What do YOU use to cut metal roof panels?

/ What do YOU use to cut metal roof panels? #21  
Those snips in the video will work OK but there are heavier ones available. They look like a heavy duty aviation snip but with the side snip design. I got a chance to use these before and they are the way to go.

/ What do YOU use to cut metal roof panels? #22  
I formerly used a cut-off wheel and snips. No more. A metal cutting blade in a circular saw does better and lasts longer. The abrasive blade wore down and got slower and won't cut the ribs when the diameter got too small.

The metal cutting blade with carbide tips keeps the heat to a minimum too. Not just any carbide tipped blade... Has to be a metal cutting blade. The carbide is different than a wood blade.

Use safety googles in any cutting. Metal chips or grit in the eye hurts. Hearing protection is good too.

It's all fun until someone gets hurt.:thumbdown:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Diablo-7-1-4-in-x-48-Teeth-Steel-Demon-Ferrous-Metal-Cutting-Saw-Blade-D0748F/100098833

/ What do YOU use to cut metal roof panels? #23  
I built a LARGE metal shed, and made a LOT of cuts with a Milwaukee nibbler,,
I may just buy this saw the next time I need to cut something my Milwaukee band saw will not cut,,,

91I2kNZ3nJL._SL1500_.jpg

/ What do YOU use to cut metal roof panels? #24  
Cheap HF air nibbler does work but can struggle getting over ribs. I bought one of those power shears you attach to your battery drill and it worked better but sometimes could have problems going over ribs. another thread on the subject

/ What do YOU use to cut metal roof panels? #25  
Metal cutting blade for circular saw. Nibbler for trim and small cuts. I don't like abrasives. It seems to heat the metal too much.

/ What do YOU use to cut metal roof panels? #26  
I too went the nibbler route. Makita JN 1601. Made a clamp on guide for long straight cuts.

/ What do YOU use to cut metal roof panels? #27  
A Plasma Cutter is probably what you are looking for!..

/ What do YOU use to cut metal roof panels? #29  
A Plasma Cutter is probably what you are looking for!..

Plasma cutters have their place, I don't think cutting roof tin is it though. It burns the edge farther back than a saw or snips and will rust sooner, not to mention if it's painted tin you have to have a ground which means more bare metal.

/ What do YOU use to cut metal roof panels? #30