swing valve to stick open and the hoe to swing all the way to one side. It was an easy fix and the dealer reimbursed the repair. Heavy loader use loosens the bolts that tie the frame to the engine (even with high strength loctite applied). I have the bolts marked with paint now so I can tell if they have loosened. Hydraulic banjo fittings under the tractor were not tight and started leaking, since tightening they have not leaked since. After a couple of years starting got hard, found 2 bad glow plugs. Ordered 3 new plugs and they lasted 2 months before they failed. I found that the glow plugs are only 8 volt and the glow plug circuit provides full battery voltage ~10.5 volts while cranking. I found on the Tractorbynet forums a suggestion that Champion had a 10.5 volt glow plug that others have used. I found a cross reference from the Champion part to a Durite part number. Ordered the Durite from England the cost for the Durite plugs was half the price of the original NGK’s even with shipping included. The tractor starts like new, now starting almost instantly in freezing temps. It never started well below 20 degrees so I added a heater hose heater. The tractor seat fabric failed after three years in the sun. The plastic laminated part of the dash is coming apart. No problem just looks ugly. The tractor build quality (Mitsubishi) is clearly higher than what I understand is an American built hoe and loader (Mahindra parts). The Hoe and loader work well but the paint is turning pink were the tractor color is staying red. The hoe has some poorly located grease fittings that get broken off. I wish it was quieter for the operator. It is a little loud for the operator but is very unobtrusive to observers. Please don’t take my detailing of some problems as buyer’s remorse. The only mistake I made in selecting this tractor was not buying it sooner.

Pros: Works great!
Cons: Some quality control problems, Glow plugs seem to be improperly spec'd

5.00 star(s)
H3hound

MAHINDRA2615 Mahindra
2615 Mahindra
Model Year: 2005

Purchase this tractor with the FEL and a 6ft finish mower. Mowing is its primary job. There is plenty of power for the mower although fuel consumption goes up significantly - as expected. Good turning and easy steering. The FEL with this unit works well and I have an added tooth bar for digging. Since I mostly mow, I do not have the tires filled. This makes some FEL work, like rock moving, challenging. The tractor stays in a covered area for storage and has held up well. No seat tears or faded paint. I have lost one headlight lens and busted the coolant drain cock while clearing brush. My fault and no big deal. Two issues I have are that I have had to scrape and repaint the battery area because of some galvanic type corrosion. Easy fix really. Secondly, I am beginning to experience hard range selector shifting. I haven't investigated causes yet. Bottom line is that I love this thing and its a real time saver/waster ;o)

Pros: Power, reliability, size, transmission
Cons: Battery area, Range seleto

5.00 star(s)
DigginJB

MAHINDRA2615 Mahindra
WorkHorse
Model Year: 2004

This 2615 HST with loader & 3710 backhoe has turned out to be very capable and much more versatile than would be imagined. The Mitsubishi running gear and USA components/assembly have turned out to be a winning combination which the 100% imports can't even come close to in power & quality, at a very competetive price. Only a couple of relatively minor service issues have come up, most notably the need to REPLACE the BH swing chain 5/16 anchor-mount bolts annually (KMW & MUSA did not publicly reveal their internal TSB addressing that issue.) This mid-weight class machine has proven to be a true heavy-weight performer, doing many tasks you'd expect to need a commercial HD rig for. The HST turned out to be a very worthwhile option, has really helped. Also worth mentioning is the Variable Concepts BMT toothbar for the loader bucket - www.toothbar.info - should be a factory option!

Pros: High Performance & weight ratio to low price = sturdy
Cons: only that the 3215 was introduced next & the extra raw rower would be nice...

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
Exscriptor

MAHINDRA2615 Mahindra
2615 - Great Choice
Model Year: 2005

At 400+ hours, my 2615 has not been in the shop for either warranty or repairs. I service it myself and have had no difficulty. HST, FEL, 4wd. I maintain 15 acres, am constantly doing landscaping, building stone walls, mowing etc. So far it has handled the chores very well. I settled on Mahindra after comparing other tractor brands and bought because of value and durability. Would do it again. 4wd is a must if you do other than mowing.Recently added rear hydraulics with no problem.

Pros: Tough workhorse
Cons: none

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

MAHINDRA2615 Mahindra
Best of the choices...

I looked and looked...at John Deere, Kubota, etc. But I kept going back to Mahindra. And I'm glad I did. The dealer is terrific...support ALWAYS available. (And that's very important!)

Pros: Sturdy product, great features, terrific dealer
Cons: I could only afford a model that was underpowered for my needs.

5.00 star(s)
furnitureguy

MAHINDRA2615 Mahindra
Mahindra 2615
Model Year: 2008

Really sweet tractor for the money and good financing. A couple of extremely small oil seeps that a minute with a socket fixed. Biggest problem was that the dash board plastic sticker like things are coming off. No big deal it's a tractor. I like that it is a pretty basic tractor that I can easily do routine maintenance on and doesn't have a lot of electronics to get weird.

Pros: price, build quality, good dealer and a lot of tractor for the money
Cons: paint on loader and no quick attach bucket standard

5.00 star(s)
matt701

MAHINDRA2615 Mahindra
Love my RED Tractor
Model Year: 2007

I've put 184 hours on it and only had one issue with it being a bent linkage causing the rear brakes to stick. This was my own fault as I use it for processing firewood and have it in the woods a lot. I also live in the lake snow area of upstate NY and have a 6' blower on the back. I can actually snowblow full speed in reverse in high gear if we have only 5-6" which is nice having a 600' driveway. I like how tough it is and how the hood is metal unlike some of the other compacts. I've dropped a log across the loader frame and just banged the dent out with a hammer. I had a bad experience with my dealer and I expected that from opinion of other customers (friends) but I knew I wouldn't need him much once I bought the tractor because they are very reliable. I take care of 27 acres and have used many implements on it and it always surprises me.

Pros: Durability, price, financing
Cons: My local deale

5.00 star(s)
stiffwindpsr

MAHINDRA2615 Mahindra
2615 review @ 300hrs

I've been very pleased so far with the 2615. I use it mainly for mowing 3 acres with 72" fm. I've planted several foodplots with it using a 5' disc and a broadcast spreader. It handles a 5'bushhog great as well. So far, zero issues with the tractor. I added a weight to the front and that helped with traction when plowing. It rides a little rough due to the short wheelbase but that's just part of a small tractor. Shuttle shift and 2 stage clutch are nice to have. No regrets so far, I highly recommend the 2615 4x4.

Pros: great value and durable
Cons: rides rough

[ad placeholder]

Mahindra MAHINDRA2615 Owner Pages

View owner pages to see photos, customization and comments about member-owner Mahindra MAHINDRA2615s

Mahindra MAHINDRA2615 Community Rankings

#234 user rating of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#441 Viewed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#31 discussed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#638 user rating of 27027 items overall
#1319 Viewed of 27027 items overall
#61 discussed of 27027 items overall
#7 Ranking of Most-OwnerPages in 27027 items overall