Mahindra MAX25HST 4.50 star(s) (19)

Information, reviews, photos, discussion topics, owner pages, and specifications about the Mahindra MAX25HST.
Subcompact Tractors
1704761709.jpg

About the Mahindra MAX25HST

Mahindra MAX25HST Discussions (0)

Here are the most recent MAX25HST topics from our community.
No discussions tagged.
[ad placeholder]

User Reviews (19)

Read what TractorByNet members think about the Mahindra MAX25HST Subcompact Tractor
84 %
0 %
5 %
0 %
11 %
5.00 star(s)
Mitymouse

MAX25HST Mahindra
Great Machine
Model Year: 2012

I have nothing but good things to say about the Max 25 so far. I purchased the FEL with toothbar, 60" MMM and had the rear tires filled with rim guard. It mows very well with a nice professional look. The tractor has plenty of power to mow in high range. The loader works very well also so far. I haven't done any serious work with the loader yet, but initial impressions are very good. The only negative comment I have is that at first I didn't care for the heel/toe arrangement of the HST pedal but after getting used to it I actually find it quite comfortable now. For its size it very maneuverable and stable. With the rear tires filled the stability is quite impressive. Even with all of the rain we have had lately the industrial tires don't tear up the yard. It is very easy to remove/install the FEL and MMMM. At first I thought I would just leave the FEL on but after learning how easy it is to remove and reinstall, I only put it on when I need it now. The MMM is equally easy to remove and reinstall.

Pros: Maneuverability, performance, mowing quality.
Cons: None so far.

5.00 star(s)
Pitch1

MAX25HST Mahindra
Maxx 25

I needed a tractor to replace an 8N and a Husqvarna lawn tractor. The 25 seems to be doing the job quite well. High range is not good for much besides transport and mowing, while low range is used for every thing else. I have the turf tires and on soft ground in 4wd there is still a bit of tearing of the sod. The only real complaint I have is that to check the engine oil you need to remove the side cover. Seems as though Mahindra could have spec'ed a longer tube and dipstick from Mitsubishi. I am happy that the Titan tires and wheels along with the Fel and MMM are USA made. All in all I am happy with my decision although in my case being a compromise it won't do all things as well as the machines it replaced.

Pros: Small and maneuverable.
Cons: Dip stick hard to use.

5.00 star(s)
BigJoeA

MAX25HST Mahindra
Mahindra Max 25
Model Year: 2013

Greetings All, I love my Mahindra. The machine seems to work very well. It starts easily even when cold. I have a 54 inch blizzard rear mount blower that also works very well. I also have the MB60A backhoe that does everything I have asked it to do. Finally the front end loader also seems to work well.

Pros: Good power at a reasonable cost, strong local dealer.
Cons: More ground clearance.

5.00 star(s)
showme

MAX25HST Mahindra
Max 25 HST

Seems to be a well built tractor. Lots of traction and power. It turns pretty sharply. Using the brakes individually is difficult since the right foot applies the brake and controls the tractor speed. You must engage the speed control then use your right foot to control the tractor speed. You must disengage the speed control manually (can't just bump the brake). This is a bit of safety issue. The dealer has taken the tractor and mid-mower back to his shop the see if he can adjust the the deck so it will raise higher than approximately 2.5 inches. Manual says it should raise to 4.5 inches.

Pros: Well built.
Cons: Engine is mounted with radiator in front of engine so heated air is blown back on driver. Better design is with radiator behind engine so air pulled past the driver and then through the radiator.

5.00 star(s)
flyboy65

MAX25HST Mahindra
Mahindra Max 25

Can't say enough good about my little tractor. Even friends and neighbors after seeing it work are amazed. Now this is a 25 hp tractor don't expect it to do the work of a 30 or 40 hp. But use it as such and you will be amazed also.

Pros: All.
Cons: None.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
jmoulton

MAX25HST Mahindra
JRM

Outstanding tractor. Built strong and heavy for a sub-compact tractor. Weighs more then 300 lbs more then the Kubota B2630. Also cost much less then the Kubota B2630. Really like the 3pt Hitch position control. This feature is the reason for my buying it. Plenty of HP for the tractor size. Pulling a 4' bushhog mowing 3' to 4' grass and weeds at 3.5 to 4 mph. Probably could pull a 5' bushhog. Nothing cheap about this tractor. Well built.

