Yanmar 1610D 4.60 star(s) (14)

Information, reviews, photos, discussion topics, owner pages, and specifications about the Yanmar 1610D.
Under 25 HP Tractors
1704764326.jpg

About the Yanmar 1610D

Yanmar 1610D Discussions (0)

Here are the most recent 1610D topics from our community.
No discussions tagged.
[ad placeholder]

User Reviews (14)

Read what TractorByNet members think about the Yanmar 1610D Subcompact Tractor
64 %
29 %
7 %
0 %
0 %
5.00 star(s)
Paul_M

1610D Yanmar
Great Little Grey Market 4WD
Model Year: 1988

I've been very happy with my refurbished YM1610. The 3-cylinder diesel is very reliable and easy to maintain. Weakest feature of this machine is the alternator/regulator combination, which I've had to replace. It seems that others have had a similar experience.

Pros: Reliable, easy to use, easy to maintain.
Cons: Weak battery charging system.

5.00 star(s)
bulldog7

1610D Yanmar
1610D
Model Year: 1972

I cannot say enough about what an excellent tractor this has been. I have now had it 10 years and other than a slight fuel problem it has been maintenance free. It came with a Koyker 110 loader on it which I think is a good size for this tractor. It has its limitations of course but used within the bounds it was designed for I don't think you can beat it. It has become a trusted friend and if I ever need another tractor I would only look at Yanmar.

Pros: Size, power, fuel economy and ease of maintenance
Cons: Sometimes I could use something larger.

5.00 star(s)
6thgpSF

1610D Yanmar
1610d
Model Year: 1981

It's large enough and has enough hp for the jobs I need it for and small enough so I can use it in my woods. The 4 wheel drive is a must for me, I have a fel which is another must for me. I also have a finish mower, tiller, chipper, and a phd. It's a great little machine.

Pros: enough hp in a small size
Cons: can't think of any

4.00 star(s)
yanny man

1610D Yanmar
Owner
Model Year: 0

I have had this tractor for a couple of years now. It came with a loader, which was brand new, a blade on the rear and a rototiller, 4ft. All the attachments work well. I used the tiller a lot both at home and I even worked others ground. I cannot say anything bad about this tractor, it always starts, even when it is 20 below, it lifts things that amaze me. I lifted a 2000 or more lb. log that was in my way last week, was surprised it would do that. For a 19hp. machine it does everything I would ask of it, I do wish it had a automatic trans. Other than the 12 speed forward and the 3 reverse, I really like the 4 wheel drive.

Pros: 4 wheel drive loader, rotary mower I have, tiller, back blade.
Cons: Lights, signals, greasing is a pain, nice machine.

5.00 star(s)
Wessone

1610D Yanmar
1610 D
Model Year: 1980

I was surprised by the tractors ability to work for it's size. I have put 60 hours on the machine after it was completely gone through by the shop that I purchased it from. Other than an instances of a clogged injector tip, it has been totally trouble free, which, upon calling the dealer's, their mechanic said that sometimes the 1610's that they have rebuilt will do that--go figure. I have noticed, however, while running at higher RPMs (2200 >) the charge light does flicker if I don't run the head lamps, indicating to me that the charging system is overcharging the battery, but a small compromise overall.

Pros: Strong tractor; Easy starting.
Cons: Small operators area.

5.00 star(s)
knotweed

1610D Yanmar
1610D Workhorse
Model Year: 1982

Cannot believe that this model has done almost everything asked of it (within reason). Dragged trees, hauled rock, leveled 2 acres, pulled up trees. Very happy with performance (not too loud..tractors have ears).

Pros: Like hydroshift, FEL.
Cons: Wish I had power steering but okay w/o.

4.00 star(s)
Paul_M

1610D Yanmar
Gray Market Yanmar YM1610 Lives Again

This is one of those Japanese farm tractors brought into Canada in the 90s and repainted with John Deere colors. I bought her to replace an old Ferguson TEA20 that I'd abused for years. The Yanmar 3 cylinder engine is practically identical to one I have on our sailboat, and I knew it to be very reliable. The front loader is an essential accessory. I also have a rototiller, rollover scraper, back blade, and various other implements. The only weakness I've found: the voltage 'regulator' went out. This seems to be a common problem.

Pros: Always starts. Very strong.
Cons: Voltage regulator easily burnt out.

5.00 star(s)
Henhouse1

1610D Yanmar
YanMartha
Model Year: 1979

I have had my "YanMartha" for a little over a year and have very little to complain about. She needs a little TLC but nothing serious. I have used her with her Yanmar RS1200 tiller to cultivate our garden, with box blade to maintain 200 ft driveway. a 4 foot king cutter bushhog takes care of the back pasture. The Koyker 110 FEL is as handy as Swiss Army Knife. I also have a boom pole which is very useful. So far I have found nothing this little old tractor can't do. The four wheel drive is a necessity for using the FEL effectively. Also, the differential lock is very effective when the ground is slick or soft. My only complaint so far with this old girl is I still can't get the horn to work. ;0)

Pros: Reliability, features, build quality, fuel economy.
Cons: Will not win 1st place at many tractor shows.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
knotweed

1610D Yanmar
Strong Tractor

Wish I had a few more HP but able to get things done eventually. Runs all attachments well. 4WD saved me many times. Runs forever on a tank of gas.

Pros: Everything.
Cons: Few more HP would be nice.

4.00 star(s)
tvmonmi

1610D Yanmar
1610D

The old Yanmars are tough tractors, does everything that I need it to do. I use it for the loader and 54 inch rototiller most of the time, and it preforms excellent. Only issue I have is that it leaks tractor fluid, but I just keep a gallon around and add when needed.

Pros: Well worth the money, reliable.
Cons: Leaks.

Photo Uploads:

[ad placeholder]

Yanmar 1610D Owner Pages

View owner pages to see photos, customization and comments about member-owner Yanmar 1610Ds

Yanmar 1610D Community Rankings

#137 user rating of 731 Under 25 HP Tractors items
#231 Viewed of 731 Under 25 HP Tractors items
#14 discussed of 731 Under 25 HP Tractors items
#933 user rating of 27027 items overall
#1909 Viewed of 27027 items overall
#61 discussed of 27027 items overall
#7 Ranking of Most-OwnerPages in 27027 items overall