Happiness is:

/ Happiness is: #91  
Incredible performance by JC... and I believe he knew all too well both sides of the coin.
Johnny Cash has always been one of my favorites; in fact Karaoke nights I get lots of "you do good on the Johnny Cash songs". I saw Johnny in concert two separate times; ca. 1959-1960. He had a powerful stage presence, but both times he appeared to be a bit unsteady, and had difficulty keeping his balance...but he never missed a lick on his guitar nor did he flub any of the lyrics of his songs. Johnny Cash...a great American treasure...RIP.

/ Happiness is: #92  
Johnny Cash has always been one of my favorites; in fact Karaoke nights I get lots of "you do good on the Johnny Cash songs". I saw Johnny in concert two separate times; ca. 1959-1960. He had a powerful stage presence, but both times he appeared to be a bit unsteady, and had difficulty keeping his balance...but he never missed a lick on his guitar nor did he flub any of the lyrics of his songs. Johnny Cash...a great American treasure...RIP.
We saw JC at the California mid-State fair late 80s early 90s great show it was a FREEBEE with paid admission!!! He did his show got his cash💵💵💵, got in his tour bus and left. Good memories 👍🏻✌🏻

/ Happiness is: #93  
My grandfather knew him well; being both a studio musician and a plumber... from Nashville his entire life and my hometown.

/ Happiness is: #94  
Happiness is subjective. While the air conditioning in the truck and house made me very happy today, I recall being equally happy decades earlier in a small town with only the movie theatre air conditioned. Seems we had just as much fun as kids back then. Maybe we just didn't know you needed air conditioning to be happy?

Happiness is just something that goes along with you for the ride.

/ Happiness is: #95  
My grandfather knew him well; being both a studio musician and a plumber... from Nashville his entire life and my hometown.
There are a number of documentaries on the early music scene in Nashville including one about the studio musicians.

Maybe your gf was in one of them?

/ Happiness is: #96  
There are a number of documentaries on the early music scene in Nashville including one about the studio musicians.

Maybe your gf was in one of them?
No idea. I know my uncle did a lot of studio work as a bass player before he drank himself to death...

/ Happiness is: #99  
Happiness isn't elusive or fleeting; it is always present like a heart beat, One just needs to be quiet and listen to find it.

Last edited:
   / Happiness is: #100  
It was his loss in reality; such a talent, and yet he chose alcohol and drugs instead.
One reason I chose NOT to make playing music my life. I saw too many guys who were either alcoholics, drug addicts and were either divorced or had no family life. I wanted a family, and figured the two were not consistent.