Yanmar 1401 4.70 star(s) (6)

Information, reviews, photos, discussion topics, owner pages, and specifications about the Yanmar 1401.
Under 25 HP Tractors

About the Yanmar 1401

Yanmar 1401 Discussions (0)

Here are the most recent 1401 topics from our community.
No discussions tagged.
[ad placeholder]

User Reviews (6)

Read what TractorByNet members think about the Yanmar 1401 Subcompact Tractor
67 %
33 %
0 %
0 %
0 %
5.00 star(s)
r1-er

1401 Yanmar
1401D
Model Year: 1986

When I bought my house with 10 acres of property, I realized I needed something to use to clear up some of the brush behind it and to cut the field with. I've got about 3 acres of pasture and 2.5 acres of woods that had thick underbrush. I bought the tractor with a bush hog, carry all, and tiller off my neighbor shortly after moving in. The tractor is 4wd and is like a billy goat on the steep hills behind the house. It's scared me a few times getting up on 3 wheels, but so far it hasn't tipped. It has pretty good power with the bush hog and can cut down brush and small trees, but needs to be pulled pretty slow to keep from lugging the engine. The tiller works GREAT!!! The 3 speed pto allows you to run the tiller faster and will absolutely powder the soil if you want it fluffy. Overall it's an outstanding little tractor that can do a lot more than its size would suggest. Very happy with it for what I need to do with it.

Pros: 4wd can handle steep terrain, lots of torque, multi-speed PTO
Cons: Too light in front, could use a little more power to the PTO

Photo Uploads:

4.00 star(s)
drcdac

1401 Yanmar
1401D
Model Year: 1980

Great little tractor. Has a tendency to tip because of narrow width. Front bucket requires weight on rear to be effective. With 4 foot mower works very well.

Pros: cost. or ownership and cost to operate
Cons: tips easy

4.00 star(s)
savioja

1401 Yanmar
Used Yanmar 1404D
Model Year: 1979

I bought this Yanmar used from an individual. I did a lot of research before I made the deal. For a 30 year old tractor this thing is fantastic. At this point all I have used it for is some box blade and front loader work. Next comes the york rake. In a month or so the brush hog and flail mower get their turn. I have used many tractors over the years, mostly full size industrial. This won't do the work of the big ones, but I'd put it up against anything in is size category. Yes it's a gray market unit, but again parts widely available and no where near the cost of JD parts.

Pros: Quality, Price, Parts Available
Cons: It's a compact know the limits of the machine. I don't like the rice tires

5.00 star(s)
Safetyman9180

1401 Yanmar
Japanese Excellence
Model Year: 0

Can't say enough about this little piece of machinery, its worked its gonads off over the last couple of years and suprised its owner on more than one occasion, if you are worried about its 18HP limitations then dont be! it thinks its 25HP !!!

Pros: Everything.
Cons: None.

5.00 star(s)
jimmymilo

1401 Yanmar
My Yanmar YM1401
Model Year: 1982

This is my first tractor and I'm pleased. It seems somewhat top heavy so I feel like it will topple on I even ground. I am installing a ROPS before I use it anymore.

Pros: Economical. Very reliable.
Cons: Top heavy.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
professor

1401 Yanmar
Yanmar 1401 is a great tractor
Model Year: 1982

I grew up on a farm and we used Oliver equipment. The Olivers gave good service. I now hobby farm and own the following tractors New Holland 3930 4WD,Oliver 550, Farmall Cub, Mitsubishi bd2F dozer and the Yanmar 1401. I use the Yanmar for garden work, mowing, tilling and other chores. Some are scared of the grey market parts availability however I can usually get parts faster for my Yanmar than the New Holland. I wouldn't trade it for a new sub-compact (lawn mower).

Pros: Built tough, easy on fuel, easy to repair, parts availability
Cons: top heavy, no live pto

[ad placeholder]

Yanmar 1401 Owner Pages

View owner pages to see photos, customization and comments about member-owner Yanmar 1401s

Yanmar 1401 Community Rankings

#110 user rating of 731 Under 25 HP Tractors items
#398 Viewed of 731 Under 25 HP Tractors items
#14 discussed of 731 Under 25 HP Tractors items
#788 user rating of 27027 items overall
#3413 Viewed of 27027 items overall
#61 discussed of 27027 items overall
#7 Ranking of Most-OwnerPages in 27027 items overall