What do YOU use to cut metal roof panels?

/ What do YOU use to cut metal roof panels? #11  
I like plasma with a set of 20 amp consumables. Super quick and clean with a straight edge. Or an air shear but it struggles with the ribs at times.

/ What do YOU use to cut metal roof panels? #12  
Check out this YouTube channel. I have been watching it for awhile, great info on building. He has a number of videos on steel roof installation.
RR Buildings
- YouTube

/ What do YOU use to cut metal roof panels? #13  
I used a 4.5" angle grinder with cutoff blades to cut the metal panels for my equipment shed.

Equip shed finished-1 (Medium).JPGEquip shed-3.JPGEquip shed-2.JPGEquip shed-1 (1).JPG

Good luck

/ What do YOU use to cut metal roof panels? #15  
Use cut off blades in your saw , cut from the back side so the ribs are not a issue.

/ What do YOU use to cut metal roof panels? #16  
The guy that built my barn used an air nibbler. When I asked about an abrasive saw, he said it voids the paint warranty. I never bothered to check if that was true.

/ What do YOU use to cut metal roof panels? #17  
on long cuts with the ribs, one can score it with a utility knife, a few times and bend it on the score line and it will break,
my SIl will score and snap entire length sheets with a utility knife,

/ What do YOU use to cut metal roof panels?
I used a 4.5" angle grinder with cutoff blades to cut the metal panels for my equipment shed.
I thought about that too, but I'm not sure I can cut a straight line that way.

Must be your browser. The video shows up on my screen
Ahh, that's why. I have those blocked entirely. Had you posted a short introduction initially, I would have known why it was blank.

Use cut off blades in your saw , cut from the back side so the ribs are not a issue.
That's my current plan.

When I asked about an abrasive saw, he said it voids the paint warranty. I never bothered to check if that was true.
Well, it does burn the cut edges a bit, but I'm not sure why it would be an issue for areas of the panel not cut. Then again, shears and nibblers leave an open metal edge too.

/ What do YOU use to cut metal roof panels? #19  
on long cuts with the ribs, one can score it with a utility knife, a few times and bend it on the score line and it will break,

I'm assuming you meant 5v roofing. I own the exact same tin snips in this video and the are awesome. Just the other day I cut right through a couple of those support hangers used for garage door opener installs.

/ What do YOU use to cut metal roof panels?

I've done that too, but you can't do that across any ribs which is what most of my cuts will be.