m7060 engine warning 50% power reduction

/ m7060 engine warning 50% power reduction #1  

RoyKing

Platinum Member
Tractor
M7060HSC/18, RTV-X1100C
Happened after a parked regeneration cycle, it speeded up for about 20 minutes then came back down and we went back to work.

engine warning blink a few times

now stays on reduced power 50%

no buzzer

Dealer says they have to pick it up

/ m7060 engine warning 50% power reduction #2  
Well that sucks. Too bad they couldn’t just hook the computer up there and let ya know what it may be/ do a reset and be on your way with any luck.
Keep us posted....

/ m7060 engine warning 50% power reduction #3  
Kubota, like Deere, uses a proprietary ecm hookup that only accepts a Kubota Diagmaster scan tool and you cannot buy one. Dealer only item which is why I won't own a post 4 Kubota. Both mine 2002 and 2004 M9's are totally mechanical. Both make in the excess of rated pto power and both are trouble free and have been since new.

/ m7060 engine warning 50% power reduction #4  
I wont own any equipment that only a dealer can repair......at a huge cost. I have heard horror stories about JD equipment.

/ m7060 engine warning 50% power reduction
My operator doesn't like to keep the rpm's up. So after the dealer does a forced regen I will have to come up with solution, I'm thinking at end of each day maybe I'll raise the rpm's and let run for 20/30 minutes to burn off soot, then do a shutdown.

/ m7060 engine warning 50% power reduction #6  
My operator doesn't like to keep the rpm's up. So after the dealer does a forced regen I will have to come up with solution, I'm thinking at end of each day maybe I'll raise the rpm's and let run for 20/30 minutes to burn off soot, then do a shutdown.

Start handing your "operator" the repair bills.

/ m7060 engine warning 50% power reduction #7  
For my information - what exactly is "raised rpms" for your M7060, Roy? X rpms for X time. Thanks

/ m7060 engine warning 50% power reduction #8  
There are ways to “deal” with the DPF and as a bonus, the egr. Costs a few grand but as another bonus you can get an extra few HP and better fuel economy...... once out of warranty I plan to look into it. My VW TDI has been happy breathing easier.

/ m7060 engine warning 50% power reduction #10  

Tell him if he don't run at rated RPM at least part of the time, you'll fire him...........:laughing: