What additives do you use in your fuel and engines?

/ What additives do you use in your fuel and engines? #31  
Diesel
Stanadyne performance in truck and tractors. Buy 5 gallon cans (9). Use about 160 gallons in tractors in a year. In the truck the additive gives a solid 1 mpg increase paying for the additive and makes the mechanical fuel injection pump a little quieter. Buy stanadyne in 5 gallon can and transfer to pint bottles to dispense. Shell T6 oil in all.

Gas
Pir-G. Keeps fuel fresher better and longer than sta-bil I find. Refreshes stale fuel. Tell a difference in small engines, two stroke, four wheeler, generator and Miller Bobcat gas welder.

/ What additives do you use in your fuel and engines? #32  
Stabil marine in the gas equipment that sits a lot, Lucas fuel stabilizer in my daily driver on occasion. Amsoil All-in-One in the diesels regularly. The Cetane points seem to really have a set of the pants different in my dump truck. I also have PS and some kerosene handy in the winter because I've had summer blend fuel carry over and gel up on me.

And clean, religiously replaced fuel filters in everything that has one!

/ What additives do you use in your fuel and engines? #33  
I put the white bottle PS in the diesel I put into the generator's 60 gallon tank. Lately, I've been taking fuel from it for the tractor.

Otherwise, never used any additive for 39 years in the diesel cars.
I do the same.

/ What additives do you use in your fuel and engines? #35  
None, but none of my stuff sits for more than 6 months at a time nor do I buy fuel in bulk.

The generator is drained and run out of fuel when not in use since that isn’t always used seasonally.

In the past, I’ve used a splash of anti-gelling stuff in the tank if the temps are extremely low and I’m heading to the UP for a week of snowmobiling, just in case, since the truck sits almost all week.

/ What additives do you use in your fuel and engines? #36  
Biocide with B-2. Bio is a great lubricity additive. No other additive needed for lubricity if you use it. Some stabil in my gas if it's going to sit around

/ What additives do you use in your fuel and engines? #38  
Trust me if you gell even once you'll do as I as now all my fuel gets anti gelling added.
I was lucky the second time as I was very close to home but the first time I had to walk a fair distance to get some heat source to liquify those waxy blobs.

Scariest picture is that blob of waxy material in your fuel bowl.

When I heated with oil I would also gell when it was very cold but that I fixed by adding a heat tracing cable on the outside oil line. The oil supplier suggested that I use kerosene rather than heating oil, yeah, sure at a premium price.
That suggests that many additives might just be kerosene.

Best trouble free fuel was when I could get jet fuel for free as when they service an aircraft fuel system they never return drained fuel back to the aircraft. Naturally I'd filter B4 using it.

/ What additives do you use in your fuel and engines? #39  
What do you guys use for biocide? What do you recommend that I can get localy at a Walmart or Runnings? I have a can or two of #1 that I'd like to save for next winter rather than burn up in the heat and might ought to treat it. I'd also be glad to hear that it won't hurt to burn the #1 in the heat--I'm pretty new to the whole diesel experience.

Thanks,

Bob

/ What additives do you use in your fuel and engines? #40  
Lots of snake oil additives out there to be purchased. Everything under the sun.

Myself, I use Biocide in my diesel storage tank (Powerservice Bio-Kleen) and Powerservice winter and summer additives as well. I also use Archoil additives in my engines, especially the AR Nano-Borate oil additive. Not cheap but keeps the engines clean inside. I switched from Rotella straight 30 weight to 5-40 Rotella T6 some years back as well.

Typically, I have around 500 gallons of diesel on hand constantly and I'm always concerned about algae growing in my bulk tank. Been down the algae highway before and it's not a cheap fix, even if you do the work yourself. My last go around with it cist me almost a grand in new parts and a lot of time and labor. I'd rather use an ounce or two of prevention than have to del with the slime.

What are your favorite elixirs and why?
I use TRC DZL-PEP with AAT year-round in my JD 1025R - about .125 ounce ( 5/8 ounce per 5 gallon). It keeps the engine clean - keeps the diesel clean and makes it start OK down to 20 below zero. TRC also has a special formula to thaw out the diesel (which I don't need so far). I use their greases, oils, etc. They've been in business since 1922 in Ft. Worth, TX ( Started off as PANTHER OIL).