Prepping for a Carolina Carports Barn

/ Prepping for a Carolina Carports Barn
Got the site as ready as I can get it. I didn't have enough material to level the whole thing but I did four 4' wide strips where the frame rails will sit and got them within 3/4" of each other. Then I spread the rest of the crushed brick into the parking areas and just raked it out. I can add and level more later.

IMG_1736.JPG

/ Prepping for a Carolina Carports Barn #22  
Looks good. Can't wait to see the build

/ Prepping for a Carolina Carports Barn #23  
May want to tamp/compact it

Looks like you have AC power close by! :thumbsup:

I packed the added fill dirt by driving my 15000 lb backhoe over it repeatedly. I packed the rows of crushed brick with a hand tamper.

I thought I would add an update. We up sized the order to be 42x31. Don't know how i didn't figure it out before but I parked my backhoe in the center area and it was sticking out a couple of feet so I increased the depth. I had to send them new photos of the site after I extended to accommodate the new size.

CC just just called and read the order back to me so it all sounds like we are on the same page. Building is scheduled to arrive and be erected next Thursday, June 11th. YAY!

SIL just came by and checked my foundation prep with a fancy Bosch laser level. All within an inch so I'm calling it good. CC says the legs have about 3 inches of adjustment. I might tweak it a little but it doesn't really need it.

I didn't want to trust my HF laser level setup but I guess it's okay for cheap. His was MUCH easier to use.

/ Prepping for a Carolina Carports Barn #27  
Tomorrow is a big day!!! Hope you take a bunch of pictures. It's amazing how quickly a crew can put it together. blink and you will miss something.

Was kind of expecting this. Weather has them running behind. Rescheduled for Monday.

/ Prepping for a Carolina Carports Barn #29  
That's disappointing.

Building and workers are on the ground.

Edit: This is kind of strange. They only sent two guys which is no big deal but it will take them a little longer to finish. They left for lunch and came back then worked till just before 4 PM. Haven't seen hide nor hair of them since. they left all their tools laying around on the ground so I assumed they would return when it cools off but I'm starting to wonder here at 7:25.

I like what I've seen so far on the attention to detail and the work they've done.

Last edited: