What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,731  
Thanks for the info. I usually back drag with the bucket pretty much level.
Thank you for watching!
When I bent those support brackets I was trying to clean up some brush and slash after we logged using the tine bucket. The tine bucket has 42" long tines. I put the points into the ground, maybe an inch or so, almost vertically... a little rake forward. I then backed up. It wasnt dumped all the way out. I didnt see or feel anything as far as something wrong. But after I was done, I noticed those brackets all bent up. I assume it was the combination of increased leverage, and improper use.
If you need to back drag, curl the bucket more. Heel the material and scrape backwards using the back of the bucket instead of the cutting edge. Its not as pretty, but will save you some headache.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,732  
Avenger...My new MT225S FEL is not level....the left side i approx. 1" higher than the right side when on the ground. I expect this is NOT normal....pretty light duty so far, just moving snow, some boulders moved, mostly backhoe work. Looking at the front loader brackets...nothing stands out as "bent" or misaligned. Should I contact the dealer ? Just irritating that the right side of the bucket hits first....OCD?
Yes! Contact dealer immediately! They did not set it up properly.... one side or both of the mounts are misaligned. My neighbor had the same problem with his... they had to loosen every part of the loader mounts on flat level area and retighten.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,733  
Dealer picked XR4140 for 300 hour service today. Actually have 353, but delay was due to dealer. Almost did it myself, but as it’s still under warranty I’ll let him do it.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?
#1,734  
StuckOne.png

StuckTwo.png

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,735  
Tires full of mud ☹️

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,736  
Tires full of mud ☹️

I have to laugh because I got stuck twice already but was too embarrassed to post pictures. Since I have a front end loader and a backhoe I was able to use them to lift my front and rear wheels out of the mud and then I used 4x6s and placed them under the wheels. I lowered the wheels on to the 4x6s and drove right on out. It’s a task afterwards to clean.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,737  
Yep, That's R4 tires for you. I would never have them unless all I did was loader work on concrete or level gravel area.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,738  
looking at that front axle I don't believe it would have made a bit of difference what type of tire he had on.
R1's might have dug a bit deeper a bit faster.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,739  
I'm more interested in the story. How did you manage to get stuck, and more importantly, how did you manage to get out?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?
#1,740  
I don't think the tires would have made a difference. As I've said many times before, I have almost NO flat ground. Virtually everywhere other than the house and garage is on a slope. There is an area just below the shed I've worked on that stays wet, even in a generally dry summer. It's just where everything else drains. That's where I stacked some junk wood and brush that was leftover after getting firewood cut out.

I decided to push some of it further downhill to burn when I get a decent day. Made one push into the pile and sunk. Couldn't go backwards up the hill. Tried diff lock. Tried crabbing with the loader. Just kept digging deeper into the muck. Couldn't go forwards because of the wood pile. Not enough movement either way to try and rock or turn.

Called a neighbor but they weren't available.

Thought about it for a while and 'assessed the gravity' of the situation. It wanted to go down hill. So, I started moving what was left of the woodpile by hand. Luckily there wasn't a whole lot right in front of where the tractor was and I was able to get a 5-6' width cleared without too much trouble. Jumped in the seat, started it up and drove downhill, right through the path in the wood pile.

Not sure when or if it will dry out enough there to try again. I may just burn the pile where it is.