Pros: 3pt hitch position control. Weight. Operator control ergonomics. Plenty of leg room and wide enough for my big body. Quiet running.
Cons: Can't think of any.

5.00 star(s)
jimpen

MAX25HST Mahindra
Close Enough That I Didn't Make a Mistake

Let me start by saying this is the first real tractor I have owned. I used some of my neighbors, but that has only been an hour or two each to bush hog in the past. So I went to the dealership because they were having a Kubota weekend. They also started selling Mahindra's this year. I had tried to buy a Mahindra in the past but the financing fell through. But I knew they were dependable, but less costly. The new Mahindra financing is also great. I bought the Max 25 with FEL, MMM, and backhoe. Delivery was smooth. They showed me the pertinent functions and such. They left and then I started trying to mow about two foot high grass with the MMM as high as it would go. I had actually done something way back when with an MTD piece of junk and it worked fine. So when I was calling the dealership thirty minutes later because the tractor wouldn't move I was very ticked off. From what I can tell when the tractor was assembled they didn't run the hydraulic lines above the shields that protect them. They dealership let me think it was my fault for running the deck high. The dealership is on my permanent ___ list for that. Granted that the dealership did loan me a bush hog to wipe out the worst of the tall stuff for the Memorial day weekend. That is also why I'm giving the build a 4 star rating. I keep the FEL permanently mounted for now just because of the amount of stuff that I run into on my property and want to carry back. I am definitely considering a pair of forks because of how much stuff is over width for the bucket. The MMM is doing a great job now. I do keep a can of red rust resistant spray paint on hand just from the fact that I have enough stuff on my property that scratches the paint on the deck. I dropped it last week for the winter season snow removal. That was the first time. Not really that hard, but make sure you have some 2x6 boards to make it easier. As for the backhoe it has been working well. There have been moments that it had a bigger bucket and reach, but that is whining because my none of my neighbors even have one. Since I don't have any 3PH attachments I just run the turnbuckles up to the rear lift arms when the back hoe isn't attached. I did lose one of the turnbuckles while mowing. After paying $50+ for the replacement I have painted them fluorescent orange. I will also do that to anything else that might come loose. I am considering a light bar on the front grill shield just because I plan on using the FEL to move snow. Ohio the sun goes down early. The built in headlights get blocked by the FEL. If I am working to clear snow in the evening I will need better lights. I am also thinking bout rear mounted lights as well.

Pros: Quality for the price, great for a small tractor.
Cons: None that I can really think of.

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

MAX25HST Mahindra
Love This Tractor

I've had my Max 25 for a couple of weeks now. I absolutely love it. I bought it with loader, 60" belly mower and 56" front mount snowblower as well as the backhoe. The backhoe was being installed yesterday and I should have it back tomorrow morning, very exciting! So far, I've gotten good use of the mower and the loader and both are very well performing. I'm hopeful the snowblower and backhoe perform just as well. This tractor is solid construction great build quality. The plastic part around the PTO levers is really cheap feeling, but otherwise this tractor is mint!

Pros: Solid workhorse, well designed, powerful for it's size.
Cons: No cup holder.

5.00 star(s)
Shift4200

MAX25HST Mahindra
So Far So Good

Very few hours on my Max so far, but I can easily say it's done every thing I've tossed at it. Plenty of power for pulling, digging, moving. The MMM is wicked blows clippings 100ft easily. Industrial tires are easy on the turf, but offer great traction, even in snow. My max is still young, but like I said above... so far so good.

Pros: What's not to love?
Cons: Where's the cup holder? Could use a lil' more leg room.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
chasgreen55

MAX25HST Mahindra
Mahindra Max 25

Great tractor. Best warranty in the business. It does everything I have tried with it, and has not let me down.

Pros: Lots of power.
Cons: None yet.

Photo Uploads:

[ad placeholder]

Mahindra MAX25HST Owner Pages

View owner pages to see photos, customization and comments about member-owner Mahindra MAX25HSTs

Mahindra MAX25HST Community Rankings

#31 user rating of 70 Subcompact Tractors items
#39 Viewed of 70 Subcompact Tractors items
#12 discussed of 70 Subcompact Tractors items
#999 user rating of 27027 items overall
#1308 Viewed of 27027 items overall
#62 discussed of 27027 items overall
#7 Ranking of Most-OwnerPages in 27027 items overall