What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,722  
I have one of those stump buckets and they are a beast. Be careful using it on your LS as it can quickly bend your loader supports with little effort. I only use it on my skid steer now.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,723  
Yeah, I plan on welding some gussets on the "dog ear" brackets on the loader arms before I use it too much.
2021-02-26_14-49-37_385.jpg

I have one of those stump buckets and they are a beast. Be careful using it on your LS as it can quickly bend your loader supports with little effort. I only use it on my skid steer now.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,724  
Yeah, I plan on welding some gussets on the "dog ear" brackets on the loader arms before I use it too much.
If you have not already seen it, check out my video I made about reinforcing the loader support arms.
about the 2:09 mark.

Just be careful you dont end up bending the curl cylinders.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,725  
If you have not already seen it, check out my video I made about reinforcing the loader support arms.

Thanks Nick, I watch all your videos (y). Did you have the curl cylinders fully extended and back dragging when those brackets bent like that? I'm just trying to understand exactly what not to do. I have been pretty tough with my loader digging trees and stumps out with pallet forks and haven't bent anything yet. I think as long as I don't treat it like a bulldozer I should be OK.
I do have some 3/8" thick x 3/4" flat bar bent and ready to weld on those brackets as soon as I feel ready to tackle that project.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,726  

Avenger...My new MT225S FEL is not level....the left side i approx. 1" higher than the right side when on the ground. I expect this is NOT normal....pretty light duty so far, just moving snow, some boulders moved, mostly backhoe work. Looking at the front loader brackets...nothing stands out as "bent" or misaligned. Should I contact the dealer ? Just irritating that the right side of the bucket hits first....OCD?

Attachments

• FEL1.jpg
    FEL1.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 117
  • FEL2.jpg
    FEL2.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 100
  • FEL3.jpg
    FEL3.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 93
  • FEL4.jpg
    FEL4.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 98
  • FEL5.jpg
    FEL5.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 103
   / What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,727  
Got a few hours flail mowing today.
A new twist. My tractor mounted Unifi internet worked great.

IMG_2265.JPG

Able to watch/listen to You Tube. While in areas not needing 100% attention of course.

A primary reason for this is wifi calling. I do not get a decent phone signal, often no signal in many spots. I did find one area behind a grove of trees with the wifi signal blocked, but a small area.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,728  
Thanks Nick, I watch all your videos (y). Did you have the curl cylinders fully extended and back dragging when those brackets bent like that? I'm just trying to understand exactly what not to do. I have been pretty tough with my loader digging trees and stumps out with pallet forks and haven't bent anything yet. I think as long as I don't treat it like a bulldozer I should be OK.
I do have some 3/8" thick x 3/4" flat bar bent and ready to weld on those brackets as soon as I feel ready to tackle that project.
Thank you for watching!
When I bent those support brackets I was trying to clean up some brush and slash after we logged using the tine bucket. The tine bucket has 42" long tines. I put the points into the ground, maybe an inch or so, almost vertically... a little rake forward. I then backed up. It wasnt dumped all the way out. I didnt see or feel anything as far as something wrong. But after I was done, I noticed those brackets all bent up. I assume it was the combination of increased leverage, and improper use.
If you need to back drag, curl the bucket more. Heel the material and scrape backwards using the back of the bucket instead of the cutting edge. Its not as pretty, but will save you some headache.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,729  
Avenger...My new MT225S FEL is not level....the left side i approx. 1" higher than the right side when on the ground. I expect this is NOT normal....pretty light duty so far, just moving snow, some boulders moved, mostly backhoe work. Looking at the front loader brackets...nothing stands out as "bent" or misaligned. Should I contact the dealer ? Just irritating that the right side of the bucket hits first....OCD?
Check everything. This includes your tire pressure. Also see if your floor is actually level. I assume it is. Next, check all your pins. Make sure they are proper. Check the torque on all your frame bolts. If the problem still does not resolve itself, get out the measuring tape and start measuring, comparing the two sides. Something is outta whack. If its a manufacture defect (one side is longer than the other), then call your dealer, thats a warranty issue.
Check the little things first, like the tires and pins and bolts. Then call. I have a feeling that your looking at something else wrong. Being such a new tractor, it shouldnt be like that.