Yanmar 1802D 5.00 star(s) (2)

Information, reviews, photos, discussion topics, owner pages, and specifications about the Yanmar 1802D.
Under 25 HP Tractors

About the Yanmar 1802D

Yanmar 1802D Discussions (0)

Here are the most recent 1802D topics from our community.
No discussions tagged.
[ad placeholder]

User Reviews (2)

Read what TractorByNet members think about the Yanmar 1802D Subcompact Tractor
100 %
0 %
0 %
0 %
0 %
5.00 star(s)
scopx

1802D Yanmar
Yanmar 1802 (it is not a D 4 wheel drive series)
Model Year: 1973

Am not sure of the year. It has red sheet metal with green power train. The date of purchase of unit WAG, but did change out fluids soon after which is close to indicated. The ONLY item that self destructed or malfunctioned on its own was a voltage regulator going bad. I have managed to cut a brake boot due to my bad judgment getting into too tall of timber. This unit also has the 4 forward transmission ranges and 3 pto speeds. It has plenty of power and has rice paddy tires which will dig in pronto, but one can put it in reverse and it will fill the hole enough to climb right back out. I will add some weight to the front end at the bumper? I have put 120 hours on it in 6 years. I recommend using "straight" 303 qual fluid as have had bad experience using the "universal" fluid which has affected the new brake boot rubber compound. I also recommend keeping the fuel tank full. Due to my occasional use, fuel is added less than 4 times a year, and usually less than 3 gallons each time. As most engine wear occurs on cold start, I use the decompression valve/lever to rotate engine over about 3 revolutions then reengage while letting off the starter. It has never failed to start. I have replaced the battery also. I checked the engine series number which indicate this same as used of JD 850. Due to my rough handling, have knocked the plastic grill out. Over a period of time when using to clear timber, did notice a slight rise in operating temps. When I'm finished for the day, checked and found lots of dust, leaves in front of grille,and behind battery. I blew them out and removed debris and all is fine with temps down thereafter. As a precaution on all my diesels, allow them to cool down (idle) for several minutes before shutting off.

Pros: It has paid for itself many times over.
Cons: My butt gets sore after few hours, but its fun.

5.00 star(s)
scopx

1802D Yanmar
Stumbled across (old) posting
Model Year: 1981

Happened to run across post made shortly after purchase of 1802. Now about 12 years later and powertrain still working fine. Have replaced battery and one front tire over the years. Just discovered somehow managed to damage rear tire. Build year actually in early 80's. Fine machine.

Pros: Very fuel efficient
Cons: It's getting old, like me.

[ad placeholder]

Yanmar 1802D Owner Pages

View owner pages to see photos, customization and comments about member-owner Yanmar 1802Ds

Yanmar 1802D Community Rankings

#1 user rating of 731 Under 25 HP Tractors items
#618 Viewed of 731 Under 25 HP Tractors items
#14 discussed of 731 Under 25 HP Tractors items
#1 user rating of 27027 items overall
#6867 Viewed of 27027 items overall
#61 discussed of 27027 items overall
#7 Ranking of Most-OwnerPages in 27027 items overall