Your towing rigs and trailers

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,821  
I don't know if this qualifies, but it is what I use to haul my tractors. The new trucks with all the EPA crud on the engines really didn't appeal to me. I'd rather have something I could fix without needing a computer and PHD in electronics. I found this 1976 White for a very reasonable price and a trailer to go with it. The mileage could be better, but considering the whole thing was less than $6k I can afford some fuel.

What engine and trans in it? Looks like a good, clean Road Commander. Check out American Truck Historical Society , several members in the NY area.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,822  
I don't know if this qualifies, but it is what I use to haul my tractors. The new trucks with all the EPA crud on the engines really didn't appeal to me. I'd rather have something I could fix without needing a computer and PHD in electronics. I found this 1976 White for a very reasonable price and a trailer to go with it. The mileage could be better, but considering the whole thing was less than $6k I can afford some fuel.

Here's my fleet of Whites.

Attachments

• IMG_1218.JPG
    IMG_1218.JPG
    634.6 KB · Views: 186
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #1,823  
The White being more than 26 years old qualifies for historical plates, so that is $28.75 a year. Insurance comes in at $322 for truck and trailer. State inspections are $30 each year. The trailer plate would be $20 a year, but it is prorated, so if I don't register it till April or May it is less. I've been driving truck for over 40 years, so the CDL isn't something I would need to get. The state is making it cumbersome to renew and keep the medical certs up, but that is because I don't want a restricted CDL. I go to truck shows, antique tractor and steam shows, as well as construction "Play" days. It keeps me busy and mostly out of trouble.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,824  
Jesse1, Here's the specs on the "Road Commode". Engine - 6V92 TT Trans. - RT9509A Rear axle - 3.70. I'm one of those NY ATHS members. I've seen some of your posts on "Classic White Trucks" Getting in the sleeper was a bit easier 24 years ago.:D

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,825  
Good to hear you're an ATHS member. Have you seen the pictures of the '14 "White Bash"?

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,826  
I've seen the pictures. Some of those folks have more into the paint jobs than I have in the whole rig. If I had a truck like that it would be a trailer queen, not a working truck. I'm trying to figure how to "Paint" the lower part of the truck with something like bed liner. Every time I haul the chains out of the cab to chain down I end up chipping the paint under the door. I'm thinking of removing the right side fuel tank and replacing it with a chain locker. Right now 96 gallons of fuel in one tank is hard enough on the wallet.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,827  
Nice combination !

Up here, you'd need at least a restricted Class A CDL to run that legally - how are the regs down your way ?

Rgds, D.

No CDL needed.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,829  

that's the way to go!

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,830  

That's awesome! Do you need a cdl with air brakes? What weight do you have it registered at?