Massey Ferguson MF2615 3.70 star(s) (15)

Information, reviews, photos, discussion topics, owner pages, and specifications about the Massey Ferguson MF2615.
25-50 HP Tractors
1704758596.jpg

About the Massey Ferguson MF2615

Massey Ferguson MF2615 Discussions (0)

Here are the most recent MF2615 topics from our community.
No discussions tagged.
[ad placeholder]

User Reviews (15)

Read what TractorByNet members think about the Massey Ferguson MF2615 Subcompact Tractor
33 %
33 %
13 %
13 %
7 %
4.00 star(s)
fbenevento

MF2615 Massey Ferguson
2615 review
Model Year: 2010

This is my first full size tractor. So far I'm very happy with it. It has done all I have asked it to do so far. I have now had two issues with the parking break. I called the dealer and it was no problem. They came out to my house and fixed it. So I'm happy about that. i have been using it to haul wood, plow my driveway, rake the driveway.. even do a little drainage ditching on the side of the driveway and general stuff its done great.

Pros: Full size, heavy, and does a great job.
Cons: I think the DL250 loader ma6y be slightly to much for the 215. In my opinion, it's a great loader, but a super loaded bucket is touchy on the hydraulics.

5.00 star(s)
crzybowhntr

MF2615 Massey Ferguson
Massey Ferguson 2615
Model Year: 2011

I have only had it about 2 months and I love it. It has been up to the tasks so far even though I really haven`t done much except move about 20 tons of manure in some really soft muddy ground and it had no problems in 4 wheel. Handles large round bales well. It will be used mainly on my horse farm for odds and ends and also for putting up about 100 round and 5-600 squares.

Pros: Rear hydros, big loader and bucket, shuttle, adjustable seat, 4 wheel drive, & plenty of power for my uses.
Cons: Shifting into low even with everything in neutral, it seems a little rough, but dealer has told me to bring it in anytime I feel I need to and they want to make it right.

4.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

MF2615 Massey Ferguson
Overall Good
Model Year: 2008

The Simpson engine is a high torque long stroke engine that delivers great torque at low speeds. There were some problems early on that were quickly resolved by the dealer---broken pieces in the hydraulic system and fuel delivery to engine. Warranty covered both. This is a rugged built tractor but the workmanship is not refined as well as in other M-F tractors I have. However, I'm happy with the end result because of good dealer responsibility for curing the above problems quickly.

Pros: Strong build, strong engine.
Cons: Loud-needs better muffler; have to wear ear plugs.

1.00 star(s)
lilwhitesambo

MF2615 Massey Ferguson
2615 Massey 4x4 with loader

This machine has had every problem associated with the model...brake failure, pto & 4x4 failure (3 times to date), clutch has gone out twice, hydraulics for the loader went out last week...tore the control lever box apart and drained almost a tablespoon of rust out of the controls telling me that the pump is rusting out from the inside. The radiator looks like it was shot with birdshot...antifreeze seeps thru the pinholes. Would NEVER consider buying another and would strongly advise against anyone who farms for a living to even look at this machine, now produced in India.

Pros: Dealer tries to deal with problems as best they can.
Cons: Tractor has spent more time in the shop than in my fields.

4.00 star(s)
Mark Page

MF2615 Massey Ferguson
New Machine

I haven't had a chance to do much with it, but so far I'm happy. Mowing time will tell.

Pros: Traction.
Cons: No foot pegs for handling hills.

4.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

MF2615 Massey Ferguson

Overall, I am happy with the tractor. Had some hydraulic problems, bucket won't tilt down and hydraulic hook up box on back busted. Dealer fixed under warranty. I do think the Sammson motor is just a little louder than the old Perkins motors, could be quieter I think.

Pros: Good power, comfortable.
Cons: Too loud.

4.00 star(s)
Mark Page

MF2615 Massey Ferguson
What Else Can Go Wrong?

Bought the machine in Jan.12; had no snow since that date. Got a chance to work with it when mowing season started. This tractor is very heavy and requires more than a 48 horse power engine. It dogs going up moderate hills at mowing speeds. The R4 rears provide limited grip on hills with wet grass. Since I bought it the following repairs have been made under warranty: - New Battery - New Ignition Switch - Replace broken check chain bracket - Adjust brakes for even braking force. I am new to FELs but this one seems difficult to attach and detach. Hard to align pins and hard to attach hydraulics.

Pros: It's a Massey. Good deal on price.
Cons: Too heavy for the engine compared to my last 45 horse Massey utility tractor.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
REDMF2615

MF2615 Massey Ferguson
MF2615 2012
Model Year: 2012

We purchased a 2wd 2615 with 8x2 trans, DL210 loader, remote hydraulics that was a lease return back on May 28, 2012 with about 208hrs on it. We had over 25 to choose from at the time. I only have one problem with mine and that is the power steering hose has a small leak that the dealer is working on and should not be a real problem. I had a great experience with my dealer, but for the others I cannot say the same. I had several that would not even come out to show the tractor and acted as if they did not care to do business with me. I lucked up and found one that would and he gave me a hell of a deal. As far as the tractor and its performance goes, it has already past the old model 35 in the garden and became a real back saver with lifting bundles of shingles to the roof when doing a little patch work. The only reason I gave the Build Quality a 4 was because of the power steering hose issue and that looks like it could have been caused by previous operator.

Pros: Strong, great looking, weight, warranty, locking diff., remote hydro, loader.
Cons: None that I can say other than watch out for some dealers.

Photo Uploads:

3.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

MF2615 Massey Ferguson
MF 2615 is Decent Tractor
Model Year: 2009

Bucket is slow to dump at times. A zerk fell out from one of loader arm pivot points and the access hole in the frame is too small to replace it. Some hoses are dry rotting before their time. It was difficult to get the transmission fill cap off due to close fit to gear shifter. This is a noisy machine with a lot of vibration. However, I've satisfactorily used my machine for mowing, snow plowing, post hole digging, rotor-tiling, towing and scooping/loading.

Pros: Great traction and pulling power.
Cons: The DL250 bucket thickness is underbuilt and the bucket hydraulics have some issue.

3.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

MF2615 Massey Ferguson
Problem With Pinion Gears

I have had five pinion gear failures (this is what was told to me by dealer). The problem starts at 50 hours of use and has continued, the dealer keeps repairing but problem keeps popping up. I contacted M.F. but only get the story that this is the first and only case they have heard of this problem. Well, I know they have heard of five cases now because I have the problem five times. Could I just have a "lemon" tractor? Has anyone else had this problem?

Pros: Good performing tractor when not not out of service due to mechanical problem described.
Cons: Too much downtime.

[ad placeholder]

Massey Ferguson MF2615 Owner Pages

View owner pages to see photos, customization and comments about member-owner Massey Ferguson MF2615s

Massey Ferguson MF2615 Community Rankings

#741 user rating of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#356 Viewed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#31 discussed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#2102 user rating of 27027 items overall
#1079 Viewed of 27027 items overall
#61 discussed of 27027 items overall
#7 Ranking of Most-OwnerPages in 27027 items overall