Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #135,231  
David, why did the old belts fail? Was it alignment?

slowly cooking some fresh picked beets from the garden, first ones I've had so far.
Just simmering the beets in some butter and a little white wine, then will add greens at the end.

70 out and very overcast, looks like it wants to rain but not for another couple hours.
I'm done outside, now to finish wash and house cleaning. Might as well be pouring down rain while I do that.

beets were yummy. Having problems with pc recognizing camera through the cable, sounds like a loose connection which likely
means the cable's neck is broken someplace. Will order another one online and test.

Attachments

• IMG_0165[1].JPG
    IMG_0165[1].JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0166[1].JPG
    IMG_0166[1].JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 54
   / Good morning!!!! #135,232  
Drew, in pad belt failure was due to operator error, basically attempting to cut areas too tall, too thick, too wet, or combination. Other times I’ve been know to catch a palm frond or banana truck that wanted to wrap instead of disintegrate. Most of the time I can stop the pto with minimal damage, but eventually it’s one time too many.
This time was totally different. The four bolts that secure the rotor bearing loosed (vibration) to the point that they were in full contact with the sheave and acted as a brake bring it to almost full stop. But I’m guessing there was a time of reduced rotation that while it allowed cutting it also caused more heat than normal. I suspect the vibration was due to loss of a hammer station (1st time). I also picked up replacement M12x80 with locking nut at Fastenal.

So far piddling is winning over the repair. We had a homegrown pineapple ready to eat and I had 1st volunteered to make another pineapple upside down cake, but we also had an angel food cake in freezer and opted to work with that, so basically I made pineapple topping with a fresh papaya, cherries, and flaked coconut, honey, butter, and brown sugar. Also added a splash of Meyers Dark rum. Testing suggests it is going to be great.

Sophie also asked that I prepare her cabbage in the Vitamix for cole slaw. As I was paying attention to the simmering pineapple I managed to over heat the Vitamix. Minimum of 45 minutes to reset.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,233  
morning all, sunny, cloudy , sunny today.
had 1.5" of rain yesterday so worked on benches in the garage on the new saw horses.
Trip to town to see the tourists then off to see a polo game at tinicum park, which ended up canceled :)
Then to Frenchtown to see which shops still exist, and then to a winery to hang for a bit.
This one is so new on the NJ side around Stockton, that everything was under tents, right amongst the vines.

That was after spending an hour cleaning out the various things living under the ornamental hazel nut tree and around the front walkways.

Drew- Miss the grange and used to also go down to the big farm show in south NJ, usually had a dozens of old tractors and a tractor parade.

Happy fourth everyone.

Fife and drums in town this morning.

4th 20210703_123637.jpg

Grapes anyone?
vine20210703_143216.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #135,234  
Pretty steady rain today....and quite cool (59° and light rain as I type this). Not much done...some YouTube, some reading ("Rendezvous with Rama"...my favorite book by Arthur C. Clarke).
Maybe a lazy day, but an enjoyable day...

/ Good morning!!!! #135,235  
Verdict is in in the baby saw, works great to 1.5” and works on 2”. After that…

My fat didn’t go as planned, at all. I got the spraying done about 9:15 and I was ready to mow. Then I realized my fuel was in the back of truck that my stepson borrowed. Finally got it about noon, ate lunch and headed out to mow. Got the front mowed and it looks great, so I headed to the back but when I engaged the deck all I heard was the gearbox spinning away. I guess I broke a belt, I wasn’t in the mood to remove the covers. I put back in the shed.

My eye issue turns out to be a mild cataract that was on the outer edge had moved to the center. Trying new glasses for improvement if that’s not enough I guess it’ll be surgery.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,236  
Got to 82 today, prediction was 77. Nice breeze and pretty white puffy clouds on a deep blue background.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,237  
We had friends from Texas who moved to Franklin, TN. We visited them several times and really liked the area there south of Nashville.

My son lives south of Nashville about half hour from Franklin. Wife’s niece lives in Franklin, she’s coming over tomorrow.
Today was visiting and hiking in a park with several nice waterfalls.
IMG_0450.JPG
IMG_0436.JPG

Then went to eat some good BBQ. Son choked on his, got some out, could breath but couldn’t swallow. I took him outside and the rest came out in the middle of the parking lot. So never got to finish lunch. Was scary, thought I would have to do heimlich on him.

All ok now.

Our other son didn’t come, so is home taking care of stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_0469.JPG
    IMG_0469.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 50
   / Good morning!!!! #135,238  
Good evening! 79˚F 88% humidity - I would say it's lightly sprinkling outside (some pre-covid might say spitting) but more accurately now I can say it's raining slightly enough that my Ford pickup auto wipers swiped twice in four miles.

Big day in Texas today. The first day a cruise ship left the port in Galveston since it shut down 16 months ago. Everyone had to show proof of vaccination and no mask or social distancing were required on board the Carnival Vista. A lot of happy people down there.

Thanks for the report Randy, How long did she use it?

/ Good morning!!!! #135,239  
MSRP $44,290
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
the gouge is on

Sky is clearing before the next and likely last band of showers come through.
Just a little bit of blue in the sky saying a colorful good night as the sun goes down.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,240  
Clear day here today with a cool breeze. Had a few days of rain so that cooled it down for a while. Pulled a muscle in my back so grouching around. :(
Can't do much at all.
Note to oneself... stop dragging the Pug around the floor in his bed. He loves it but my back doesn't.