My M7060 purchase and usage thread

/ My M7060 purchase and usage thread #131  
If you purchase Kubota Wholegoods Kits to add various features they come with excellent instructions and pics. Makes installation as easy as possible.

/ My M7060 purchase and usage thread #132  
If you purchase Kubota Wholegoods Kits to add various features they come with excellent instructions and pics. Makes installation as easy as possible.

How hard is it to put creep kit in? Seems like it would have to be a difficult job?

/ My M7060 purchase and usage thread
I think they charged me 2 hours labor. I have read it is very easy to do with the hardest part being draining the hydo and putting it back.

/ My M7060 purchase and usage thread #134  
How hard is it to put creep kit in? Seems like it would have to be a difficult job?

I considered a kit but decided my uses were too rare to justify the cost. Mechanic I talked to said it would take me 3-4 hours depending on how much time I spent reading the instructions.

As lpigott mentioned, hardest part is dealing with the oil.

I added the dual PTO speed kit. That took an hour. Could repeat the process in 30 minutes. Parked the rear wheels of the tractor on 18" blocks. Only had to drain about 1/3 of the oil that way.

/ My M7060 purchase and usage thread #135  
I considered a kit but decided my uses were too rare to justify the cost. Mechanic I talked to said it would take me 3-4 hours depending on how much time I spent reading the instructions.

As lpigott mentioned, hardest part is dealing with the oil.

I added the dual PTO speed kit. That took an hour. Could repeat the process in 30 minutes. Parked the rear wheels of the tractor on 18" blocks. Only had to drain about 1/3 of the oil that way.

I didn't know you could add a dual PTO kit. That's surprising. Wonder if I could add that to my M7040. Probably not.

/ My M7060 purchase and usage thread #136  
I didn't know you could add a dual PTO kit. That's surprising. Wonder if I could add that to my M7040. Probably not.

I'm guessing you can. Mine requires the output shaft to be swapped when changing speeds. The different shafts are driven by a different gear inside the tractor. A snap ring holds the shafts in place. If I park the tractor with the nose downhill I can swap without losing any fluid. I used it quite a bit until I bought the Ford. Now the Ford does the 540 work, Kubota does the 1000 work. I haven't swapped since buying the Ford.

Maybe do some Google searching?? I've not been around the 7040 so don't know if the rear housing is the same and would take the same kit?? I think I did a thread on the install. Can't remember if I used photobucket pics, if so they are gone. It would still have the narrative to give you and idea of what's involved. Pretty simple. Can't remember what I paid for the kit....

/ My M7060 purchase and usage thread
Cut a big oak and hauled it out of my sons backyard, tractor and grapple made it a piece of cake.

Attachments

• IMG_0764.jpeg
    IMG_0764.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 155
  • IMG_1828.JPG
    IMG_1828.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 181
   / My M7060 purchase and usage thread #138  
Nice work. Thanks for the pics!!!

/ My M7060 purchase and usage thread #139  
Cut a big oak and hauled it out of my sons backyard, tractor and grapple made it a piece of cake.

Can you tell a little more about the trailer? It looks like a tilt bed but how long is it? It a snug fit but it works.

/ My M7060 purchase and usage thread #140  
Can you tell a little more about the trailer? It looks like a tilt bed but how long is it? It a snug fit but it works.

I don't know about that tilt bed, but those GMC aluminum wheels look good on it! :D