Lotos LT5000D Plasma cutter deal from Amazon

/ Lotos LT5000D Plasma cutter deal from Amazon #61  
Handy as a butter knife spreading jam. I havent had to do any mods to it, except i did trade the 3/8 all thread for 3/4. The smaller screw would flex and shake the track as the torch ran over the track. I am fixing to set it up and rip about 30ft of flat plate to use on my wood processor hbeam. Shoulder surgery 2 weeks ago so waiting on the doc to say I can use my arm.

purty nice!

/ Lotos LT5000D Plasma cutter deal from Amazon #62  
Handy as a butter knife spreading jam. I havent had to do any mods to it, except i did trade the 3/8 all thread for 3/4. The smaller screw would flex and shake the track as the torch ran over the track. I am fixing to set it up and rip about 30ft of flat plate to use on my wood processor hbeam. Shoulder surgery 2 weeks ago so waiting on the doc to say I can use my arm.

I LIKE it!! :)

Terry

/ Lotos LT5000D Plasma cutter deal from Amazon #63  
FYI.....Newegg has reduced the price again of the IGTP Pilot Arc LTPD5000D to $339
Andy
Thanks for the heads up Andy... I couldn't pass it up for that price. Teg

Anyone else get it for that price?

/ Lotos LT5000D Plasma cutter deal from Amazon #64  
Thanks for the heads up Andy... I couldn't pass it up for that price. Teg

Anyone else get it for that price?

Two guys I work with got it from newegg at that price. One arrives today and the other tomorrow!

/ Lotos LT5000D Plasma cutter deal from Amazon
I ended up returning the Lotos plasma cutter. The torch components didn't seem like they were going to last at all and seemed to be pretty self destructive to it's consumables and internals of the torch head.

I tried cutting a total of about 2 feet of 18 gauge metal during the time that I had the plasma cutter and it wasn't doing a good job at all. I had ground the surface of the metal clean prior to cutting it. The plasma wouldn't stay going.

This was the second time I used the plasma cutter after my first initial test of it which was cutting about 6 inches off practice in other thin metal. Very poor results in my opinion, so I sent it back.

I've attached a couple of pictures of the torch head after two uses trying to cut only a couple feet of thin metal.

plasma electrode.jpegtorch holder.jpeg

/ Lotos LT5000D Plasma cutter deal from Amazon #66  
I ended up returning the Lotos plasma cutter. The torch components didn't seem like they were going to last at all and seemed to be pretty self destructive to it's consumables and internals of the torch head.

I tried cutting a total of about 2 feet of 18 gauge metal during the time that I had the plasma cutter and it wasn't doing a good job at all. I had ground the surface of the metal clean prior to cutting it. The plasma wouldn't stay going.

This was the second time I used the plasma cutter after my first initial test of it which was cutting about 6 inches off practice in other thin metal. Very poor results in my opinion, so I sent it back.

I've attached a couple of pictures of the torch head after two uses trying to cut only a couple feet of thin metal.

View attachment 443303View attachment 443304

May have not had the correct air pressure. The manuals aren't great with that. Whatever pressure it says, that's not the pressure you dial in on the machine regulator while it is just sitting there idle .... you dial that pressure in while air is flowing out the torch.

/ Lotos LT5000D Plasma cutter deal from Amazon #68  
Have to Agree with previous post on Air pressure . Mine is set I think at about 68 psi with the Handle Depressed . Handle not depressed , it is like 75 or higher .
Mine is similar torch and I have only burnt tips like that if I touch it to off to metal I am cutting . That will cook that tips fast .

Fred H.

/ Lotos LT5000D Plasma cutter deal from Amazon
I'm not sure what was going on with it. My 30 gallon air compressor's regulator was set at 90 psi and the regulator on the plasma cutter was dialed in at 65. I don't have an air dryer, just the filter bowl that came on the plasma cutter. The plasma wouldn't stay "lit", so I had to keep contacting the metal to restart it. That likely caused the tip to get so fried. I've used another pilot arc plasma cutter that behaved much better than my experience with this non pilot arc one. I was trying to look past the issues I had with it (including a torch button that was falling apart and a bent ground camp out of the box) as it didn't cost a lot, but I decided to cut bait and return it while I still could. Maybe others with different environments from mine and experience will have more success. I'm not a expert at this by any means and just wanted to share my experience with it, since I started this thread.

/ Lotos LT5000D Plasma cutter deal from Amazon #70  
I'm not sure what was going on with it. My 30 gallon air compressor's regulator was set at 90 psi and the regulator on the plasma cutter was dialed in at 65. I don't have an air dryer, just the filter bowl that came on the plasma cutter. The plasma wouldn't stay "lit", so I had to keep contacting the metal to restart it. That likely caused the tip to get so fried. I've used another pilot arc plasma cutter that behaved much better than my experience with this non pilot arc one. I was trying to look past the issues I had with it (including a torch button that was falling apart and a bent ground camp out of the box) as it didn't cost a lot, but I decided to cut bait and return it while I still could. Maybe others with different environments from mine and experience will have more success. I'm not a expert at this by any means and just wanted to share my experience with it, since I started this thread.

I don't know how long your hose is but I'm using like a 25ft. one and I have to crank the air compressor up to it's max to have enough range to then be able to dial the plasma's regulator to the right range. I can assure you that if you set the plasma regulator to the required psi then hit the go switch the pressure fell well below what you had it set at. The air is pretty key ... not enough - no plasma ... to much - blows out. Dryer's are pretty important too. You can laugh at my struggle with them here http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ions-please-post-post4260589.html#post4260589 ... I have one at compressor and a small inline one just before the plasma separator.

I bumped into one of my co-workers that bought one when I was at Harbor Freight today. He said something on his torch was cracked (I think it was the cup that holds the tip) and the standoff wire was bent. He hasn't fired it up yet.