RTV - X1100C

/ RTV - X1100C
I took the RTV out today so I could clear the end of two driveways of snow from the town plow before it freezes tonight, I never had a problem shifting it.

/ RTV - X1100C #52  
Hi Swampy6, I'm going to a dealer this week to check out buying a X1100C, what accessories did you add when you purchased, and what tires did you get?
I'm definitely going to want a snow plow to start. Nice looking machine, hope you are enjoying it, have you plowed any snow yet?
BY

/ RTV - X1100C #53  
I like the HD worksite tires. I have the Boss V blade with the rubber edge kit, works fantastic for snow...

/ RTV - X1100C #54  
I like the HD worksite tires. I have the Boss V blade with the rubber edge kit, works fantastic for snow...

Do you use the Toolcat and the RTV for snow?
Obviously Toolcat more powerful & heavier, but can you compare them for snowplowing? I’d like to know how they compare. The RTV is 1/3rd the weight, power & price, but is it only 1/3rd as good at plowing?
Thanks in advance

/ RTV - X1100C #55  
I used to use the Toolcat but now I get away with the RTV.

I have about 700’ of drive and two 75’ x 75’ pads (house and shop) to clear.

I put the rubber edge kit on the Boss V to protect the asphalt and I don’t need to use shoes.

I like the V to clear a path is deeper stuff then go angled straight to clear away the remainder.

It does a great job and I don’t have to use chains but I think you do need some weight in the rear box.

The only time to break out the Cat now is if we have to much to push but that does not usually happen where I am

You will like the Kubota and the heat a s tunes don’t hurt a bit...

/ RTV - X1100C
Hi Swampy6, I'm going to a dealer this week to check out buying a X1100C, what accessories did you add when you purchased, and what tires did you get?
I'm definitely going to want a snow plow to start. Nice looking machine, hope you are enjoying it, have you plowed any snow yet?
BY

We went with the ATV tires they offered, I'm glad we went with them because of the hills we have. We bought the Boss V- Plow with rollers for it.

We have plowed snow with it, but it was only 5 inches so it was easy. I do have 240 pounds of tube sand in the back for extra traction. The sand doesn't have salt in it in case the bag springs a leak. I also bought chains for the back tires but not from the dealer, so far this winter we haven't received much snow or ice so the chains are still in the bag they came in.

See if the will bring it to your house for a test drive for x amount of time, you can see how it shifts when you're on different terrain. It will also shift different when you have the plow on it.

/ RTV - X1100C #58  
After 17 years with a RTV900W I traded it in today for a RTV-X1100C. The RTV900W only had 500 hours but has been acting up lately with four wheel drive engagement and the locking differential. The RTV900 had the hard cab option plus a 72" Curtis plow with the angle kit. The new RTV-1100C will have the V5295A K-Connect Hydraulic V-Plow. Gave me $8,000 trade so difference is about $21,500 plus tax. Should be good for another 17 years which will make me almost 90 so probably my widow will be selling this at some point or using it herself.

/ RTV - X1100C
After 17 years with a RTV900W I traded it in today for a RTV-X1100C. The RTV900W only had 500 hours but has been acting up lately with four wheel drive engagement and the locking differential. The RTV900 had the hard cab option plus a 72" Curtis plow with the angle kit. The new RTV-1100C will have the V5295A K-Connect Hydraulic V-Plow. Gave me $8,000 trade so difference is about $21,500 plus tax. Should be good for another 17 years which will make me almost 90 so probably my widow will be selling this at some point or using it herself.

Congratulations lloyd123, when will the delivery take place?

/ RTV - X1100C #60  
Congratulations lloyd123, when will the delivery take place?

I received the invoice today and both the RTV and the plow have serial numbers so appear to be in stock. It's just a matter of having the dealer do the install of the four point K-Connect and the V-Plow - hopefully within a week(?).

Last edited: