Is it just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Is it just me? #61  
Do you still have it? Do you offer ketchup?
I ordered a cold meat sub from our local Subway. I asked for ketchup and the attendant looked at me like I was crazy. He said they have never had ketchup.
no ketchup, ever! no hotdogs! no burgers! no frys!

and in my case, no profit!

/ Is it just me? #62  
When I was a medic, I used to kinda relish stabbing guys in the butt with a big ole penicillin shot for a social disease for visiting the local ***** house. Think I'd be more kind today.
after a bachelor party in college a bunch of the boys got a ....... little bug......

the doc at the college clinic was an older lady. i remember that little bottle brush she used and didn't hold back!!!!!

/ Is it just me? #63  
Speaking of chicken.......Bojangles kinda owns the market here although there are kfc.

I noticed Popeyes is going to open soon. Been a long time since i've seen a Popeyes.

/ Is it just me? #64  
Unfortunately most peoples opinion of biscuits and gravy are based on the pale incorrectly prepared swill that is prevalent today.
Good gravy starts with browned sausage and flour is added to the grease to make a roux. Yes grease is your friend
Most restaurants gravy has grey bits of sausage, if any, and the flour has not been cooked long enough so all you have is paste. That looks a lot like what my Granny made to hang wallpaper.

Has anybody ever tried fresh leaf lettuce, onions and hot bacon grease. Good stuff.

/ Is it just me? #65  
My wife is a Yankee... makes the best biscuits and gravy you ever had; and chicken and dumplings.... fahgetaboutit.... hands down the best on the planet.
A couple of my favorites! My Grand mother made the best chicken and noodles ever. She would kill an old setting hen and make the best ever. I still miss getting the egg bag.

/ Is it just me? #66  
Unfortunately most peoples opinion of biscuits and gravy are based on the pale incorrectly prepared swill that is prevalent today.
Good gravy starts with browned sausage and flour is added to the grease to make a roux. Yes grease is your friend
Most restaurants gravy has grey bits of sausage, if any, and the flour has not been cooked long enough so all you have is paste. That looks a lot like what my Granny made to hang wallpaper.

Has anybody ever tried fresh leaf lettuce, onions and hot bacon grease. Good stuff.
Wilted Leaf Lettuce Salad”

Ingredients

2 or 3 eggs, boiled and sliced

Bowl of fresh leaf lettuce, washed and drained in colander

¼ cup sugar (approximate)

4 slices smoked bacon

several fresh green onions and radishes

½ cup cider vinegar

¼ cup water

Boil your eggs, cool them and slice.

Fry the bacon crispy and remove the skillet from the burner.

Drain, cool and crumble the bacon, and set aside the bacon drippings.

Slice the onions and radishes.

Remove the drained lettuce from the colander to a large salad bowl, and sprinkle with sugar;

Mix the vinegar and water and add to the bacon drippings. Heat to boiling, and immediately pour over the lettuce to wilt.

Add the eggs, onions, radishes, bacon bits and salt and pepper to taste. Toss and serve immediately.

(Note: you will probably want to adjust the sugar/vinegar to your own taste)

This is my particular favorite. It does require a bit of art, but you should be able to get it right after a
couple of times. Make sure the vinegar/bacon drippings get very hot, and are poured over
immediately. The lettuce should be as fresh and tender as possible. I have never eaten a bad batch.

After a hard day in the yard, just open up a cool beer, put a thick rib eye on the grill and get ready for a
meal fit for a king. Time the steak, a platter of fried okra and the wilted leaf salad to come off about the
same time…it doesn’t get much better than this. I couldn’t recommend it more highly.

/ Is it just me? #67  
They recently opened one here. I went on line to read the ingredients. No self-respecting person would eat one of those sandwiches, or anything else they sell.

/ Is it just me? #68  
Wilted Leaf Lettuce Salad”

Ingredients

2 or 3 eggs, boiled and sliced

Bowl of fresh leaf lettuce, washed and drained in colander

¼ cup sugar (approximate)

4 slices smoked bacon

several fresh green onions and radishes

½ cup cider vinegar

¼ cup water

Boil your eggs, cool them and slice.

Fry the bacon crispy and remove the skillet from the burner.

Drain, cool and crumble the bacon, and set aside the bacon drippings.

Slice the onions and radishes.

Remove the drained lettuce from the colander to a large salad bowl, and sprinkle with sugar;

Mix the vinegar and water and add to the bacon drippings. Heat to boiling, and immediately pour over the lettuce to wilt.

Add the eggs, onions, radishes, bacon bits and salt and pepper to taste. Toss and serve immediately.

(Note: you will probably want to adjust the sugar/vinegar to your own taste)

This is my particular favorite. It does require a bit of art, but you should be able to get it right after a
couple of times. Make sure the vinegar/bacon drippings get very hot, and are poured over
immediately. The lettuce should be as fresh and tender as possible. I have never eaten a bad batch.

After a hard day in the yard, just open up a cool beer, put a thick rib eye on the grill and get ready for a
meal fit for a king. Time the steak, a platter of fried okra and the wilted leaf salad to come off about the
same time…it doesn’t get much better than this. I couldn’t recommend it more highly.

A man after my own heart

/ Is it just me? #69  
A man after my own heart
Thank you...it's really wonderful...especially if you have a garden and raise fresh lettuce and veggies.

P.S. My family came here from Bowling Green.

Last edited:
   / Is it just me? #70  

Warm bacon dressing is the best. Mom used to make a warm dressing to put on lettuce.

Status
Not open for further replies.