Lotos LT5000D Plasma cutter deal from Amazon

/ Lotos LT5000D Plasma cutter deal from Amazon #51  
With a bit of help from me, my kids and wife got me the Ebay one for my birthday. I'm glad I went with the dual voltage. It goes through thick sheet metal on a 20amp breaker painlessly. I showed my son a quick cut in the form of a sine-wave which prompted him to ask why we waited so long to get one. Nice clean cut when the speed is proper and against a straight edge. Right through paint and rust without Pilot Arc. I used it to cut some rusted metal from the floorboards of my jeep this weekend. Would have been a tough spot to cut with anything else besides a torch. Amazes me how small it is. I read that a wirebrush will make the tip last longer, I give it a quick brushing after use and it looks fine for the next cut.

Here it is sitting on my cheap HF table. The cables are actually a decent length.

View attachment 442157

Congrats! They are fun! I just burned through my very first electrode tonight. It kind of sputtered then the arc went out. Then it started to rain so I had to quit. I took the torch apart and the electrode was half worn. Replaced electrode and cup/tip and it fired right back up again. Scared me ... I thought something bad happened to it :)

/ Lotos LT5000D Plasma cutter deal from Amazon #52  
Thanks, it is kinda fun. So quick and easy to may a large hole in the middle of a hunk of metal. I may make some templates out of wood so easy circles can be made.

Good to know on the tip, I was wondering how you would know it's time to replace it. My unit came with a bunch of extra parts included in the purchase.

/ Lotos LT5000D Plasma cutter deal from Amazon #53  
Thanks, it is kinda fun. So quick and easy to may a large hole in the middle of a hunk of metal. I may make some templates out of wood so easy circles can be made.

Good to know on the tip, I was wondering how you would know it's time to replace it. My unit came with a bunch of extra parts included in the purchase.

Here's your sign ;)
worn_plasma_electrode.jpg

/ Lotos LT5000D Plasma cutter deal from Amazon #56  
For $339, I am tempted to buy one just to keep setup on my track torch. Dang, I need a bigger shop!!!!

/ Lotos LT5000D Plasma cutter deal from Amazon #57  
Subscribed- says price good through october 5th
time to talk to the boss

Last edited:
   / Lotos LT5000D Plasma cutter deal from Amazon #58  
For $339, I am tempted to buy one just to keep setup on my track torch. Dang, I need a bigger shop!!!!

How is that track torch working? Any new mods to it ? Pics??

Terry

/ Lotos LT5000D Plasma cutter deal from Amazon #59  
Good deal and good reviews. I like the 3rd review down.

/ Lotos LT5000D Plasma cutter deal from Amazon #60  
How is that track torch working? Any new mods to it ? Pics??

Terry

Handy as a butter knife spreading jam. I havent had to do any mods to it, except i did trade the 3/8 all thread for 3/4. The smaller screw would flex and shake the track as the torch ran over the track. I am fixing to set it up and rip about 30ft of flat plate to use on my wood processor hbeam. Shoulder surgery 2 weeks ago so waiting on the doc to say I can use my arm.

Attachments

• 1227141106a.jpg
    1227141106a.jpg
    982.3 KB · Views: 153
  • 1227141102.jpg
    1227141102.jpg
    839.6 KB · Views: 142
  • 1227141100.jpg
    1227141100.jpg
    998.3 KB · Views: 146