Kioti tractor issues.

/ Kioti tractor issues. #1  

jlindstrom

Tractor
Kioti/ck3510hst
Hey Guys , Got a real interesting one for you that I need your opinion on.
I have a Kioti CK3510 HST with a KL 4010 loader. only has 418 hours. ( bought it new less than 3 years ago )
For the last year and 1/2, I've been have issues keeping the bolts tight on the loader bracket to tractor tight.
I mostly use my tractor for driveway maintenance ( snow, gravel ) with some lifting of snow and gravel work.
The last time I replace all the bolts and ran a tap into the threads to clean them up and used some red lock tight.
It lasted about a hour then saw that only 3 bolts had fallen out and the rest were barely in. then saw the clutch housing had a large crack in the house.
My local dealer has been trying hard to get Kioti to repair and finally came with a offer to fix it.
They will pay for the parts; new clutch housing and loader brackets only: and I have to pay, labor and shipping and new bolts again.
The loader brackets only are loose on the one side and there is no visible damage to the brackets?....
Is there a reason they want to replace the brackets? defect? Recall? if so they know about it?
is there a reason it's only one side?
Let me know what you guys think and what should I do.. Haven't been real happy with how they ( Kioti ) keeps dragging their feet on this but..
252A1C97-93AD-4177-BCC6-988C8F1E85FD.jpeg

Attachments

• 252A1C97-93AD-4177-BCC6-988C8F1E85FD.jpeg
    252A1C97-93AD-4177-BCC6-988C8F1E85FD.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 701
   / Kioti tractor issues. #2  
You used Lok Tite, torqued the bolts to required specs - let it sit a while for the Lok Tite to harden?? And the bolts backed out like in your picture?

Is it possible there is a miss-match between the bolts and the threads on the engine casting? Have the threads on the engine casting been so damaged that they will no longer hold the bolts.

This DEFINITELY should not be happening. Definitely a situation where Kioti maintenance should get involved and solve this problem.

/ Kioti tractor issues. #3  
With the red LT, torqued - I agree with oosik - something not matching up......

/ Kioti tractor issues. #4  
if you have had it less than 3 years arnt you still in warranty? the obvious is something is wrong. the bolts with the loctite should show how much thread actually was holding.
has the dealer been aware of this for the last year and 1/2 as well?

either way accept the offered repair, keep all parts and if you cant work out a 100% coverage with the warranty you can pursue it legally.

/ Kioti tractor issues. #5  
ok another thought before you do anything will be to have a well established machine shop do a inspection on it first. have them document their findings and send them to the dealer to pass on.

/ Kioti tractor issues.
Hey Guys thanks for the suggestion.
Yes I did torque to the recommend spec, let the Loctite dry for almost 24 hours..
as far as the miss matched bolts , I did get them from the local Kioti dealer, and they treaded in nice and smooth.
The dealer has been aware of the problems. the dealer has really been pushing the Kioti rep to take care of this but...
as far as the warranty as I was told " the loader has a 1 year warranty and the tractor has a 3 year warranty." they are saying this is a loader issue , which i say it's a tractor issue.
I like the suggestion from Rebedad1 said about a machine shop inspecting the tractor.
kind of funny that the dealer hasn't ask what I wanted to do as of yet..( it's been a week already.)
Thanks for the ideas and letting me know I'm not crazy in what is going on...
Please if any of you have any other ideas or views please let me know..
Thanks again
Jeff

/ Kioti tractor issues. #7  
From the photo posted, it looks like the hole in the bracket is much larger than the shank of the bolt.

If there is a lot of clearance between the bolt shank and the hole in the bracket, the bolts will never stay tight.

The relative movement between the bolt and the bracket will work things loose no matter how tight you torque it and the use of Locktite.

Dave M7040

/ Kioti tractor issues. #8  
^^^x2. Have you taken bolts out of the other side to compare with the damaged ones ? Is the holes in the good bracket the right size that will not allow the bolt to move ? I would be concerned that the casting holes in the tractor frame have been elongated as well . The crack in the clutch housing probably came from the bolts working loose and putting to much torque on the housing causing it to crack. Somewhere along the way from when you took delivery there was a mismatch in the bolts and the bracket to the frame casting.. I like the idea of having a machine shop take a look at everything.

/ Kioti tractor issues. #9  
Look at the pic again, you can see the cracks, that is why the bolts will not hold.

/ Kioti tractor issues. #10  
Look at the pic again, you can see the cracks, that is why the bolts will not hold.

Even though the casting is cracked that wouldn't make the bolts come loose IMOP. Not unless there is a crack in the casting we cannot see which is going thru the bolt holes in the casting ? The casting and the bracket should remain attached to each other provided there is nothing wrong with the bolts matching to the casting.