Prepping for a Carolina Carports Barn

/ Prepping for a Carolina Carports Barn #1  

TractorGuy

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 4310 CUT, Ford New Holland 575E Industrial Backhoe, John Deere F725 Front Mount Mower
Ordered a 26x42 building to park my tractors in. Will be the raised center with lean to sides design. Center is going to have 14' legs and be 18' wide while the sides are going to have 9' legs and be 12' wide. Going with 3 sides enclosed and open front. May build some hinged barn doors for the openings later on if I want to finish enclosing it. The regular size roll up doors offered are not tall enough for my backhoe to go through.

I have worked towards leveling the ground some but it has a way to go and I don't want to dig the high side any lower. I have a load of fill sand ordered so I will see how close I get with that. May end up having to get two or three loads. Supplier says "General purpose sand that has been screened to remove large rocks. This sand is very hard when compacted and will easily pass a builders compaction test." I bought a 29'x49' 9 mil tarp to cover the sand with after I get it level and packed. Not sure if I'm going to put gravel over that or just have them erect the building on it.

pad-prep.jpg

Should look something like this less the doors and windows.

illustration1-barn-red.jpg

Last edited:
   / Prepping for a Carolina Carports Barn #2  
Looks like a real nice layout..
PLEASE let me know how it turns out.. I "was gonna" get Carolina CP to do mine until I saw all the neg. reviews..
I guess it mainly the crew & WHO u ordered it thru..??
MOST of the complaints were about delivery times & not getting their building AT ALL.. & no refunds..{ouch}
Good luck

/ Prepping for a Carolina Carports Barn #3  
I have a similar building and love it. Enjoy yours.

Attachments

• 45F7FBE8-BC49-4CFD-8AA8-008555336EFD.jpeg
    45F7FBE8-BC49-4CFD-8AA8-008555336EFD.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 314
   / Prepping for a Carolina Carports Barn
Looks like a real nice layout..
PLEASE let me know how it turns out.. I "was gonna" get Carolina CP to do mine until I saw all the neg. reviews..
I guess it mainly the crew & WHO u ordered it thru..??
MOST of the complaints were about delivery times & not getting their building AT ALL.. & no refunds..{ouch}
Good luck

I admit I didn't research the company extensively. My son in law works for a company that represents them and he didn't voice any concerns.

I did do a CC search on YouTube and watched a few videos of them being built and didn't really see any negative reviews there.

Kinda hard to beat a building this size for 10 grand.

I added the 12 gauge frame that is supposed to be Florida certified for 180 MPH winds.

This is a little better representation of what the building I ordered should look like with the open front.

illustration-on-property.jpg

/ Prepping for a Carolina Carports Barn #6  
   / Prepping for a Carolina Carports Barn #7  
If you were going to have a concrete floor, I assume it would be poured first then the building put up. Jon

Many pole buildings are erected first, and the floor poured later.

/ Prepping for a Carolina Carports Barn #8  
I bought a 24' x 31' from Carports Anywhere for $2995. installed a couple years ago.
I live east of Gainesville Fl.
I ordered a load of Millings and put it under the carport.
At my last home I ordered and paid from Carolina and after a month they told me I had to have a permit before they could build it.
I canceled because they seemed shaky.

Attachments

• DSCN1047.JPG
    DSCN1047.JPG
    917.4 KB · Views: 310
  • DSCN1053.JPG
    DSCN1053.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 293
I thought about millings but the guy that sells them local talked me out of it. He claimed my backhoe would just leave deep ruts as soon as I drove it in with hot weather.

I got my load of fill sand today and did a rough spread. Gonna pull some strings in the morning and see if I have enough to level and pack. I suck at leveling and my eyes are off about 4". :)

Building is supposed to take 4 to 6 weeks and my SIL says to plan on it being 6.

Did you have any trouble getting your money back when you canceled the CC building? I put 16% down which I assume is the dealers commission. He wouldn't accept any more or less to order it. I called him back today to inquire about engineer drawings and he said they have them all on file so I could get a set no charge.

/ Prepping for a Carolina Carports Barn #10  
I had no trouble because I used a credit card to pay.
Millings won't be any worse than sand, it will depend on what is under it.
I have better luck back dragging my bucket with it in float position after I get it close.