So I bought a Yazoo

/ So I bought a Yazoo #1  

Lnk

Gold Member
Tractor
Ferguson to-20, Deutz D7007, Yazoo yhr-60, Gravely 5240, Gravely C8 and model L,
I was browsing the local letgo app the other day when I spotted an old 60" Yazoo yr-60 .1 turn mower, not quite zero turn. Did a little research and checked it out. Runs good, gearbox works properly why not. Offered him less than he asked, counter was good. So I brought it home. Talk about fun. I have been mowing my lawn with a 9' flail mower on my deutz 70hp tractor. And doing the trim with a self propelled Honda 22" mower. Now I am mowing with the Yazoo, and trimming with it too.

Easy to get close to anything. Front deck let's me get under the decks. And ramp, as well as close to fencing. Mowed around my fruit trees on the hillside. Between my comfrey plants. Around my weeping willow I planted this year. Mowed the goat enclosure. Around my pecan trees. Wife is happier.

Dislikes:
Very hilly here, loses traction going up the steep stuff. Got it stuck against the fence down hill in the yard and had to pull it uphill with the tractor. Learning curve.

Overall I think I have found the perfect mower for me. The 18hp Wisconsin engine never seems to struggle even in the tall grass as long as I go clockwise as it is a left discharge deck. Will post pics later. There are virtually no safety devices on this thing, so you have to think about what you are doing. I think I may get a more aggressive tire for it if I can't find a pattern that minimizes the uphill traction issue. All in all a good purchase.

Lnk

/ So I bought a Yazoo #2  
Wife happy and less mowing time than you did good. :thumbsup:

/ So I bought a Yazoo
IMG_20190528_131220.jpgIMG_20190528_131116.jpgIMG_20190528_131251.jpg

Pictures as promised.

Attachments

• IMG_20190528_131127.jpg
    IMG_20190528_131127.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 178
   / So I bought a Yazoo #4  
My brother had one of those, hang onto that steering wheel!!!!

/ So I bought a Yazoo #5  
I
Dislikes:
Very hilly here, loses traction going up the steep stuff. Got it stuck against the fence down hill in the yard and had to pull it uphill with the tractor. Learning curve.

Lnk
Had the same problem with our little Husky. It doesn't slip anymore :)

20190528_212308.jpg

/ So I bought a Yazoo
   / So I bought a Yazoo #7  
They are Hi-Run knockoffs of the Carlisle Super Lug pattern, and I am very pleased with them. They hook-up to the ground really well, and I don't notice any appreciable vibration from the tread. Can't comment on how they might "impress" your soil, we have horses wandering our homestead occasionally so it's not something I take note of. Only a few hours on these, I bought them a couple of years ago and then the mower deck broke and it was sitting till this season.

/ So I bought a Yazoo
Let me know where you go them if you can. I may have to get something like that as we have a few hills here in eastern TN. :D

Give us an update after you have put them through their paces.

Found them at HD for $48 each. Still give an update please.

Last edited:
   / So I bought a Yazoo #9  
That's a great old Yazoo! Used to pilot one of those years ago at a golf course summer job as a teen. I bought a 61" Max2 ZTR right before Husqvarna bought them out & ruined the brand. Like all YK's, the Max2 is a beast. Some Chevron-style bar tires will solve your traction issues.

Enjoy! :)

/ So I bought a Yazoo
Yup, going to get them if I get stuck one more time. Hate replacing tires that are still good. Must be the frugal in me:D