Yanmar FX24D 4.40 star(s) (5)

Information, reviews, photos, discussion topics, owner pages, and specifications about the Yanmar FX24D.
25-50 HP Tractors
1704764286.jpg

About the Yanmar FX24D

Yanmar FX24D Discussions (0)

Here are the most recent FX24D topics from our community.
No discussions tagged.
[ad placeholder]

User Reviews (5)

Read what TractorByNet members think about the Yanmar FX24D Subcompact Tractor
40 %
60 %
0 %
0 %
0 %
5.00 star(s)
edigokie

FX24D Yanmar
FX 26 D
Model Year: 0

Could not be happier with my tractor. Automatic shift is fast, smooth, and so far reliable. Plenty of power and 4wd have allowed me to do things only much bigger tractors should be able to do. I did some dirt work for my neighbor and he was highly impressed. Called my Yanmar "a little work horse" and that is exactly what it is. So far I have only needed parts to repair a cracked head when I loaned my tractor to a "friend" and it came back home blowing bubbles through the coolant bottle. Replacement head could not be located but Midwest Cylinder Head in Nevada, Iowa did a repair and it is good as new. Other minor parts I have needed have been readily available and more are coming on line each year. Highly recommend the FX series.

Pros: Easy shift, powerful for its size. Plenty of gears to select from including creep for tilling
Cons: No ROPS

4.00 star(s)
Docgrubbs

FX24D Yanmar
Tractor Review
Model Year: 2000

Good experience with tractor. Bought it from a dealer on the internet and have had good experience and excellent resolution to problems.

Pros: Ddependable.
Cons: Implements cost too much.

4.00 star(s)
Docgrubbs

FX24D Yanmar
My Yanmar
Model Year: 1992

Bought my tractor from an individual in Tyler Texas who rebuilds them from crate shipments and all was completed on the internet. Had a really good experience and have always kept in contact just in case. I have a habit of keeping regular maintenance up so have not had many problems. Tractor runs like a dream.

Pros: Ease of operation and controls.
Cons: Some difficulty in getting filters.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

FX24D Yanmar
Reconditioned Yanmar FX24D
Model Year: 1990

Bought this tractor from Jack at Arizona Tractor Sales. Two thumbs up! Very thorough and knowledgeable. Even came with a written warranty! He and his mechanic were waiting for me when I arrived to pick it up. Very nice fellas, highly recommended. Haven't had a chance to put it to work yet, but my first impressions are very good. Everything is tight and the little diesel sounds great. The controls are all within easy reach and the shuttle transmission shifts smoothly without the clutch. One thing I didn't care for is how high you sit in the tractor. I'm 6' tall, combined with high seating provides, at least for me, somewhat of an uncomfortable seating position. It doesn't appear the seat can be lowered. I bought this with a loader, box scraper/scarifier and a post hole digger with 3 auger sizes. All attachments were brand new. The loader features the typical joystick arrangement and the tractor has power down on the front only. Also, there are no hydraulics on the rear (except power up). Jacks mechanic said he could add them - power down, top link and side tilt. The tractor is pretty narrow so I'm considering swapping sides with the rear wheels. That will make the tires about even with the 5' scraper. I am also considering adding water to the rear tires for extra weight. So far I'm really liking this tractor. Again, I haven't stress tested it yet, but I'm sure it will perform well. I recommend it to most anyone.

Pros: Good value for the money.
Cons: No rear aux hydraulics.

Photo Uploads:

4.00 star(s)
bacrow

FX24D Yanmar
Old and Ugly But Always Goes
Model Year: 1984

I bought this tractor off of Craigslist from an individual in Conway, MO. They also run a business that maintains trucks and tractors. They owned it for six years and never stored it inside. They didn't remember if they ever changed the fluids. But, it started and ran okay. I changed all of the fluids, filters, and most hoses, and now the thing runs great. It has an FEL from a company in Texas that is now out of business, but it after changing hoses and repairing a cylinder, it also works great. You can't really compare it to high end tractors like green or orange, but it is good for what it is. I can't imagine getting one that is more reliable. It starts and runs, ready to go, every time.

Pros: Reliability.
Cons: Short wheel base feels unstable at first.

Photo Uploads:

[ad placeholder]

Yanmar FX24D Owner Pages

View owner pages to see photos, customization and comments about member-owner Yanmar FX24Ds

Yanmar FX24D Community Rankings

#472 user rating of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#380 Viewed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#31 discussed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#1203 user rating of 27027 items overall
#1151 Viewed of 27027 items overall
#61 discussed of 27027 items overall
#7 Ranking of Most-OwnerPages in 27027 items overall