New House Build in WV

/ New House Build in WV #441  
Why the different height wall cabinets? With my 8 ft ceiling all mine go to the ceiling.
I don't know his motive, but all new houses I've seen have multi height upper cabinets. Maybe its just the thing right now, but it looks much better in my opinion. Much more pleasing to the eye than a straight horizontal line. Now if you only have 8ft ceilings, that is a different story.

/ New House Build in WV
Why the different height wall cabinets? With my 8 ft ceiling all mine go to the ceiling.

It’s just the design my wife and the lady at the cabinet shop came up with. Staggered top cabinets seem to be popular here, as all new kitchens we have gone in are done that way. With the cathedral ceiling, we also felt it looked better than if all were the same height.

/ New House Build in WV #443  
It looks nice, have never seen that.

/ New House Build in WV #445  
How you going to frame out the windows?

/ New House Build in WV
How you going to frame out the windows?

I’m using 1x6’s to build the inside framing. The bottom will get a bullnose routed on the outer edge and hang over 1 1/2 inches. The outer trim will be 1x4’s with a craftsman style top.

I’ve never done anything like it before, so it should be interesting.

/ New House Build in WV #447  
Kitchen cabinets were installed today. They were very efficient and did nice clean job. Very happy with how it turned out. They will be back next week to install the the counter top.

There is one cabinet without handles, it was wrong and will be replaced next week. It was supposed to be all drawers with one drawer being a cutlery drawer.

View attachment 698430
I really like it. Still lurking. What's going in the gap on the right, by the window? Dishwasher?

/ New House Build in WV
I really like it. Still lurking. What's going in the gap on the right, by the window? Dishwasher?

Yep, that’s where the dishwasher goes. Still need to take it out of the box to see what is included as far as drain tubing, then get all the plumbing and electrical items needed to hook it up.

/ New House Build in WV
I agree. Based on how the ceiling vaults the cabinets look fantastic. Perfect in fact.

MoKelly

Thanks, we are definitely happy with it, just hope the white cabinets don’t prove to hard to keep clean.