Massey Ferguson MF135 4.60 star(s) (59)

Information, reviews, photos, discussion topics, owner pages, and specifications about the Massey Ferguson MF135.
25-50 HP Tractors
1704758581.jpg

About the Massey Ferguson MF135

Massey Ferguson MF135 Discussions (0)

Here are the most recent MF135 topics from our community.
No discussions tagged.
[ad placeholder]

User Reviews (59)

Read what TractorByNet members think about the Massey Ferguson MF135 Subcompact Tractor
73 %
20 %
5 %
2 %
0 %
5.00 star(s)
WA4TG

MF135 Massey Ferguson
Best utility tractor ever built
Model Year: 1967

There is a reason that there were more MF-135's built than any other model of tractor. They get the job done!

Pros: reliable, low fuel use, simple to repair, parts readily available
Cons: transmission has history of hanging-up in gea

5.00 star(s)
stapleford

MF135 Massey Ferguson
MF135 loader
Model Year: 1968

We have had this old tractor now for 9 years and use it on a preserved steam railway in the UK (not UKJ is not listed hence canad put down) It handles a 3 meter boom flail (bertil) used for keeping the embankments and lineside cut. A los has FEL that is used to load ballast wagons and also work on renewal of trackbed where JCB cannot be used due to limted width. Good little tractor although needs power steering. Starts first time even in deep winter after standing for a month without needing easy start. Ours has dynamo although no lights are fitted so it only has top charge the battery One of my favourite tractors with he unique 3 cylinder sound. Started off on one of these when i was 13 in the 70s loading bale trailers before big round bales and 4WD monsters arrived.

Pros: cheap reliable compact
Cons: no power stearing, hydraulics bit slow, no cab only roll frame

5.00 star(s)
HindsQuartersFarm

MF135 Massey Ferguson
Takes a lickin'...
Model Year: 0

I am a hobby farmer, got just 8 acres and raise 4-H Pygmy goats, dairy goats, llamas and chickens. Bought this beast to scrape my pastures, turn over compost and use the auger attachment to put up a pole barn. Bought it used, don't know the exact year but I did a lot of reading about it. The Perkins 3cyl Diesel is supposed to be a bullet proof power hound that sips fuel...thus far it has shown itself to be that and more. Thus far I have no complaints except that it has performed well in spite of an obvious learning curve...(I am a first timer and I'm still on my permit)

Pros: Durable, powerful, easy on fuel.
Cons: It's not brand new...not it's fault...no complaints thus far...

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
Allan Mantler

MF135 Massey Ferguson
Restore
Model Year: 1966

When I purchased this tractor it was well used up. I rebuilt the diesel engine from bottom up, rebuilt the back end and totally restored the tractor with repaired metal, total new paint, new rubber and gauges and everything so in the end I have a brand new showroom condition 66 M/F 135

Pros: Excellent unit
Cons: Don't want to get it dirty now

5.00 star(s)
hilltopdw

MF135 Massey Ferguson
MF 135
Model Year: 1972

Very good tractor. Had this since 1973 with no major issues.

Pros: Very durable.
Cons: No differential lock.

4.00 star(s)
avtar412

MF135 Massey Ferguson
MF135
Model Year: 1974

I owned a MF35 for 20 years before this one. Not much change in technology considering it's 20 years newer! But it's a nice wee tractor in very good order and Perkins diesel. I'm fitting the FEL that I had on the 35. It's a Multi power model and has after market power steering fitted. John A. New Zealand

Pros: Easier to steer, more torque than petrol 35
Cons: Noisier.

5.00 star(s)
Woodcanoeguy

MF135 Massey Ferguson
Massey 135 Diesel
Model Year: 1965

I have 3 MF35's and two 135's...what great little tractors. Love the hydraulics...easy to feather a blade on the driveway. Use mine for hay, tilling, loader, mowing, etc. Easy on fuel and to get parts.

Pros: Ease of getting parts, fuel efficiency, easy to work on, lots available to choose from.
Cons: I wish they had more gears than 6.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
Charger09

MF135 Massey Ferguson
Great Tractor
Model Year: 1971

This tractor has always performed very well for me.

Pros: Great starting & a lot of features.
Cons: Some shifting problems if you get in a hurry.

3.00 star(s)
heydad23

MF135 Massey Ferguson
Used MF 135
Model Year: 1969

Bought this tractor in 2008, $2500.00, with finish mower. Pretty good mechanical shape, though only the basics work. Sheet metal is pretty rough, hope to get to that someday soon. This tractor always starts, except recently when starter went out and I replaced most of the wiring, alternator(rusting plugs), switch and neutral switch, before I found out my rebuilt starter had a bad solenoid. I purchased an I&T shop manual, though most of it is over my head, I still get settings, etc. It has a Perkins 3 cylinder gasoline engine, single stage clutch. Needs a lot of work, but it is very useful. I mostly mow and do a little grading.

Pros: Dependable, correct size for me, easy to work on and I'm not that much of a mechnic.
Cons: Static PTO and single stage clutch, no power steering.

5.00 star(s)
stephen1240

MF135 Massey Ferguson
The Massey
Model Year: 1964

I purchased my Massey Ferguson 135 as a used tractor of course. I have had a lot of fun with it and finding out the more that I use the tractor the move that I learn what everything is for. I have never owned a tractor before, this is the first, so I can not relate this to any other tractors. There is plenty of power with my Massey.

Pros: Plenty of power and well built.
Cons: The hydraulic for the 3-point hitch is slow to react sometimes.

Photo Uploads:

[ad placeholder]

Massey Ferguson MF135 Owner Pages

View owner pages to see photos, customization and comments about member-owner Massey Ferguson MF135s

Massey Ferguson MF135 Community Rankings

#362 user rating of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#390 Viewed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#31 discussed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#933 user rating of 27027 items overall
#1177 Viewed of 27027 items overall
#61 discussed of 27027 items overall
#7 Ranking of Most-OwnerPages in 27027 items overall