/ My solution for 3PT float on my GC1700 #61  
   / My solution for 3PT float on my GC1700 #62  
955 is a Caterpillar track loader, just have be careful turning.... lol.... jim

/ My solution for 3PT float on my GC1700 #63  
   / My solution for 3PT float on my GC1700 #64  
Where there is a will there is a way..... jim

/ My solution for 3PT float on my GC1700 #65  
Sorry I haven't come back to this in a while

I can try and print a batch of these little things and share them with you all. I don't want paid for them.

They're not perfect but mine has been great and still works fine a year or so later. I'll print a few of my first design and try and improve it a bit before distributing.

I'm hoping it'll fit in a regular envelope and only need one stamp. Makes it easier to mail them.

If anyone would like one, pm me your address and I'll try and get one to you once I've made them.

I really enjoy 3D printing-so it's not a burden at all.
I just joined this forum and am very interested in the device that you seem to be talking about for holding the lift lever in down float. I have owned a few of this model of tractor and them not being designed to stay in float has been a problem all along. I first hung a bean bag on the lever and that worked. Next I strapped some weights to the lever and that worked. I recently bought a new replacement tractor and the return spring is heavier so that the weights idea doesn't work well anymore. I am desperate to find a solution as I am in the business and do a lot of work needing float. Can you help out a boy from Canada?

/ My solution for 3PT float on my GC1700 #66  
OP, I do run a printing business on the side if your not interested in producing these any longer, PM if your interested.

/ My solution for 3PT float on my GC1700 #67  
This lack of being able to keep in float has been one of my contentions for some time. I came up with several designs and decided in the mean time to use a short bunji cord, which is still on there. Other priorities I guess.

Lou

/ My solution for 3PT float on my GC1700 #68  
This lack of being able to keep in float has been one of my contentions for some time. I came up with several designs and decided in the mean time to use a short bunji cord, which is still on there. Other priorities I guess.

Lou
I use it a lot on my gc2400 with tiller. the gc2400 has a rod that goes into arm connected to actual lift, springs at both sides of the lever tighten and flip lever back to center. so I just loosened spring on the lower side to "create" a float.
not sure if 2300 series setup like this. this is what looks like on 2400 series. Item num 18 on both sides of slide are springs. front one is one to loosen.

Capture.PNG

/ My solution for 3PT float on my GC1700 #69  
My solution is that when I want to do this I'm always going in reverse using the snow blower. When my foot is on the "go in reverse pedal" my knee is in a perfect position to hold the 3PT lever down. I can also release it just by moving my knee.