Buying Advice Kubota L3800 vs L3940

/ Kubota L3800 vs L3940 #21  
well see thats where the problem is,i think as a farmer an cattlemen in get the biggest tractor that you can grow into.an not be trading tractors every few years.

/ Kubota L3800 vs L3940 #22  
well see thats where the problem is,i think as a farmer an cattlemen in get the biggest tractor that you can grow into.an not be trading tractors every few years.

yes and the MX5100 is a great deal.

/ Kubota L3800 vs L3940 #23  

Contrary to popular opinion, you can just as easily buy too big of a tractor as too small.

If you can pick a tractor with:

1. Just the right horsepower, no more no less.
2. Just the right weight, no more no less.
3. Just the right loader performance, no more no less.
4. Just the right tires.
5. Just the right transmission for ALL of your needs.
6. Just the right price, no more; don't worry about the "less" part, won't
happen.
7. Just the right size; not too big and not too small, just right.

If you can do all this and more that you aspire to in your tractor selection, you can retire from your present job and become a very successful tractor consultant.

/ Kubota L3800 vs L3940 #24  
I agree with the two big deal. I bought for what I use a tractor for about 80% of the time.. The other 20% I rent or borrow one.. Just doesnt make sense to me to spend the money on something really not suited for 80% of my work...

Another question- am I going crazy or is TripR chaning his picture? Kubota-them a big JD- and now a post card pic of a lake..:D:laughing::thumbsup:

AndyG

/ Kubota L3800 vs L3940 #25  
Yeah I noticed that too, What's going on TripleR?
DevilDog

/ Kubota L3800 vs L3940 #26  
I was just at my Kubota dealer yesterday and seen a L3800 next to a L3240 and although the L3240 was the bigger of the two (frame wise) it wasnt that big of a difference so if it was me id go with a L3540 or the L3940!

I looked at several different tractors and decided that the L3540 was the best fit for my needs, it is a very nimble and maneuverable tractor to my surprize, I really didnt think they would be this easy to operate around the house or in the woods!:thumbsup: I was just dragging logs with mine the other day and could not be happier with its performance.
The extra weight and wheel base will be a benefit when transporting round bales.
So with that being said im gonna go the other way and vote in between for the L3540!
Best way is to test drive both and make a good decision based on your needs and how comfortable you are with each tractor! Make sure you take alittle extra time on the Lxx40's to see all the extra features they have because they work to your advantage!

/ Kubota L3800 vs L3940 #27  
Yeah I noticed that too, What's going on TripleR?
DevilDog

I and another member were trying to help another poster with posting his Avatar and used different programs/computers to try to narrow down the problem.

The lake picture is one of our ponds and the JD belongs to one of our renters.

/ Kubota L3800 vs L3940 #28  
I looked at several different tractors and decided that the L3540 was the best fit for my needs, it is a very nimble and maneuverable tractor to my surprize, I really didnt think they would be this easy to operate around the house or in the woods!:thumbsup:

I agree. My 3940 turns in as tight a radius as I could want - No problem tearing up the lawn with a really tight turn! :laughing: In fact, Kubota specs the minimum turning radius as:

L3940: 8.9'
L3800: 8.2'

Both radii are with 4WD disengaged.

/ Kubota L3800 vs L3940 #29  
I agree. My 3940 turns in as tight a radius as I could want - No problem tearing up the lawn with a really tight turn! :laughing: In fact, Kubota specs the minimum turning radius as:

L3940: 8.9'
L3800: 8.2'

Both radii are with 4WD disengaged.

Yep I was really suprised to see how tight they turn when I test drove a few, when you mow with yours is it pretty forgiving on the grass as long as you dont make any real sharp turns? I just bought mine and havent had any mowing time with it yet.

/ Kubota L3800 vs L3940 #30  
when you mow with yours is it pretty forgiving on the grass as long as you dont make any real sharp turns?

Yes, just fine as long as no sharp turns are made.