Massey Ferguson 1428V 4.50 star(s) (11)

Information, reviews, photos, discussion topics, owner pages, and specifications about the Massey Ferguson 1428V.
25-50 HP Tractors
1704758856.jpg

About the Massey Ferguson 1428V

Massey Ferguson 1428V Discussions (0)

Here are the most recent 1428V topics from our community.
No discussions tagged.
[ad placeholder]

User Reviews (11)

Read what TractorByNet members think about the Massey Ferguson 1428V Subcompact Tractor
73 %
9 %
18 %
0 %
0 %
4.00 star(s)
1428 massey

1428V Massey Ferguson
Massey Ferguson
Model Year: 2002

Engine runs good 4wd great but front end loader very weak

Pros: good power
Cons: poor hydrollic pressure, differrentil lock up breakes

5.00 star(s)
haslet mike

1428V Massey Ferguson
mf1428v with loader
Model Year: 2002

A good compact tractor. It's good for smaller acreage places with tight spaces.

Pros: Not too large for the ladies.
Cons: Bucket not a quick disconnect.

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

1428V Massey Ferguson
MF 1428V Toys
Model Year: 2004

MF FEL and Nardi 6.5 ft. BH Wallenstein Chipper/Shredder Wallenstein WoodSplitter All are great quality

Pros: Great Quality.
Cons: None.

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

1428V Massey Ferguson
MF 1428V Toys
Model Year: 0

My Wallenstein 3" chipper /shredder is a tad on the small size but scary enough to operate. Man is it dangerous if your not careful. My Nardi (Italian) backhoe (9 foot reach) using a 3ph is as big as I'd ever want to use with my size tractor. Perhaps a subframe would permit the next size up, I don't know. Both toys are of very excellent quality. My Wallenstein 160CG wood splitter is also super quality. The tractor itself is a little too narrow (unstable) for comfortable use in our rugged woods and the FEL weaker than I had hoped. I bought it second-hand so dealer experience is N/A. My location is in the wrong part of the county so no dealers are close by.

Pros: Gets me outta the house.
Cons: I want a bigger tractor.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
1428 massey

1428V Massey Ferguson
Massey 1428v
Model Year: 1998

It is a very good tractor has plenty of power.

Pros: Pulls great 4wd very good.
Cons: Diff lock breaks easily, needs more hyd. pressure.

3.00 star(s)
shamel3052

1428V Massey Ferguson
1428V Hydro
Model Year: 2005

It is a good tractor if you like to put $1,500 - $2,000 every two years to replace your 4 wheel drive pinion. The tractor tears them up. Not sure if it is because of heavy loads in loader or sometimes going over pavement while in 4 wheel drive. The tractor cannot do much without 4 wheel drive. I always have a weight on the back and have loaded tires. Other than that, it is a great tractor.

Pros: Does work hard and in pretty tight spaces.
Cons: Four wheel drive pinion fails every couple of years.

5.00 star(s)
tourrider

1428V Massey Ferguson
Weak Spot
Model Year: 2008

Tractor is great the weak point on it is the Nimco valve for the bucket, it prone to leak.

Pros: Great tractor.
Cons: Nimco valve CV122.

3.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

1428V Massey Ferguson
Massey Ferguson 1428V
Model Year: 2004

This Massey Ferguson model must be the bottom of the line. I always heard about how solid and reliable Masseys were... don't you believe it! Both front and rear drives are hypoid gear. The axles do not extend to a hub where the wheels bolt on. Not sure if this was for some gear reduction, or whatever, but there are gears galore in the front and rear. Repairs are out of this world and try to find parts. if you type in any other make of tractor you will see a manufacturer website. Try that with a Massey... Good luck!

Pros: The paint is good.
Cons: Nothing else is good.

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

1428V Massey Ferguson
Good Luck
Model Year: 2005

Kind of surprised to read some of these reviews. I have had no problems with my MF 1428. I like being able to get under tree limbs and between trees with a 4" hog on the back. I have had good luck with my machine that is used mostly for mowing.

Pros: Compact, starts easy.
Cons: No hydraulic hook ups.

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

1428V Massey Ferguson
For What I Use It For---Indestructible
Model Year: 2003

Bought new w/an Italian finish mower. Already had blades, boxes, bush hog, etc. for it. To date, it has been virtually indestructible all the way down to the original battery. Heck, I've never even needed to adjust the clutches. I do change fluids every year or two on it religiously. Used for mowing several acres a week for about 9 months out of the year. It also keeps a half mile of (steep) gravel roads up and also performs duty as the "highway department" on our public road the county doesn't ever friggin' touch, so there's snow removal in this tractors' arsenal as well. To date, the only breakage is a leaky o-ring on one of the front drop-down axles. I just keep fluid up on it and let it leak. Great tractor, great value.

Pros: Goes forever on a gallon of #2 diesel.
Cons: Parts kind of hard to come by; paint is shot from being outdoors.

Photo Uploads:

[ad placeholder]

Massey Ferguson 1428V Owner Pages

View owner pages to see photos, customization and comments about member-owner Massey Ferguson 1428Vs

Massey Ferguson 1428V Community Rankings

#395 user rating of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#784 Viewed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#31 discussed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#999 user rating of 27027 items overall
#2454 Viewed of 27027 items overall
#61 discussed of 27027 items overall
#7 Ranking of Most-OwnerPages in 27027 items overall