Online Kioti Parts

/ Online Kioti Parts #21  
No aftermarket hydraulic filters available for my Kioti....
Mine neither, but I do use Napa (Wix) oil filters, never had a problem.
Genuine Kubota or Kioti or JD or whatever filters are only a few pennies more in most instances. Not worth the hassle for me. Besides, my dealer delivers my parts to the farm. I don't even have to go get them.
Dealer's more of a hassle for me, close to an hour's drive vs 10 min to Napa. I don't think the dealer's gonna deliver a filter 40-odd miles for free.
Yeah, the manufacturers want you to think their filters are somehow special and superior to aftermarket ones, but the name brand ones are perfectly good, certainly nothing I'm gonna obsess over.

/ Online Kioti Parts #22  
Here's the difference. If you took your warrantied tractor in to the dealer for engine problems and they open it up and find this and a non-OEM (this pic is from an engine that had a Wix installed, the orange bits are the pieces of the anit-drain back valve) filter installed they're going to void your warranty on the spot and tell you to talk to the filter manufacturer. If it's an OEM filter bought from an authorized dealer it's fully on the tractor manufacturer to resolve and under warrnty.

dscn0670-jpg.1694575

Not legally.

IMG_1363.JPG

MoKelly

/ Online Kioti Parts #23  
Apples and oranges. If a dealer finds pieces of a disintegrated anti-drain back valve from an after market oil filter clogging oil passage ways that has nothing to do with the Magnuson-Moss act. However, if it's an OEM filter then it's all one throat to choke and the dealer/manufacturer is on the hook to resolve the problem. Clearly the use of an after market filter, in and of itself, would not void the warranty. But again, that's not what I was talking about.

/ Online Kioti Parts #24  
Kind of distill down to if there is a problem, the OEM can and will look for anything contributory and can and will deny if the determine there is. Using a non OEM part can be construed as a warranty breaker if the OEM decides it is and you are 100% at their mercy in that scenario. Sure you can litigate it but it will cost you in legal fees and in the end, you'll pay anyway. They have attorneys on the payroll for just that, you don't.

/ Online Kioti Parts #25  
Mine neither, but I do use Napa (Wix) oil filters, never had a problem.

Dealer's more of a hassle for me, close to an hour's drive vs 10 min to Napa. I don't think the dealer's gonna deliver a filter 40-odd miles for free.
Yeah, the manufacturers want you to think their filters are somehow special and superior to aftermarket ones, but the name brand ones are perfectly good, certainly nothing I'm gonna obsess over.
Mine does and he's 35 miles from the farm. Always has actually, but then I'll buy parts for not only the tractors from him but my hay tools as well. He's a New Holland - Kubota - Case IH dealer.

/ Online Kioti Parts #26  
Going a bit off track, but I'm interested in the Wix issues brought up here. I use Napa Gold filters for my DK40se hst and I believe they are manufactured by Wix. Did a quick search of "Napa Gold anti drain back valve issues" and didn't find much. Can anyone fill me in?

/ Online Kioti Parts #27  
Perfect. Do what makes you happy. But....who makes those Kubota labelled filters? Dutchy
You are arguing with a MR. KNOW IT ALL who has the best equipment.Just ask him.He is NOTHING BUT A BIG BLOW HARD.I use OEM filters purchased from my local Kioti dealer.

/ Online Kioti Parts #28  
Going a bit off track, but I'm interested in the Wix issues brought up here. I use Napa Gold filters for my DK40se hst and I believe they are manufactured by Wix. Did a quick search of "Napa Gold anti drain back valve issues" and didn't find much. Can anyone fill me in?

/ Online Kioti Parts #29  
My NX's air filter FROM THE FACTORY says "Donaldson." Donaldson has several other cross-references; I trust Donaldson.

Defects are just that, defects. I'd wager that there HAS been instances of defective OEM filters*. What matters is whether and damage from a defective filter is going to be resolved. Yes, sure, frequency of defective items matters, but I'm not thinking that any reputable brand, from a manufacturer that stands up to their warranty or whatever, isn't going to stay in business putting out poor QA'd products. There's a distinction between possibilities and probabilities. QA addresses the more important one: probabilities.

* What happens when your machine's manufacturer's warranty is no longer valid and one of their OEM filters is defective, resulting in damage?

/ Online Kioti Parts #30  
* What happens when your machine's manufacturer's warranty is no longer valid and one of their OEM filters is defective, resulting in damage?

I'm guessing you'd have a better chance at getting Kioti to fix your catastrophic engine issue caused by their defective filter than Wix. One has the infrastructure in place to deal with an issue like this and the other doesn't. That's not to say it'll be easy to do so with Kioti but it'll be essentially impossible trying to get satisfaction from Wix.