The irony

/ The irony #11  
Learning process of life.

/ The irony #12  
Heck he can by 60 or 70 of those for the price of a new one !

/ The irony
Heck he can by 60 or 70 of those for the price of a new one !

The buy price was actually $800 without the cap.

For $800 on a 4x4 truck, I was actually expecting it to look a lot worse.

Don't get me wrong, the inside cab has seen better days as it's even dirty by my standards, but the kid is right now outside cleaning it up, having his dreams about it.

With the long bed, he can pretty much throw all his fishing poles in the bed with plenty of room to spare. He's already told me this is going to be his best summer ever.

Driver side seat is kind of torn up, but it has a mossy oak seat cover for the entire seat, so I guess that makes it OK :ROFLMAO:

Guy who sold it apparently works construction and had 3 or 4 nicer and relatively newer chevy work trucks in his driveway (local construction company I've seen before). Seemed like an honest guy just looking to get rid of an extra truck he didn't need.

For the price point, I couldn't say no since it seemed to run ok when we took it out for a test drive.

Keep in mind, the title is in my name 😁

The real test is when I have my mechanic go over it in detail this week.

At the end of the day, if I would of said no to the deal, my kid would of been heartbroken (what he's been working HIS money for). Truck looked ok enough for the price point to go down that road of a cheap used truck and dealing with the potential headaches unless if it's scrap, which I don't think that's the case.

Last edited:
   / The irony #14  
You are a pretty good man . I thought different for a long time . That is what comes from judging people on the net . Nothing like your first vehicle , proud of him . Kevin .

/ The irony #15  
I'll never forget my first vehicle. Father said - "graduate college, I'll buy you whatever brand new vehicle you want". As a freshman - a Cadillac. As a graduating senior - brand new 1965 VW bug. Life's lessons.

Wish I still had pictures of the "bug". My God - the wife and I were so very proud of that vehicle. We drove all the way to Alaska in the bug.

/ The irony
You are a pretty good man . I thought different for a long time . That is what comes from judging people on the net . Nothing like your first vehicle , proud of him . Kevin .
You might think otherwise when last night my boy came in to ask me if he could put MY truck radio into his truck because he couldn't get HIS radio to work. He had his radio out of the dash and ready to take mine out on my truck on my say so. As he explained to me, I don't use my truck that often, so he didn't see the big deal in taking my radio.

You should of also heard my conversation with him yesterday, while I was driving behind him while he was driving his truck home (because he had no plates) he was doing 45MPH in a 35MPH school zone. He explained to me it was a Sunday and school was out, and again, no big deal to him.

After he got the truck home (with no plates), he then asks me if he can run it up to town to use the car wash so he could clean the exterior. That response went over real well with him as well.

My wife thinks I'm an odd man, but a good man. That's what counts to me ;)

I won't go into the conversation with him trying to explain that the title was in my name because he couldn't afford the insurance on his own. New truck, his money and his keys, and in his mind, that means freedom to go wherever and whenever he wants to go.

Last edited:
   / The irony #17  
What? You don't want him driving it without plates? Man, that's rough. :)

Our oldest told us she wanted to go to military high school because we were too strict. :unsure: I think it was something about not letting her stay out past midnight on weekends in 8th grade. I had to laugh hard in another room. :ROFLMAO:

/ The irony
What? You don't want him driving it without plates? Man, that's rough. :)

Our oldest told us she wanted to go to military high school because we were too strict. :unsure: I think it was something about not letting her stay out past midnight on weekends in 8th grade. I had to laugh hard in another room. :ROFLMAO:
At this point, the biggest issue is this kid has is blinders on per only what he wants at this moment in time. It's been his MO since day one.

The reality is our family is a little different than others per kids growing up in the household, as both our boys were adopted at different ages in their life from NC families, but they are the same age (you should see the look we get when we tell people they are the same age LOL).

My wife (who is part technical writer per her job responsibility) should write a book IMO after they both move out on our experiences :ROFLMAO:

At the end of the day, I've come to the conclusion that the first 7 years in a childs life molds them a lot more than people think.

/ The irony #19  
At this point, the biggest issue is this kid has is blinders on per only what he wants at this moment in time. It's been his MO since day one.

The reality is our family is a little different than others per kids growing up in the household, as both our boys were adopted at different ages in their life from NC families, but they are the same age (you should see the look we get when we tell people they are the same age LOL).

My wife (who is part technical writer per her job responsibility) should write a book IMO after they both move out on our experiences :ROFLMAO:

At the end of the day, I've come to the conclusion that the first 7 years in a childs life molds them a lot more than people think.
Ah, I was guessing they were twins from past conversations.

I agree with you about early childhood development.

When people ask us how we got such good kids, we usually tell them "First, you have to want them." By that, I mean planned or unplanned, you have to want children once they are there. Truly want them. That sets the bar for yourself. You want these kids.

In our case, we had a lot of trouble getting pregnant. Both of us had physical problems that prevented it. However, after many tries, a couple surgeries, other procedures, after 7 years of trying we got one. Took another 5 years to get the 2nd one. We really wanted those kids. Would have liked to have several more, but it wasn't in the cards for us.

2nd thing we tell people is to read to your children from the day they are born. My wife read to them daily. In the car in the morning on the way to day care. In the car in the evening on the way home from work. At home. At night before bed I'd read them a bedtime story. At least a couple hours a day of reading. Trips to the library every Saturday. They learned to read around age 4. Both were writing before pre-school. Simple math, too.

So that's why, I think, reading early and spending that quality time sitting there with your child, curled up on the couch, them feeling very comfortable just listening to your voice tell them a story... it really helps them in the long run.

/ The irony #20  

We have been Foster Parents for many years.

For most of these kids, unfortunately, the most critical times in their lives were before they were born.

Their birth mom took drugs and it impacts the unborn baby brains. It’s not curable. It’s tragic.

MoKelly