Yanmar YM2000 4.80 star(s) (6)

Information, reviews, photos, discussion topics, owner pages, and specifications about the Yanmar YM2000.
Under 25 HP Tractors
1704764345 (1).jpg

About the Yanmar YM2000

Yanmar YM2000 Discussions (0)

Here are the most recent YM2000 topics from our community.
No discussions tagged.
[ad placeholder]

User Reviews (6)

Read what TractorByNet members think about the Yanmar YM2000 Subcompact Tractor
83 %
17 %
0 %
0 %
0 %
5.00 star(s)
careyo63

YM2000 Yanmar
Great all around Compact Tractor
Model Year: 1978

I have rarely came across a unhappy Owner of this model. IMO.it is the most durable and dependable in the YM series.

Pros: Well built and trouble free. Very little maint required.
Cons: Only 20hp. at the PTO. Great for a 5' Tiller or a finishing mower. Personaly wouldn't use more than a 4' Rotary mower/ Brush cutter.

5.00 star(s)
slope32

YM2000 Yanmar
Amazing Durability
Model Year: 1974

I rarely feel compelled to review a piece of equipment. I make about 90% of my own repairs and generally suffer poor design/assembly without feeling the need to publicly vent. So when one buys a 20 yr. old tractor and doesn't make a repair for another 18 yrs. it is time to give it up. The Yanmar 22 hp., 2 cyl. diesel is the most dependable two cylinder diesel on the planet---period. If the Yanmar 2000 is moderately maintained and only occasionally abused it can't be stopped. Use: Mowing, log pulling, landscape and light building site prep.

Pros: Dependability and low end power (at the wheels, not the PTO).
Cons: Narrow, be careful, don't run parallel on grades.

5.00 star(s)
mckee

YM2000 Yanmar
Farm Work Horse
Model Year: 0

Great value for money, sturdy build, easy to maintain, in the winter problematic to fire up as there is no plugs installed, for small farm really the saver, no problem with lifting the ballots of 250kg, on self made back fork. In our part of world hard to get any parts. Overall great tractor, still working even after 30+ years since leaving assembly line!

Pros: Easy to fix.
Cons: Lack of parts.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
bud29376

YM2000 Yanmar
Little Tractor
Model Year: 1975

My gray market Yanmar is almost perfect for what I use it for. I use it to plow (#19 Leinbach bottom plow) a one acre Plant-A-Row garden. I also till with a 5 ft. Agritec tiller and a one row cultivator. I keep the grass mowed with a 4 ft. Howse bush hog.

Pros: Good all around small tractor.
Cons: No mid mount cultivating attachments.

5.00 star(s)
ranger4x4

YM2000 Yanmar
My Yanmar YM 2000

The tractor was in good condition but the tires were cracked a lot but still hold air and work okay. It is a 2 cylinder diesel engine. I do like the fact that it cranks right up just as quick and easy as my gas engine in my truck.

Pros: Starts right up and runs very good. Strong little engine, lots of power.
Cons: None so far.

4.00 star(s)
Crazy Tony

YM2000 Yanmar
Good Compact Tractor But Don't Break Certain Parts

I think Joe is correct about this tractor and if I didn't break my exhaust manifold, I am sure it would still be working as hard as it could. Parts are hard to find and if anyone has a connection let me know. I would also consider parting mine out or selling it outright.

Pros: It was well built.
Cons: Parts are hard to find.

[ad placeholder]

Yanmar YM2000 Owner Pages

View owner pages to see photos, customization and comments about member-owner Yanmar YM2000s

Yanmar YM2000 Community Rankings

#80 user rating of 731 Under 25 HP Tractors items
#89 Viewed of 731 Under 25 HP Tractors items
#14 discussed of 731 Under 25 HP Tractors items
#638 user rating of 27027 items overall
#842 Viewed of 27027 items overall
#61 discussed of 27027 items overall
#7 Ranking of Most-OwnerPages in 27027 items overall