The irony

/ The irony #1  

Sigarms

Tractor
F3080
When my one boy turned 14 and he decided he wanted to earn money to buy a truck, the ONLY thing I heard for two years was how Ford was better than a Chevy.

Honestly, the way I see it, it's a roll of the dice with any model from any manufacturer.

Thing is, for two years, it was ALWAYS about how he would NEVER EVER buy a Chevy truck because Ford makes great products and Chevy's were crap and he wouldn't be caught dead driving a Chevy.

Well, two years later, after working part time, he finally saved enough money and found a truck.

Here it is

CHEVY.png

Got to admit, I like the window sticker LOL

He owes his shop teacher a big thank you for hooking him up with the seller.

/ The irony #2  
Get him a license plate holder that says either
1. when I grow up I want to be a ford
or
2. my other truck is a ford

/ The irony #3  
So what caused his change of heart ? Hope it serves him well !

/ The irony #8  
And at least he finally got was I have been trying to tell him for two years.

I couldn't help but mention that to him.
At least he listens to his shop teacher.

/ The irony #9  
Oh to be young again! Grew up in a Ford area . When I was in his shoes I found a Dodge Ramcharger that I couldn't live without, our Mechanic took one look and said what do you want with that old goat ? She was the Goat from that day on .

/ The irony
Get him a license plate holder that says either
1. when I grow up I want to be a ford
or
2. my other truck is a ford

First thing money has to be spent on is the door.

This is how you currently roll up the window :ROFLMAO:

CT.png

Thing is, for under 1k for a 98 Silverado 4x4 with under 200k on the odometer, I wasn't expecting the truck to be perfect by any stretch of the imagination.

I also explained to him it could be a roll of the dice for something so cheap.

However, I figured his teacher wouldn't screw him over on a bad deal (his teachers friend, not the teacher) and there is some rust, but I also understand you get what you pay for, particularly with used vehicles.

Way I see it, either way this will be a good learning experience for him on buying used vechicles. Thing is, generally you don't learn until the bad experience hits.

He wants to spend his money, he's going to do it sooner or later without me anyways. The truck wasn't falling apart, engine seemed good and the guy told us about the only issue he ever had that we have to be aware of.

He's excited.

As I told my wife, probably has less issues than the Toyota I donated with 400k on it.

We will find out soon enough. Besides that, we would of helped him on the money side (we didn't tell him that) for something "better", but buying a truck even under 3k can be a roll of the dice.

Last edited: