2005 Jinma 284 won't start!

/ 2005 Jinma 284 won't start! #11  
So you indicated that when you turn the key you get a click, no motor spinning. You indicate you have replaced the battery, cables and cleaned connections. Make sure all connections are tight. You do not want to break bolts, but none should wiggle even with a very firm tug.
Also consider having that new battery load tested. It is more common than most believe for a new battery to be bad.
Next point is that the starter gets it ground through the mounting bolts of the starter and its contact with the transmission housing. It may be worth-wild to use a ground jumper on one of the starter bolts yo the frame. Use a heavy gauge wire like the negative battery cable for this jumper. Small wires will overheat.

/ 2005 Jinma 284 won't start!
I tried the screwdriver starter trick and got nothing.
I'm about ready to turn this thing into a garden feature. I've never been so frustrated with a machine before. It's got to be something simple or stupid but I'm just not finding it.

/ 2005 Jinma 284 won't start! #13  
In a Jinma, if one of the hydraulic hoses is disconnected it creates enough back pressure against the hydraulic pump that the starter motor can't turn the engine over. Check and make sure that your hydraulic hoses are connected.

Make sure the fuel is cut off. You should be able to turn the engine over rather easily with a 27mm socket on the crackshaft. Think the amount of effort it takes to pull-start a lawnmower. If you can't, something is jamming the engine. If you can, something is wrong with the starter motor or the electrical supply to it.

/ 2005 Jinma 284 won't start! #14  
I tried the screwdriver starter trick and got nothing.
I'm about ready to turn this thing into a garden feature. I've never been so frustrated with a machine before. It's got to be something simple or stupid but I'm just not finding it.

If you get nothing jumping from the hot cable from the battery to the small terminal on the solenoid, then go back to your battery initially.
•Have it load tested!
•clean all connection points! Pay close attention to negative cable to frame ground
•check tightness of all battery cable connections not just battery terminal ends.
•use a jumper cable and jump from the negative battery terminal to the starter frame.
These are pretty much the order to follow unless you have done them since nothing with the jump of solenoid terminals

/ 2005 Jinma 284 won't start! #15  
I don't know about the glow plugs but I've cleaned all battery hookups and ground.
I don't know how to bleed air out of the fuel lines but the air filter still looks new.
It doesn't turn over at all. Just goes "click" once and nothing else.
if it just goes click the voltage and current is not getting into the starter. I had my 284 for 16 years. You need someone that understands the circuit to the starter and can read and understand using a VOM. I would be able to figure it out in 5 minutes. The rest of the recommendations do not come into play yet as it is not turning over. sorry I am not close to you to help but you must have someone close that can trace the circuit.

if it just goes click the voltage and current is not getting into the starter. I had my 284 for 16 years. You need someone that understands the circuit to the starter and can read and understand using a VOM. I would be able to figure it out in 5 minutes. The rest of the recommendations do not come into play yet as it is not turning over. sorry I am not close to you to help but you must have someone close that can trace the circuit.
Thank you for your help. I'm now able (with a screwdriver) to get it to make a "spinning" noise?
Battery is new 2 weeks ago and I took it back in yesterday to have it checked. The battery and cables aren't the issue.
All the Youtube videos on "what to do if your tractor won't start" all use a screwdriver and it fires right up.
At least I'm at least getting a noise now.
That's got to be progress. At this rate I should have my charity garden planted by 2028....🙄

/ 2005 Jinma 284 won't start! #17  
Thank you for your help. I'm now able (with a screwdriver) to get it to make a "spinning" noise?
Battery is new 2 weeks ago and I took it back in yesterday to have it checked. The battery and cables aren't the issue.
All the Youtube videos on "what to do if your tractor won't start" all use a screwdriver and it fires right up.
At least I'm at least getting a noise now.
That's got to be progress. At this rate I should have my charity garden planted by 2028....

Does it spin the engine up to speed?
Not sure how to interpret I get a spinning noise with the screwdriver.
What do you get with the key in the start position? When jumping with a screwdriver was the key in the run position?

Does it spin the engine up to speed?
Not sure how to interpret I get a spinning noise with the screwdriver.
What do you get with the key in the start position? When jumping with a screwdriver was the key in the run position?
No, the key wasn't in the ignition at all. With the screwdriver I just got sparks and hear spinning. It's not like it's just turning over and won't start like with a car. Does that make sense?

No, the key wasn't in the ignition at all. With the screwdriver I just got sparks and hear spinning. It's not like it's just turning over and won't start like with a car. Does that make sense?
The YouTube videos said the screwdriver start was if you didn't have a key.
So I need to turn the key to "on"?
Sorry, but I've never had to repair a tractor before.
I so appreciate the help!

Key in and turned on doesn't change anything. Still just the spinning sound.