HOW TO: Adjust the Pressure Relief Valve (PRV) on the MF GC 1705/10/15/20

/ HOW TO: Adjust the Pressure Relief Valve (PRV) on the MF GC 1705/10/15/20 #71  
After buying the tool from Bolt on Hooks and finding out they do not sell the correct fitting for a GC1720 I ended up just having a hydraulic shop make a pressure gauge tool. Cheaper and better in my opinion. I could hardly believe that the fitting from Bolt On (for a GC 1705 from the chart, my mistake even though I did specify for a GC1720 on the order) was literally fused to the threads and was not removable. The response from Kenny was 擢irst time I致e heard of that problem which seemed to make it not a problem in his view. So, I知 the price of his pressure gauge tool and he痴 out a customer. Not the best trade but that seems to be the way it is.

Did you ever ask to return it, or was I supposed to do that for you? I'll answer that, no.
You ordered the incorrect part and somehow it's my fault? I told you the correct fitting you needed when I replied didn't I?
Sorry my wife and daughter did not see your note while we were extremely busy, they packed and shipped exactly what you ordered.

/ HOW TO: Adjust the Pressure Relief Valve (PRV) on the MF GC 1705/10/15/20 #72  
After buying the tool from Bolt on Hooks and finding out they do not sell the correct fitting for a GC1720 I ended up just having a hydraulic shop make a pressure gauge tool. Cheaper and better in my opinion. I could hardly believe that the fitting from Bolt On (for a GC 1705 from the chart, my mistake even though I did specify for a GC1720 on the order) was literally fused to the threads and was not removable. The response from Kenny was 謫「irst time I閾エe heard of that problem which seemed to make it not a problem in his view. So, I遏・ the price of his pressure gauge tool and he逞エ out a customer. Not the best trade but that seems to be the way it is.

Yeh, same here, I ordered the valve following the 2 charts on their website, it ended up being the wrong coupler. I had to get a 3/8 ag 5675 ($11 on amazon) to make it work for me. Kenny did say he'd make it up to me if I ordered something from him later, so maybe I'll get a break on some hooks from him or something, we'll see.

/ HOW TO: Adjust the Pressure Relief Valve (PRV) on the MF GC 1705/10/15/20 #73  
IS there a general chart or PDF file with dimensions on fitting uses in hydraulics so I can identify correct fitting by type and thread size and what knots that are on my tractor.... Seems MF may have changed fitting sizes as years go by or if you have different options on (like BH) tractor...

Dale

/ HOW TO: Adjust the Pressure Relief Valve (PRV) on the MF GC 1705/10/15/20 #74  
IS there a general chart or PDF file with dimensions on fitting uses in hydraulics so I can identify correct fitting by type and thread size and what knots that are on my tractor.... Seems MF may have changed fitting sizes as years go by or if you have different options on (like BH) tractor...

Dale

Dale, here is a great one: https://www.discounthydraulichose.com/v/vspfiles/downloadables/qd_sizechart.pdf

We have this and two others linked from our website, at the top of the hydraulic tools and parts pages.

/ HOW TO: Adjust the Pressure Relief Valve (PRV) on the MF GC 1705/10/15/20 #75  
I tried several fittings and ended up getting one from my MF dealer. There are several types on these tractors and the dealer can get a fitting if you have
the number from the fitting on the tractor. My is for GC1710.bb

/ HOW TO: Adjust the Pressure Relief Valve (PRV) on the MF GC 1705/10/15/20 #76  
No I'm sorry, that chart is misleading. Your chart shows the ISO 5675 as having a rounded ends, that's why I figured mine was 7241-A (pointy end). But turns out 5675 male connects also come with pointy ends, which is what's on the GC series tractors, at least on my 1710 it is.

Kenny, last year you even testified to that fact in your reply email to me:

"I have verified the 1705 used the 1/4 5675, but I had this issue before with 1710 so that is the I have no info about it. Yes it does seems strange that they would change like that for virtually the same models. The 5675ç—´ are available with the ball (rounded) tip or the poppet (pointy) tips, bit they can be interchanged."

/ HOW TO: Adjust the Pressure Relief Valve (PRV) on the MF GC 1705/10/15/20 #77  
I got a 2018 model. Having myself ordered the wrong male connect on Kenny's prv gauge, here's what I could tell you, go take another look at those couplers for any markings. On mine, the male connects just have some numbers that lead to nowhere on a google search. The female connects are Safeway 545-3P. I called Safeway, was told the male connects which match those are ISO 5676 3/8", which is what I ordered on Amazon yesterday.

I'm gonna quote myself coz it may help somebody. Look for markings on your couplers, google or call the mfg to find out exactly what hydraulic coupler that is. That's the only way to be sure you're ordering the right thing from boltonhooks or wherever else.

/ HOW TO: Adjust the Pressure Relief Valve (PRV) on the MF GC 1705/10/15/20 #78  
ISO 5675 "AG" style tips and have either a ball or poppet, the physical shape of the coupler is the same.

/ HOW TO: Adjust the Pressure Relief Valve (PRV) on the MF GC 1705/10/15/20 #79  
ISO 5675 "AG" style tips and have either a ball or poppet, the physical shape of the coupler is the same.

Ok, that's my point, your chart is misleading, it only shows the "ball" style for the 5675. That's why we're ordering the wrong coupler from you. Like I suggested in an email, you maybe should put some kind of disclaimer on your website about this.

/ HOW TO: Adjust the Pressure Relief Valve (PRV) on the MF GC 1705/10/15/20 #80  
I'm sorry for trying to help....the chart is not "mine", I was just proving it as a reference to the info-notice that it's from DHH. Most won't even read the charts or the FAQ's, you think they'll read or understand a disclaimer about a ball vs. a poppet?

I also can't help that OEM's change things or pick oddball couplers to use on their machines...Good day all, I'm out.