2005 Jinma 284 won't start!

/ 2005 Jinma 284 won't start! #1  

MacRanch

Tractor
2005 Jinma 284
I bought a 2005 Jinma 284 with 212 hours on it about 4 years ago. I've been able to get it started twice since then about 2 years ago.
So far I've replaced the starter, solenoid, ignition and I just put in a new battery last week.
It ~STILL~ won't start! I'm into this thing a small fortune including 5 brand new Implements I purchased for the Jinma. There are no actual tractor mechanics near me. I've been using a very knowledgeable riding mower mechanic who is just as confused as I am.
Does anyone have an idea WHY this thing won't start?
HELP PLEASE?

/ 2005 Jinma 284 won't start!
Also have new battery cables

/ 2005 Jinma 284 won't start! #3  
instead of replacing all that stuff you should have checked all the connections, negative cable from battery to ground for one. Get
your self a vom and go on youtube for instructions on how to use it

willy

/ 2005 Jinma 284 won't start! #4  
Does the starter spin the motor over at what seems a reasonable speed - about like the starter on a car would? Do the glow plugs work? Have you tried checking for decent fuel flow past the fuel filter? Have you bled the air out of the fuel lines? Is the air cleaner clean? Clean your battery terminals and connectors. Tighten the clamps on the terminals tightly. Check the ground connection at the frame, cleaning and tightening as required.

/ 2005 Jinma 284 won't start! #5  
As a 2003 Jinma/FarmPro 2420 owner I would tell you to check out the screen filter in the tank for flow. Easiest way to check is to just take off the glass bowl and see what kind of flow comes out. I would also check all the hoses for softness and then check the pump for prime by loosening one or all of the fuel injection fittings and check for flow there.
If it's an electrical problem you'll have to get the wiring diagram from the Chinese tractor page. There was one or two posted along the way. And Affordable tractor can answer questions on the phone as well but you will need to be handy with tools. And he can supply you any parts you need as he has them mostly in stock there. I've bought a lot of items I needed over the years.

Good luck and these things are considered "hobby tractors" . Light duty use only. Ours cuts grass and does a good job at that task.

instead of replacing all that stuff you should have checked all the connections, negative cable from battery to ground for one. Get
your self a vom and go on youtube for instructions on how to use it

willy
Hi Willy,
What is a VOM?
And when I tried to tighten the positive battery cable, it sparks so I'm not sure what to check for now.
I appreciate your advice! Thanks so much!

/ 2005 Jinma 284 won't start! #7  
MacRanch A VOM is called a volt ohm meter with this meter you can check example a light bulb, fuse voltage, the house voltage in your plug ins many things you can do with it and a cheap one will do no need to spend a bundle of money on one. Check this out:
this should be of some help. These little meters really come in handy when you are having electrical problems. Here is a picture of one:
willy

MacRanch A VOM is called a volt ohm meter with this meter you can check example a light bulb, fuse voltage, the house voltage in your plug ins many things you can do with it and a cheap one will do no need to spend a bundle of money on one. Check this out:
this should be of some help. These little meters really come in handy when you are having electrical problems. Here is a picture of one:
willy
Thank you Willy! I just took out battery and cleaned all the connections including the ground.
Still nothing!
Checked the clutch safety and it's clean and wrapped in electrical tape.
I'm ordering a VOM now.
Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate it! 😁

Does the starter spin the motor over at what seems a reasonable speed - about like the starter on a car would? Do the glow plugs work? Have you tried checking for decent fuel flow past the fuel filter? Have you bled the air out of the fuel lines? Is the air cleaner clean? Clean your battery terminals and connectors. Tighten the clamps on the terminals tightly. Check the ground connection at the frame, cleaning and tightening as required.
I don't know about the glow plugs but I've cleaned all battery hookups and ground.
I don't know how to bleed air out of the fuel lines but the air filter still looks new.
It doesn't turn over at all. Just goes "click" once and nothing else.

As a 2003 Jinma/FarmPro 2420 owner I would tell you to check out the screen filter in the tank for flow. Easiest way to check is to just take off the glass bowl and see what kind of flow comes out. I would also check all the hoses for softness and then check the pump for prime by loosening one or all of the fuel injection fittings and check for flow there.
If it's an electrical problem you'll have to get the wiring diagram from the Chinese tractor page. There was one or two posted along the way. And Affordable tractor can answer questions on the phone as well but you will need to be handy with tools. And he can supply you any parts you need as he has them mostly in stock there. I've bought a lot of items I needed over the years.

Good luck and these things are considered "hobby tractors" . Light duty use only. Ours cuts grass and does a good job at that task.
Thanks for all the info. I'm very handy with tools but couldn't point out at least half of what people are suggesting. I thought when I retired this would be a "hobby" but this Jinma has been a full time job!
In four years I've been able to actually use it for less than 2 hours....