RTV Steering Problem

/ RTV Steering Problem #1  

Will_C

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3560, Toro 52" and 60" ZTRs, Kubota RTV 900
I need some advice for a friend. Started his RTV 900 yesterday, no steering-turn the wheel and nothing happens,it just spins. He has a fairly low hour machine, other hydraulics (dump bed) work, and the machines drives. He lives 20 miles away, so I have not looked at the machine myself-he did say he checked the fluid and it is full.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Will

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ RTV Steering Problem #2  
The dump bed and power steering work off of different hydraulic tanks. The power steering tank is uner the seat nect to the antifreeze overflow tank. He may have water in the system and it wasn't a problem untill the cold set in and could be frozen. Look into the power steering tank under the seat and if the fuild is cloudy that could be the issue.

/ RTV Steering Problem #3  
I need some advice ......, no steering-turn the wheel and nothing happens,it just spins.

Mikesee is correct about the 2 different hydro systems...........Actually if you count the power steering, it would be 3........but..........to me something else is going on as even with NO power steering the machine will still turn the wheels while rotating the steering wheel. It would seem that something is totally broken, like the steering wheel itself or tie rods...........God bless..........Dennis

/ RTV Steering Problem
I'll see him at work tomorrow and pass on your thoughts.
Thanks,
Will

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet