Massey Ferguson 1240 4.20 star(s) (5)

Information, reviews, photos, discussion topics, owner pages, and specifications about the Massey Ferguson 1240.
25-50 HP Tractors

About the Massey Ferguson 1240

Massey Ferguson 1240 Discussions (0)

Here are the most recent 1240 topics from our community.
No discussions tagged.
[ad placeholder]

User Reviews (5)

Read what TractorByNet members think about the Massey Ferguson 1240 Subcompact Tractor
40 %
40 %
20 %
0 %
0 %
4.00 star(s)
dalefair

1240 Massey Ferguson
Massey 1240 Compact Tractor
Model Year: 1996

I've had this tractor for many a year. Maintenance is relatively easy and this tractor performs well. I’ve used it for mowing, snow removal, and basic landscape work. Only problems to date have been glow plugs, rpm/mph gauge and fuel line inlet to the fuel filter. One area of weakness is the radiator and the ease of cleaning it, as I found it gets clogged easily and causes the tractor to overheat.

Pros: Small easy to operate.
Cons: Low on power.

4.00 star(s)
Streak

1240 Massey Ferguson
Massey1240 Compact Tractor
Model Year: 2000

I haven't had this machine very long yet, but it seems to be a nice solid little tractor.I only intend to use it for misc. yard tasks, re-doing the occasional driveway, and a bit of heavy lifting, so I expect it to last a good long time. Might be nice if it had just a tiny bit more power, but the three cyl. diesel seems to be able to do the job. So far NO issues, other than having to replace the FEL valve on the loader. Loader is a bit older than the tractor, so expect it to not be perfect. Anyway, so far so good. Got a great deal on it, and it seems to be able to handle anything I may need it for.

Pros: None.
Cons: None.

5.00 star(s)
superhd

1240 Massey Ferguson
Model Year: 1999

Good tractor for its size. Watch front end if you have a bucket. Can't complain on the unit. Just wish I had a bigger one for the work I do on road.

Pros: Good for the size.
Cons: Needs more power for the hyd.

5.00 star(s)
Venturabass

1240 Massey Ferguson
Massey Ferguson 1240 Compact Tractor
Model Year: 1997

I've had this tractor with the MF 1246 front end loader and Woods BH7500 backhoe for about 4 years now. I purchased it used 2nd owner from a Massey Ferguson dealer. It's performed very well in a variety of tasks such as: - Moving and spreading manure, loam, gravel, and even

Pros: Easy to maintain, good power, very reliable
Cons: Hydraulic speed, only because I'm envious of newer models. The speed is typical for its era in my opinion.

3.00 star(s)
smittyd

1240 Massey Ferguson
1240 4x4
Model Year: 2000

There was a pinched seal in the transmission. I didn't use the tractor a lot and warranty ran out. One month after, all fluids leaked into the hydo and the company wouldn't fix it, even when the mechanic stated that it was done at the factory. The gears that hold the power take-off in gear weren't hardened steel and have worn out, so it wouldn't stay in power take-off, which is a major repair and replacement. I use this to maintain a small property and some plots on my hunting lease. The quality of service from Massey leaves me with a bad taste and if they gave me a free unit I wouldn't take it after all I have endured from there customer service..... I'll have this unit from now on but would never recommend anyone purchase any thing from them.

Pros: Decent horsepower for the tractor size
Cons: Company does not stand behind product

[ad placeholder]

Massey Ferguson 1240 Owner Pages

View owner pages to see photos, customization and comments about member-owner Massey Ferguson 1240s

Massey Ferguson 1240 Community Rankings

#526 user rating of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#274 Viewed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#31 discussed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#1338 user rating of 27027 items overall
#885 Viewed of 27027 items overall
#61 discussed of 27027 items overall
#7 Ranking of Most-OwnerPages in 27027 items overall