Is it just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Is it just me? #81  
We use to go to the nearest Popeyes that was 25 miles away in Mishawaka. Always busy, cars in the drive-through lined up all the way around the building most all the time. We always went inside and usually had our food in a few minutes. Once though, it was over a half hour. Seems the computer system had a brain fart and lost all the orders.
So they built one on the north side of Elkhart, we figured that would be great, only 8 or 9 miles away. Then, before it even opened for business came the pandemic. No inside service, and the cars are sometimes lined up around the building twice. Haven't eaten there yet.
We live close to the Popeyes in South Bend and we drive over to the Mishawaka store instead. Why? If you get into that line at the South Bend store, there's no escape route when the shooting starts. That, and they are frequently out of things and the service is slow.

/ Is it just me? #82  
Wow, and Yikes! Being in the line of fire, or driving another twenty minutes. No contest.

I can't ever recall having to be in the line of fire for food, fortunately. I once had to detour off of the interstate through SE Chicago, and that was bad enough.

On the other hand for the last six months we have been in the line of fire at night from some yahoos next door who were poaching near the house. It took the sheriff and game warden forever to catch them, even with real time game camera photos and alerts. Finally, the local sheriff broke out their chopper with military grade night vision and hunted the poachers down, which took ninety minutes of low flying helicopter passes and PA commands to give up. Arrested three guys. The really aggravating bit is that the landowner, who lives on the property, lets pretty much anyone shoot, anytime. We have had to call in cops for automatic weapons fire, and them shooting the neighbor's bull. Public. Nuisance. I had one sheriff tell me rural shooting was allowed ("yes, but officer, but automatic weapon fire isn't is it...?") and another recommended that we arm up. (To do what? Shoot into darkness at muzzle flashes? Hold the Alamo until the calvary arrives?) :rolleyes:

Back to the best chicken sandwich...for which I have no opinion. Twice cooked fries? Sign me up!

All the best,

Peter

/ Is it just me? #83  
Called in when some yahoos were shooting from a vehicle into the horse field next door one night, cops took over 2 hrs to respond.

/ Is it just me? #84  
Called in when some yahoos were shooting from a vehicle into the horse field next door one night, cops took over 2 hrs to respond.
When seconds count, the cops are just hours away....isn't that how it goes?

/ Is it just me? #85  
When seconds count, the cops are just hours away....isn't that how it goes?

Especially if defunded.

Maybe a social workers could have come to counsel the misguided violators and get them into a self awareness education session.🤨

MoKelly

/ Is it just me? #86  
I've mentioned before that we are spoiled with great police response times in our county. The station is(was) about 800 yards from my house! :ROFLMAO:

We'd call and maybe 60 seconds later HELLO! If I wanted to, I could actually stand in the street in front of my house and see them run out the door, jump in the car, and drive straight at me.

Now they moved it to the other side of the airport, so it's gonna be about 5 minutes worst case scenario. Still great service.

South Bend police have set up Shot Spotter around town. It listens for gunshots and triangulates the location of the shot to within less than 10'. Police response is usually less than 2 minutes to gunshots. They frequently find the victims quickly, and more of them live now. Amazing technology.

/ Is it just me? #87  
Wow, and Yikes! Being in the line of fire, or driving another twenty minutes. No contest.

I can't ever recall having to be in the line of fire for food, fortunately. I once had to detour off of the interstate through SE Chicago, and that was bad enough.

On the other hand for the last six months we have been in the line of fire at night from some yahoos next door who were poaching near the house. It took the sheriff and game warden forever to catch them, even with real time game camera photos and alerts. Finally, the local sheriff broke out their chopper with military grade night vision and hunted the poachers down, which took ninety minutes of low flying helicopter passes and PA commands to give up. Arrested three guys. The really aggravating bit is that the landowner, who lives on the property, lets pretty much anyone shoot, anytime. We have had to call in cops for automatic weapons fire, and them shooting the neighbor's bull. Public. Nuisance. I had one sheriff tell me rural shooting was allowed ("yes, but officer, but automatic weapon fire isn't is it...?") and another recommended that we arm up. (To do what? Shoot into darkness at muzzle flashes? Hold the Alamo until the calvary arrives?) :rolleyes:

Back to the best chicken sandwich...for which I have no opinion. Twice cooked fries? Sign me up!

All the best,

Peter
Yes, love that chicken from Popeyes! :ROFLMAO:

Back in the early 80's when I worked at the Fixed Base Operator at the local airport, we would go to Popeyes, just down the street, about once a week. The gun violence was not prominent back then. Our ground support vehicle mechanic would ask where we were going for lunch today, and I'd bawk like a chicken. BAWK! BAWK! BAGAWK! That signaled Popeyes.

Then which kind of chicken, mild or hot?
Hot of course!

That devolved into:

What are we having for lunch today?

Hot bawk!

To this day I still think of 'Hot Bawk' every time someone mentions Popeyes. I also think of the mechanic. He passed away way to young from a blood disease. RIP Butch. ;)

As for South East Chicago... been through there many times. Gary is scarier to me.

Wife and I used to go to Chicago for fun. On the way there or home we'd drive the lakeshore south all the way to Whiting, Indiana. There was a Sarah Lee outlet store there. We'd load up a couple coolers with goodies. :p

/ Is it just me? #89  
Popeyes does nothing for me. Don’t even consider going there.

/ Is it just me? #90  
I don’t eat much fast food, but when I do, Arby’s is my favorite.
Their roast beef sandwiches are excellent and their potato cakes or curly fries are a real treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.