Is it just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Is it just me? #71  
A co-worker put a slice of bacon on a glazed donut, and tried to get everyone around him to try it. I tried it....they are both good but not together.

/ Is it just me? #72  
A co-worker put a slice of bacon on a glazed donut, and tried to get everyone around him to try it. I tried it....they are both good but not together.

So you all passed around the donut with bacon on top and took a bite?

Yay —- we are truly back to normal!!!

MoKelly

/ Is it just me? #73  
Speaking of chicken.......Bojangles kinda owns the market here although there are kfc.

I noticed Popeyes is going to open soon. Been a long time since i've seen a Popeyes.
Popeyes is to KFC as pulled pork is to Spam. They may come from the same general animal but that's where the similarities end.

/ Is it just me? #74  
Popeyes is to KFC as pulled pork is to Spam. They may come from the same general animal but that's where the similarities end.
Popeyes does have the best fried chicken, Church's isn't bad either. I'd go hungry before I went to KFC...

/ Is it just me? #75  
I weakened and went to KFC a few years ago after seeing an ad for hot and spicy chicken, the couple in the ad had a piece of golden fried chicken, bit it and it crunched then fanned their mouths because of the spice, mine looked right but made a squelching farting noise when bitten, dribbled oil down my chin and was bland and tasteless, and their mashed potato has a texture like shaving cream.

/ Is it just me? #76  
Thank you...it's really wonderful...especially if you have a garden and raise fresh lettuce and veggies.

P.S. My family came here from Bowling Green.

I have a sisinlaw and her family living in BG.

/ Is it just me? #77  
My mom made the best fried chicken! My sister's (older than me) don't have the recipe but have speculated at what she used.

The KFC here in town is pretty good to me and the family, now the employees are hit or miss as far as order accuracy and efficiency, always have to check before leaving.

Popeyes I've tried and didn't care for it. Isn't it crazy how these chains can vary from region to region.

/ Is it just me? #79  
So you all passed around the donut with bacon on top and took a bite?

Yay —- we are truly back to normal!!!

MoKelly
Well, not quite....that was about 20 years ago and he bought donuts and bacon for everyone. 🍩🥓

He died last year at 80 years old so maybe it is a healthy thing to eat.

/ Is it just me? #80  
Speaking of chicken.......Bojangles kinda owns the market here although there are kfc.

I noticed Popeyes is going to open soon. Been a long time since i've seen a Popeyes.

We use to go to the nearest Popeyes that was 25 miles away in Mishawaka. Always busy, cars in the drive-through lined up all the way around the building most all the time. We always went inside and usually had our food in a few minutes. Once though, it was over a half hour. Seems the computer system had a brain fart and lost all the orders.
So they built one on the north side of Elkhart, we figured that would be great, only 8 or 9 miles away. Then, before it even opened for business came the pandemic. No inside service, and the cars are sometimes lined up around the building twice. Haven't eaten there yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.