My M7060 purchase and usage thread

/ My M7060 purchase and usage thread
Can you tell a little more about the trailer? It looks like a tilt bed but how long is it? It a snug fit but it works.

It is a B-B partial tilt trailer with 7K axles. 16' tilt deck and 4' stationary. The small dove tail makes it measure right at 21' overall. I have had this trailer about 12 years and replaced the decking once already but it still looks like new, the power coating was done right on it. The tilt deck will spoil you for sure.

Attachments

• IMG_1829.JPG
    IMG_1829.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 177
   / My M7060 purchase and usage thread #143  
Nice match!!! You GM guys!!!! :)

Stump eating beast!IMG_2095.JPGIMG_2098.JPG

/ My M7060 purchase and usage thread #146  
I would not recommend this grinder for this tractor without creeper gears or an inexperienced operator but if you have that covered this thing makes fast work of stumps. Here is the remains of a 30” hard oak stump.View attachment 549293

That's pretty amazing. Do you have to move much to reposition during grinding? Now that you've used it, would you buy the same grinder again? How pricey are these?

That's pretty amazing. Do you have to move much to reposition during grinding? Now that you've used it, would you buy the same grinder again? How pricey are these?

The grinder only cuts in one direction, moving forward, so you back up over the stump lower the grinder to cut depth (as much as 5" per pass) and drive forward. I would absolutely buy the same one again. The price is just over 2K. I drove my tractor from my house to this subdivision which took 30 minutes each way, ground 3 large stumps all at different lots of houses and was back home 2 hours after I left with money in my pocket. Hydo drive tractors would work well but gear drive tractors without creeper gears would require constant clutch riding and I would not recommend this type grinder for those. I think the creeper setup with shuttle shifting is awesome for this grinder. Couple that with the epto, as the tractor is bit over powered for the grinder and all I do is sit sideways in the seat and flip the shuttle lever with one hand and adjust the lift with the other. Number of passes depends on how wide the stump is and how deep you want to grind it. The stump remains above took me 15 minutes tops, from arriving at the house, grinding, leveling with FEL and a little foot work and driving away.

To better answer the questioning about repositioning, thus far I have not had any need to really reposition much. All I do it start on the right side of the stump (facing forward) and then turn a little each time I back up for another bite so that I move across the stump several inches each time I grind. I think I have gotten pretty good at learning how best to do it with only about a dozen stumps done.

/ My M7060 purchase and usage thread #148  
Did you look at the larger stumpgrinders before the woodland mills? Your tractor would be very nicely matched to the Shaver SC50 Stumpgrinder. You would absolutely demolish stumps!

/ My M7060 purchase and usage thread #149  
Thank you lpigott. That's a good explanation.

Oh, what happens when you hit a rock?

Did you look at the larger stumpgrinders before the woodland mills? Your tractor would be very nicely matched to the Shaver SC50 Stumpgrinder. You would absolutely demolish stumps!

I did, they cost much more and appear more tedious to operate. I can’t imagine them performing any better. I would love to have a grind off against one lol.