Your towing rigs and trailers

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #3,851  
My "heavy" tow rig.
1997 Ford F-250 HD 4x4, 7.3L Power stroke. 80,500 miles on the clock.
With a 1994, 16' Wilson custom trailer. Use this for the Kubota B2150.
This was the day I picked them up.
Pic1: I was dropping off the rotary cutter so I could go get the rest of the stuff.
Both had been sitting for about 3 years when I acquired them. That's why all the dust on the front of the truck.
It was a package deal; Truck, trailer, B2150, Rotary cutter, Box blade, Tiller, Pallet forks, Chains, binders, etc...
Pic 2; Picking up the rest.
Pic 3/4; My other towing rig; 2007 Dodge Nitro 3.7L 4x4 Manual trany, and home made 5x12 trailer. I used this for most other things.

tntrailer01.jpg

k2150aa-jpg.685429

092605.jpg

Trees02.jpg

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #3,852  
What is the story behind obtaining the truck, trailer package? Friend or family member cleaning out the garage? Just wondering. Looks like nice rigs. Jon

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #3,853  
What is the story behind obtaining the truck, trailer package? Friend or family member cleaning out the garage? Just wondering. Looks like nice rigs. Jon
Thanks Jon.
Someone I had worked with numerous times in the past running the tractor among other things. I had borrowed the tractor in the past a few times. I always took good care of the tractor and oohed and aahed over how well it could do things. So when he no longer needed it, he offered it to me, knowing I would take good care of "His baby". Then he said "You know, you need some way to move the tractor. And since I don't drive the truck much anymore. How about a package deal?" I won't talk price, but it was to good a deal to pass up.

Both truck and tractor needed some work, since they had been sitting for a few years. Batteries, starter relay, brake calipers on the truck, and of course mouse nests, that kind of stuff. But over all both are in great shape.
The trailer had original 1994 tires on it o_O. It's got new ones now...

Last edited:
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #3,854  
Replaced the 2014 Expedition with a 2017. So far very impressed with the 3.5 Ecoboost. I’ll hook it up and do a test run with the tractor later this week but I expect it will be a significant difference over the 5.4 V8
IMG_3379.JPG

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #3,855  
I recently swapped out my 2014 2500 for a 2021 3500 C&C. The 3/4 ton treated me very well over 7 years. It hauled everything I ever asked of it, even though I was a little overweight sometimes. My wife's horse trailer puts the rear axle of a 3/4 ton within a few pounds of the limit so I decided to go dually on the next truck as horse trailers never get any smaller... I am really pleased with how well it drives. It is not as rough riding as I thought it would be compared to my 3/4 ton, even with the tires inflated over 85 psi by the dealer. The CM bed has a few blemishes here and there but I'm pretty happy with it. It looks really good.

IMG_2913.JPG

So far I have had Cooper St Maxx tires installed, had the bed sprayed with Line-x, mounted the steps from my last truck after having them sprayed with Line-x as well and I just mounted my Buckstop bumper over the weekend.

IMG_3029.jpg

63701819664__0A591D95-6B26-40D2-A7B1-294503A181F3.jpg

IMG_3174.jpg

IMG_3393.jpg

I've hauled a few loads with it already and all I can say is WOW! What a difference compared to my '14. I'm not sure if its the 4.10s or the Aisin's low first gear, this truck will flat out move a load. We loaded up the equipment beside the seller's house and I had to do a three point turn beside his house to leave. I'm used the the 3.42s and 68RFE having to get wound up kinda like a CVT before it would move much. This 21 would start moving the load in sugar sand with a feather amount of throttle over idle. It was really impressive.

The truck rode great. Having some weight on the truck definitely smoothed out the ride. I still haven't noticed a need for air bags but we shall see.

IMG_3004.jpg

IMG_3059.jpg

IMG_3398.jpg

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #3,856  
I recently swapped out my 2014 2500 for a 2021 3500 C&C. The 3/4 ton treated me very well over 7 years. It hauled everything I ever asked of it, even though I was a little overweight sometimes. My wife's horse trailer puts the rear axle of a 3/4 ton within a few pounds of the limit so I decided to go dually on the next truck as horse trailers never get any smaller... I am really pleased with how well it drives. It is not as rough riding as I thought it would be compared to my 3/4 ton, even with the tires inflated over 85 psi by the dealer. The CM bed has a few blemishes here and there but I'm pretty happy with it. It looks really good.

So far I have had Cooper St Maxx tires installed, had the bed sprayed with Line-x, mounted the steps from my last truck after having them sprayed with Line-x as well and I just mounted my Buckstop bumper over the weekend.

The truck rode great. Having some weight on the truck definitely smoothed out the ride. I still haven't noticed a need for air bags but we shall see.
With the 3500 Dually, I doubt you'll need air bags unless you haul a front heavy 5th wheel.

Or if you want to make it ride really soft by removing a spring or two and using the air bags for loads.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #3,857  
With the 3500 Dually, I doubt you'll need air bags unless you haul a front heavy 5th wheel.

Or if you want to make it ride really soft by removing a spring or two and using the air bags for loads.
I know it would ride a lot better with air bags. Also, I don't have a lot of clearance between the bed and the tires. Air bags and an onboard compressor would help me adjust the ride height as needed.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #3,858  
55681FDB-86BD-4A57-80B4-81C777FA550B.jpeg

My snowmobiling setup (2012 Cummins - 23’ lightning 3 place)
Need to find an equipment trailer so I can take the tractor up north...

Last edited:
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #3,859  

View attachment 695386

View attachment 695391

View attachment 695387

View attachment 695388

View attachment 695390

I've hauled a few loads with it already and all I can say is WOW! What a difference compared to my '14. I'm not sure if its the 4.10s or the Aisin's low first gear, this truck will flat out move a load. We loaded up the equipment beside the seller's house and I had to do a three point turn beside his house to leave. I'm used the the 3.42s and 68RFE having to get wound up kinda like a CVT before it would move much. This 21 would start moving the load in sugar sand with a feather amount of throttle over idle. It was really impressive.

View attachment 695392

View attachment 695393

View attachment 695394

That’s a really nice setup. The CM truck beds are some of the absolute best off the shelf flatbeds available.

I, too, doubt you’ll need airbags. How many leaf springs do you have, in the rear? On most pickups, they have three or four leaf springs. When you move to the C&C, you get nearly a dozen. It’s one of the biggest differences between a pickup and C&C. There are others, but not relevant to this discussion.

If it’s anything like my truck, it rides much better, with a trailer on it.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #3,860  
I know it would ride a lot better with air bags. Also, I don't have a lot of clearance between the bed and the tires. Air bags and an onboard compressor would help me adjust the ride height as needed.
Very nice rig! Congrats!